A Simple Meeting (D8 LM) [Mizuki's Room]

Re: A Simple Meeting (D8 LM) [Mizuki's Room]

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:26 pm

Mizuki was also curious about what the Unicorn would share. Though she was just happy that Yuichi wasn't trying to jade strike her. Of course, the meeting wasn't over yet.
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:07 pm

"A vision... about a dark rider?"

There's nothing odd in looking surprised by this claim, though Saksaha hopes it's not too obvious that the greater surprise is how familiar the content of the vision sounds to her. Did everyone and her sister dream about the same thing that night? If it was the same, that is. And wait... was Bayushi-san there? Yuzuki and Asakiko's premonitions, like Saksaha's, had seemed to bring them to the right place at the right time--and unlike Saksaha they hadn't even known in advance where the meeting it would be. Of course it is possible Hotaru dreamed such a dream and then sensibly stayed home, but... And if she was there, why not show herself like the others...

Saksaha puts the brakes on these mental calculations for the moment and says gravely, "Of course this is alarming, Bayushi-san. I am one who takes such visions seriously. Can you tell me something more about it?"
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:31 pm

'' ... ''

Saksaha's 'surprised' reaction does not convince Yuichi. Not at all.

[OOC - Rolls]

Investigation/Perception - 14
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
|Glory/Infamy: 1.0/0.0| Honor: Honorless Dog| Status: 1.0| Courtship Points: -2
Mon: Scorpion, Yogo
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:18 am

Gah, beating around the bush then. Hotaru did her best to maintain a nonchalant smile and gave a small shrug. "Oh, well...I have little idea of what the dark rider's real allegiance was but it did involve bearing a mon specifically for him or his order. I've never seen such a mon before. However, I could get the sensation that it was something foul, perhaps even as far as tying him to..." Her gaze turned secretive as she leaned in to mouth 'shadowlands'.

"It seems that such a rider is potentially a dark emissary of sorts and potentially allure the Unicorn to something not good! It's all very grave and dark business. It's not often that I have such vivid visions but they are...prophetic, in a sense. They are in my realm as a very talented diviner. I can't write this one off as just a hunch, as is seems dire. That is why I've gathered you and the Yogo of my delegation. Hopefully, to determine this vision has validity or not. It would be horrible if I just assumed the worst!"
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:08 pm

Well, that seems like enough detail to establish that Hotaru hadn't just eaten one too many of those weird sea oysters and then had a dream about some guy with a great tan and a dark-colored horse--Moto Butaj, maybe? No, no, this was the real thing, the same vision. Saksaha considers her next words carefully.

"Then I know what vision you speak of. I also am a diviner, in the way of my people, and I also have such visions sometimes. That night, there were three of us in camp who received the same message from the heavens, besides you. Two women of the Minor Clans, and me. All of us were called by this vision or these words to a a certain place." She looks at Hotaru expectantly.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:29 pm

"So, that would make four women in total then?" She said with a lift of her brow. "It doesn't sound like a coincidence to me. I hadn't known that you were a diviner too! We really could have traded more notes with each in our last conversation together." Like, what's with the animal bones fascination?

"I might have seen the participants of that meeting..." She said carefully, omitting the part that it wasn't from the vision. "What was shared in that conversation is concerning. But again, I don't want to assume the worst before verifying with you first. Talks of needing aid, waxing poetic with Shinjo-Kami's generosity. I never imagined that you'd agree and didn't! Is this true? And where do you wish to go from here, if I may inquire?"

She looked at both Yogo in the room before looking to Saksaha. "If the threat is real, there are parties of interest."

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:41 pm

"I?" Saksaha says, a bit stiffly. "If you saw what has happened," whether you were there or not! "maybe you know that a deadly insult has been offered to my Clan by one who has no rightful claim to our generosity. Our leaders will know about this, and take the necessary precautions. That is where we will go from here."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:55 pm

"Oh!" Hotaru exclaimed at the seriousness of Saksaha's reply. It seemed that they have decided on a decisive response already. Maybe the Scorpions were late to the game. "That seems rather wise of you, for the sake of your Clan. I do applaud your wisdom on the matter, Iuchi-san."

She glanced to the Yogo, wondering if they wanted to interject with their own wisdom here.

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:25 pm

"We, of course, do not question the honor of the Unicorn. But we would like to offer our help. Our Clan, the Yogo Family specifically, guard against such threats. We want offer the Unicorn any help we can."

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:40 pm

Saksaha nods at this, but also glances at the taciturn Yuichi. He's the shugenja of the Yogo pair, after all.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:26 pm

'' Touch the Jade... '' Yuichi's tone was not gentle. He was barely restraining himself here. He pointed to the small jade finger on the middle of the table

'' Now '' He says to Saksaha. This was a demand, not an offer.

[OOC]

Sorry guys, has been a rough Sunday (massive hangover) :(
*Scorpion *Shugenja *Soul of Gold *Discoloured Eye *Oni Mask * Spirits, Spirits Everywhere
Carries: Wakizashi, Robes, Scroll Satchel, Paper Wards (15), Fan, Kawaru coins, Pearl, Incense, Jade fingers (1), Magical Wards (5)
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:36 pm

One note only, I see... I am a little sorry for his future wife. Saksaha shrugs and grabs the jade off the table, wrapping her small hand around it firmly.

Nothing happens. Then some more nothing. Then a little more nothing. The stone actually feels kind of soothing to hold, all nice and cool and smooth.

She opens her hand and lets the jade piece clink back down onto the tabletop, displaying her unmarked palm.

"Satisfied?"

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:03 pm

'' Perhaps... '' Yuichi nods. He put away the jade. '' Let me tell you something. Jade is not an infallible way to determine if one is tainted or not. There are many ways how the taint can be supressed. So, this little test has only determined that you, at this very moment, are taint free, or just supressing your corruption. ''

'' Let's assume that you are indeed still a ningen, alright? '' He wickedly smirked

'' So let us stop this farce and start talk with the truth around here. We -know- that you and others already had met with this 'creature', the Onyx champion. Ide Samai, Moto Khulun, a Shinjo, a Moshi, a Mantis and of course You. That's...'' Yuichi was was about to explode. '' ... that's considered blasphemy beyond anything you could do. Meetings with the servant of the Ninth is a capital crime, punishable by death. ''

'' So tell me, why I must restrain myself here and not just kill you? Pack your heads in a box and send them to the Kuni witchhunters or Asako inquisitors for inspection, hmm? Please, enlighten me Iuchi-san... '' He was openly hostile. His hands went slowly towards his scroll satchel. His discoloured eye is fixed upon the Iuchi. He waits for her answer.

[OOC - Rolls]

1) Lore: Shadowlands, Lore: Maho - 21|30
2) Contested Intimidation/Awareness - 20
I should lose honor here!
Last edited by Yogo Yuichi on Mon May 01, 2017 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:22 pm

"YUICHI!!! What the fuck is wrong with you?!?!" Are you an idiot?!?!?! "Leave."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Yogo Yuichi on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:31 pm

'' No...'' He defiantly replied to Mizuki. '' You are not my direct lord, Mizuki. I don't have to follow your orders. And it's my duty to the Clan and to the Empire to destroy any infiltration of the Ninth's servants.'' He says. His eyes still fixed upon Saksaha.

'' So what's your answer, Iuchi-san? Should I kill you as a blasphemous creature or will you spit the truth. Decide...''
description
New Theme!!
Yogo Yuichi

PreviousNext

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms