GM Questions

Re: GM Questions

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:44 pm

Not sure if this is the place to request NPC's, but Unicorn guards requested here.
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:51 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:Not sure if this is the place to request NPC's, but Unicorn guards requested here.

Whoa yoiks!

Maybe before we resolve that, can we get a quick ruling on which stats to use for Intimidation/being Intimidated in HT-verse? Definitely Intimidation vs. Etiquette, but do attacker + defender both use Willpower, or is it only the Yoritomo courtier that uses Will and others use Awareness? There's apparently a 4E errata that suggests the former but the errata on this forum suggests the other way around. Confusion reigns! (in my head)
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Mindshred on Mon May 01, 2017 12:34 am

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:
Yogo Mizuki wrote:Not sure if this is the place to request NPC's, but Unicorn guards requested here.

Whoa yoiks!

Maybe before we resolve that, can we get a quick ruling on which stats to use for Intimidation/being Intimidated in HT-verse? Definitely Intimidation vs. Etiquette, but do attacker + defender both use Willpower, or is it only the Yoritomo courtier that uses Will and others use Awareness? There's apparently a 4E errata that suggests the former but the errata on this forum suggests the other way around. Confusion reigns! (in my head)

The attacker rolls Intimidate/Awareness and the Defender rolls Ettiquette (Courtesy)/Willpower, just like it says in the book.

The errata on this forum means that if the Yoritomo Courtier makes an Intimidation Roll, they roll Intimidation/Willpower instead of Intimidation/Awareness.

Unicorn will show up shortly, but there aren't any guards proper in the village (just older samurai), and they don't teleport in any case, so there's some time for a bit of talking.
Mindshred

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Mon May 01, 2017 12:37 am

So the official L5R 4ed Errata don't apply in HT-verse?

Time to reroll then. :P
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
|Glory/Infamy: 1.0/0.0| Honor: Honorless Dog| Status: 1.0| Courtship Points: -2
Mon: Scorpion, Yogo
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Mindshred on Mon May 01, 2017 1:40 am

Yogo Yuichi wrote:So the official L5R 4ed Errata don't apply in HT-verse?

Time to reroll then. :P

We have an errata thread on our games for a reason.

If it's not in the errata thread, it doesn't apply.

A fair amount of the official errata is in there, but not all of it (because, frankly, I think that some of it is stupid or contradictory).
Mindshred

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Mon May 01, 2017 7:34 am

Is the knowledge that Hantei XVI came back known to the Empire? Also is his reputation as a vile character also known?
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Mindshred on Mon May 01, 2017 8:39 am

Matsu Nintoku wrote:Is the knowledge that Hantei XVI came back known to the Empire? Also is his reputation as a vile character also known?

If you're a Lion, it's entirely possible. For non-Lions, it might be more of a stretch, but not unpossible.
Mindshred

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Tue May 02, 2017 3:28 pm

What roll and TN will is take to find a respectable Tea House in the Dark Edge Village streets?
Imperial • Hazy Pupils • Shugenja • Knowledgeable • Conservative • Wealthy
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Expetional | Courtship Points: 9
Carries:Robes, Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan, Sweets • Profile
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Kitsune Takeo on Tue May 02, 2017 4:05 pm

With the return of the Unicorn, can we assume that glass and glassworking has arrived in Rokugan?
Fox Clan * Bushi * The Fox Prince * Honorable * Hero of the People * Uncompromising * Idealistic

Status: 3.0 ; Glory 1.0 ; Honor: Exceptional ; Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, yumi, light armor
Accompanied by: a red fox named Asahi

Kitsune Takeo

Postby Ide Amaya on Tue May 02, 2017 5:24 pm

Seppun Aramoro wrote:What roll and TN will is take to find a respectable Tea House in the Dark Edge Village streets?

There are none, respectable or otherwise. The only physical buildings are the Admin Centre and Dojo. The rest is a shanty town of yurts primarily set up for the ma-ai guests.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Mindshred on Tue May 02, 2017 7:02 pm

Ide Amaya wrote:
Seppun Aramoro wrote:What roll and TN will is take to find a respectable Tea House in the Dark Edge Village streets?

There are none, respectable or otherwise. The only physical buildings are the Admin Centre and Dojo. The rest is a shanty town of yurts primarily set up for the ma-ai guests.

Yeah, there's not all that much in the way of a town.

Presumably there are some other buildings for peasants and such to live, but meh, peasants.

The Lion didn't exactly invest heavily in Dark Edge village.
Mindshred

Postby Mindshred on Tue May 02, 2017 7:02 pm

Kitsune Takeo wrote:With the return of the Unicorn, can we assume that glass and glassworking has arrived in Rokugan?

Not immediately, but soon, most likely.
Mindshred

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu May 04, 2017 2:02 pm

Just checking before I do any Gossip-rolls for Day 10... will there be rumours for Day 11? I can't remember if we've had rumours on the last day right now...

EDIT:

Also, since the Courtship rules state

Character can also earn or lose Courtship Points through roleplaying; characters who behave as proper adults and act like proper samurai may gain points, while those who exhibit behavior unbecoming of a samurai may lose points. These gains and losses will be entirely at the whim of the GM, but will generally not exceed a gain or loss of a single point except in the most extreme of situations.

Would you prefer it if we direct you with links to such roleplay efforts, since we know you can't be eveywhere? :) I know there have been PCs who have been making an extra effort for the Miai, like Shinjo Hanashi's storytelling the first days, Moshi Asakiko's fortune-telling, Bayushi Hotaru's work with the shrine, Asako Hirase's library, Tomoe's own work with teaching history to the Unicorn, and probably others I have missed too!
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Mindshred on Thu May 04, 2017 7:16 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:Just checking before I do any Gossip-rolls for Day 10... will there be rumours for Day 11? I can't remember if we've had rumours on the last day right now...

Nope, no rumors on D11.

EDIT:

Also, since the Courtship rules state

Character can also earn or lose Courtship Points through roleplaying; characters who behave as proper adults and act like proper samurai may gain points, while those who exhibit behavior unbecoming of a samurai may lose points. These gains and losses will be entirely at the whim of the GM, but will generally not exceed a gain or loss of a single point except in the most extreme of situations.

Would you prefer it if we direct you with links to such roleplay efforts, since we know you can't be eveywhere? :) I know there have been PCs who have been making an extra effort for the Miai, like Shinjo Hanashi's storytelling the first days, Moshi Asakiko's fortune-telling, Bayushi Hotaru's work with the shrine, Asako Hirase's library, Tomoe's own work with teaching history to the Unicorn, and probably others I have missed too!

I have a (short) list. :)
Mindshred

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri May 05, 2017 1:53 am

Usagi Tomoe wrote:Would you prefer it if we direct you with links to such roleplay efforts, since we know you can't be eveywhere? :) I know there have been PCs who have been making an extra effort for the Miai, like Shinjo Hanashi's storytelling the first days, Moshi Asakiko's fortune-telling, Bayushi Hotaru's work with the shrine, Asako Hirase's library, Tomoe's own work with teaching history to the Unicorn, and probably others I have missed too!

And my heraldry piece? :P

Will we know about these CP gains/losses before D10 finishes?
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character Chat