Awkward Conversations (Day 8, LM, Misa's Room)

Re: Awkward Conversations (Day 8, LM, Misa's Room)

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:32 pm

Misa tilted her head a bit. "Such as who Asako-san? And before you answer, it would not be myself. Is there another?"
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Advisor • Blind • Ascetic • Enlightened
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 4.0 | Courtship Points: 7
Carries: Traveling Pack, Daisho (where applicable), walking stick

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Asako Yuki on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:37 pm

Yuki paused for a moment in confusion. "Ano... You aren't?" For a moment hope sprang up in Yuki's heart. She managed to keep the smile off of her face. "Well, even if Tonbo-sama or another above me in points does not have an interest in Butaj-san that does not mean another could not choose him."
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:03 pm

"I fully realize that. And you must be prepared for that eventuality as well, of course. I merely asked if there were any Asako-san knew of." Misa took a longer sip of her tea, her smile returning as she lowered her cup back down, voice mirroring its peaceful warmth.

"If there are none other you know of, I would do what I could to assist you in your endeavor. Realize it is not out of any spite of Butaj-san, nor a sense of reluctance to express my own feelings. I am not certain if my feelings for him are what Lady Benten would call love or not, but feelings I have indeed." There was a momentary pause, her tone turning a touch wistful. "Perhaps it is my greater understanding of the wheel that moves us all with it that has me looking at the situation more abstractly. Perhaps it is a sense that my family can not always endure if we do not make some compromises. My great grandfather died by the blade because of love, and my father burned for that same love. I cannot say which it may be. What I can say is that there are many here that have good hearts, many that I feel would make fine husbands... or wives."

The wistfulness left, and her warmer smile returned. "That is in part why I asked you here. Butaj-san would not open his heart to one cold or cruel, but it gives me some comfort to know with my own two ears the nature of one he has."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Asako Yuki on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:13 pm

"Ano, I haven't really gotten myself involved with that. There was one time, but..." She shook her head and took another sip of tea.

Yuki smiled. "Your offer is most kind, Tonbo-sama, but I'm not really sure what assistance that could be of use. At this point, I need to gain more points." She looked over to Rei, who was play bowing with Tenshi before striking out and then bounding away once more. "And there is nothing one can do to interfere with that, really."

Asako Yuki

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:40 pm

Misa shook her head a little. "That would only be true if there was another that were to take Butaj-san before you could, and you present no word that anyone seems ready to, hai?"

She giggled into a sleeve after a moment, her smile brighter as she withdrew it. "Just like with him... I think you are worrying too much. Still, let us assume then that such a thing were to come to pass, that despite your best efforts, Moto Butaj is chosen by another before you. What then Asako-san?"

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Asako Yuki on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:40 am

Yuki frowned. "I've not talked to every woman here, and there are 5 women that go before me. That is far from a sure thing."

She sighed a little and drank more tea. "Maybe... I hope it's just worry." She paused for a moment at the question, but not nearly long enough to indicate she hadn't already planned for such a possibility. "Then I will be heart-broken, and I will do my duty and pick a husband."

Asako Yuki

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:56 am

Misa gave a small nod. "Just like Butaj-san, as I said..." She smiled again faintly after a moment however. "Which confirms to me all the more than you would do him well. I confess, I don't know the women you speak of that hold greater favor, but I DO know Butaj-san is usually quite open and honest about those who speak to him and show him interest. Perhaps it would help ease your mind if I spoke with them before the end to make certain? I have enough of a position that few decline to speak to me when given the opportunity."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Asako Yuki on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:55 am

Yuki remembered her previous such meeting to attempt to dissuade someone from pursuing Butaj and paled a bit. "Thank you for the kind offer, Tonbo-sama. I'm not certain how much good that will ultimately do, though." She frowned a bit.

Asako Yuki

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Misa shook her head a bit, motioning for Sanmi to refill both their cups. "I did not say I would try to dissuade others that show interest. Whatever their feelings may be, I would respect them. Your fear, however, is not based on knowledge of another stealing Butaj-san, but of not knowing. I could do my best to find out, and let you know in turn. Other than being told a lie, it would help put some concerns to rest, or at least make them known, yes?"

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Asako Yuki on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:18 pm

Yuki paused for a long moment, considering the offer at face value before finally smiling. "Hai, that would put my mind at ease, Tonbo-sama. You are very generous."

Asako Yuki

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:45 pm

Misa's own smile gently returned. "Perhaps. Or, perhaps I am unambitious. It all depends on one's point of view. In the end, all I wish is the most amount of people happy as I can. If I can bring yourself and Butaj-san peace of mind, then I would. In turn, I would gain the same. Think of it as a decision for all our sakes."

She paused, lifting her tea cup but not drinking. "In turn... I want you to think of a way to move on with happiness and peace if I should find out things might go against your wishes. I know what love can be, I have seen its effects rule my family since its founding. I know it can't just be given up or forgotten... just as I will not forget. I still emphasize that it is highly unlikely, but... as I said, I wish the most amount of people content as I can. Enlightenment... the closer I seem to get, the more I realize the inevitability of sorrow, I suppose."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Asako Yuki on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:21 pm

Yuki paused at the last declaration, her hands quietly wrapped around her cup. "Hai. As I said, I have prepared myself as best I can for the possibility. Just in case." She smiled a little forlornly and took a sip of the tea.

She paused then. "I did not ask, Tonbo-sama. If Butaj is not who you intend to choose, who is your intended?"

Asako Yuki

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:25 pm

Misa shook her head softly. "I have no intended. Perhaps, for a while, he was. It was for his sake however, not my own. I would have been... happy... to have him by my side, because I believe he would have seen the troubles my family face and dealt with them with courage. All the same, I believe there are many men here that would. Many have shown me kind hearts, honorable spirits, compassion and understanding. Wherever my mind goes, whomever I choose... I will trust that the heavens will guide my understanding toward someone that will benefit my family."

Her words seemed to have a sense of wistful inevitability to them, but she smiled all the same, clearly untroubled.

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Asako Yuki on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:18 pm

Yuki frowned at that. "Tonbo-sama will be sure to find someone. The Unicorn are, I have found, a very strong and caring group as a whole. I'm certain there is one here who will be able to help her." She took a sip from her tea.

Asako Yuki

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:20 pm

"I have seen the same, and I have no doubts at all that the heavens will guide me." She took a sip from her own cup, her smile slightly expanding. "After all, what worries should I have when I know that Butaj-kun will be so well looked after?"

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

PreviousNext

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms