[Day 8:EA:Open]Let's Duel ...Magically

Re: [Day 8:EA:Open]Let's Duel ...Magically

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:43 pm

Asakiko gave a bow and went to her opponent. "I didn't hirt you too badly did I?" She asked with some concern.
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:40 pm

"Amazing," Saksaha agrees, eyes shining. Yolo-the-pup, fluffhead that he is, seems less impressed and is instead trying to dig himself an escape-burrow under her armpit with soft, ineffectual paws. She sighs and puts him down.

"I know a little first aid, Kakita-san, if you would like something for the bruise," she offers, though Nanami does seem mostly unhurt despite the drama of the display.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Kakita Nanami on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:24 pm

"As I told Iuchi-san, I feel fine - merely need to catch my breath. The wounds do not feel as bad as they look."

Nanami gave a polite bow to the women, though, "But if everyone insists, very well. I merely do not wish to be a bother for something that does not threaten my life."
Crane Clan • Agasha Trained • Shugenja • Small • Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 2
Carried: Wakizashi, Tanto, Straw Hat, Cricket in a Cage
Kakita Nanami

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:37 pm

"One thing our people have learned is never to let weakness linger when it need not," Saksaha says seriously.

Then she rummages in her kit and totally fails to find her bruise ointment. She must have left it back in the yurt. How embarrassing!

((D8 EA--Medicine on Nanami, so please don't embarass me, Oro-kun. TN 15: 4d10o10k3 13))
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:19 pm

"I am glad that is just a scratch. "I thank you, for coming and helping me out with this." She looked at both Iuchi and smiled. "I hope this demonstration was bit enlightening about Taryu jiai."
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Moshi Asakiko

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Mon May 01, 2017 6:13 am

He stands near the competitors. "Even if one fails in the moment of enlightenment, the beauty of it could not be missed by any eyes. It is a spectacle I will not forgot. Do you have training in this form of duelling?"
Imperial • Hazy Pupils • Shugenja • Knowledgeable • Conservative • Wealthy
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Expetional | Courtship Points: 9
Carries:Robes, Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan, Sweets • Profile
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Seppun Hideo on Mon May 01, 2017 6:16 am

Doji Fukawa wrote:
Seppun Hideo wrote:"This will certainly be an interesting show" Hideo commented quietly as he watched the announcements "if you have not seen a magic duel before Doji-san, I would suggest watching closely."

The danger to puppy past, Fukawa releases him to run around and bark a bit.

"I had not seen such before, Seppun-sama." she admits. "But you were right, it was very impressive to watch."

"And very dangerous" Hideo nodded "unlike Iaijutsu, the kami are not easy to direct to be gentle. This is why duels of this kind are very rare. I haven't witnessed a real taryu jiai duel, and this is only my second witnessing of a...sparring version. Kakita-san and Moshi-san were certainly brave, volunteering for a demonstration that could, if the elements were feeling unkind, have left them both dead regardless of whoever cast first."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Mon May 01, 2017 6:22 am

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:"Amazing," Saksaha agrees, eyes shining. Yolo-the-pup, fluffhead that he is, seems less impressed and is instead trying to dig himself an escape-burrow under her armpit with soft, ineffectual paws. She sighs and puts him down.

"I know a little first aid, Kakita-san, if you would like something for the bruise," she offers, though Nanami does seem mostly unhurt despite the drama of the display.

"That was awesome, wasn't that. Such a shame we cannot do that, neh." Dong-Ha was giddy with excitement. "Thank you for the demonstration Kakita-san, Moshi-san, this was more enlightening experience."

"Pray tell me, are duels like this common?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon May 01, 2017 6:29 am

Cradling the four pups, she chewed her lip as the other samurai discussed the dangers. Frowning, she scritched one of the pups behind an ear as it stretched and yawned a little.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Mon May 01, 2017 6:34 am

"Anoo... I am not trained in Taryu jiai I might con..." And then she realized she is supposed to be taking care of a pup. "Where is Akira chan?" A pup scurried between Amaya's hands.

Moshi Asakiko

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon May 01, 2017 6:46 am

She releases the pup with a saddened expression. But, she does still have three pups under her care. Maybe I could try out some training on all three? Would anyone really mind?
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Mon May 01, 2017 8:10 am

"Uh, thank you Ide-san." Dong-Ha nodded to Amaya, reaching to take Doggo from her. "Thank you for looking after him... I am afraid I got distracted."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Ide Amaya on Mon May 01, 2017 8:13 am

She manages to hand Doggo back without disrupting the remaining two. "You're most welcome, cousin."

Ide Amaya

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Mon May 01, 2017 9:20 am

"You saw that, right?" he asked her. "Our legends only mention such things."

"Oh, and how have you been doing?" Dong-Ha's manners caught up with him finally.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Mon May 01, 2017 9:23 am

Moshi Asakiko wrote:"Anoo... I am not trained in Taryu jiai I might con..." And then she realized she is supposed to be taking care of a pup. "Where is Akira chan?" A pup scurried between Amaya's hands.

Still speaking to her whilst she takes the puppy. "Well Moshi-san, perhaps we can discuss your talent for such a thing over tea? And maybe, if time permits, your divination talent as well?"
Imperial • Hazy Pupils • Shugenja • Knowledgeable • Conservative • Wealthy
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Expetional | Courtship Points: 9
Carries:Robes, Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan, Sweets • Profile
Seppun Aramoro

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields