One Jump Ahead (Day 8, Early Afternoon)

One Jump Ahead (Day 8, Early Afternoon)

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:36 pm

(Open, but Expecting :) )

Chibi-Usa was awed by all the activity and people here! But she had no fear, even if it was a little scary, because Pretty Lady With Pretty Eyes was near, and had given her the Ancestral Bandana of the Shiba Inu, so she knew she'd be alright.

"Stay still," Tomoe commanded gently to the puppy, teaching her some discipline in not getting caught up too much in all that was going on around her. "That's a good girl."

The Hare affectionately patted the puppy's head, who happily wagged her tail in response.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Re: One Jump Ahead (Day 8, Early Afternoon)

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:21 am

Fei walked through the town with her puppy, trailing behind as he ran about excitedly from person to person. Looking to explore the very world he set foot in! While Fei was still a way down the street, her puppy made his way with gusto over toward the Hare and the pup she was trying to keep calm. Quickly glancing at the dog and his temporary owner.
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:12 pm

Chibi-Usa attentively yipped at the newcomer, her tailing wagging so much that the entire puppy was practically swaying side to side. But she stayed in place like she had been told.

"Hello there, little one," the Hare knelt down and held her hand out to the stranger. "It's alright... where's your master, hm?"
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:36 pm

Sidi Pups barked excitedly when Tomoe gave him some attention, jumping forward against her hand. Bashing it with his tiny, soft, unable to harm anything head. Not understanding human language quite so well, or not understanding humans didn't understand dog, he just gave three light barks in response while his tail continued to wag.

Fei caught up, looking to the scene with an amused smile but quickly saw to proper things like greeting a fellow Samurai and all that, offering a bow, "Usagi-san. I see my puppy here has managed to find you."
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:40 pm

Tomoe patted the energetic puppy on the head with a quiet laugh, earning her a yip from Chibi-Usa who protested at this lack of attention given to her.

"Shinjo-san," the Hare rose again to offer a proper bow. "It seemed like it wanted to say hello, so I had to oblige. Does the little puppy have a name?"
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:48 pm

"It does, not one you are going to understand," she said almost a little apologetically. "Sidi Pups, I suppose it would translate roughly to puppy-sama, or something of that nature. He has proven to be quite the energetic little one, does not shy away from people at all. I think that is a good thing."

Meanwhile, seeing the two humans start to interact Sidi Pups meandered over to the other dog and began his investigation!
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:53 pm

Tomoe chuckled. "Indeed... that is an unfamiliar name to me, but knowing it's meaning, it seems fitting for such a small charmer. I've not yet met a puppy that does not love to meet people, so it shows it has a healthy curiosity for the world around him."

Chibi-Usa stretched forward as she niffed Sidi Pups' scent... then made a little hop to show she wanted to play.

"And this is Chibi-Usa," Tomoe introduced her puppy. "Because as you see, she sometimes hops like a little rabbit."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:12 pm

Sidi Pups jumped at his new puppy companion, barreling into with glee. Before moving about excitedly to see if the request to play was returned. As it would seem, not that Fei understood it at all, Sisi Pups was about as good at communicating with fellow dogs as anyone else.

"A proper name," she agreed with a light laugh. "How have you been training her? I was looking for a Moto to offer me some treats they use for these dogs to try and see if tossing him treats might help with," she shrugged, "something."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:19 pm

"Treats as a reward are a clever way to go about it... I admit I've done the same myself." Not that she had gotten proper doggie-treats, as Chibi-Usa instead had gotten bits and pieces of the Unicorn-styled breakfast and lunch. "Positive reinforcement usually works much better with animals, I find. Especially when they are so young as this."

The female puppy was more than eager to play, and rolled over on her back as she batted her paws after Sidi Pups. Play play play!

"Chibi-Usa seems to be eager to learn, as long as she gets proper cuddles and rewards for her efforts. Or she just likes me, maybe. Just a shame I will probably have to say goodbye to her at the end of the day... she's such a sweetie and good company." Yep, the Bunny liked animals.
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:03 pm

"I would not expect the Moto to give away all their dogs for just coming to a Miai," she commented, sharing in the reality she likely wouldn't be able to keep her own either. It was a shame, he was a fun little bundle of energy.

Sidi Pups jumped up at his new companion, batting at her paws, playing! Excitement!

"Positive reinforcement becoming the training itself," she said with a light grin. "I was just gonna toss treats into the air and get him to catch them. See how well he can get to thinking fast, or.. moving fast, or.. something. Temper that inner fire he has."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:18 pm

"Ah yes, that could certainly work. They are also very agile at this young age, and eager to try new things," she had to shoot a glance down at the two playing puppies.

Chibi-Usa made small playful yips as she rolled around with her new playmate. Such a fierce and honorable duel!

"I've found it easier to start with discipline, as it tends to make it easier for animals to learn new things afterwards... not that she is the most disciplined pup, but there's only so much time we have to do this."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:05 pm

"Hmm," she agreed sub-vocally. Looking down to the two puppies as they fought and played. "You are rather well trained in this then, Usagi-san? Have you trained many dogs before?"

Sidi Pups was intent on winning, he didn't seem to know how to win and there was likely no way to win in their little game but he was gonna try anyway!
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:13 pm

"Trained dogs? Not as such, no, but I have some experience with animals, and they seem to like me... and my family took in a fox cub that had been abandoned when I was young and raised it until it was strong enough to return to the wild," she admitted with a clever smile.

Chibi-Usa didn't quite know how to win either. No one had taught her this yet! Rolling back up on her feet, she hopped at her opponent.

"But you probably have some experience with your horses, no?"
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:52 pm

"Experience working with a grown horse and riding one, yes," she answered. "However, training a horse is far from my capabilities. It could be similar," she shrugged. "Though I do not know. There is something inherently different with horses that I just.. understand easier."

"This one," she waves a hand to reference Sidi Pups who was currently jumping at Chibi-Usa as she jumped at him. Bumping into each other. "I can only seem to tell he has a boundless source of energy somewhere."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Mon May 01, 2017 4:09 pm

The Hare giggled innocently. "Like children, they are full of energy when they're awake, until they're suddenly asleep. Imagine a small child that is beginning to explore the world, but instead of crawling or wadling around, they can run around on four fast legs."

Chibi-Usa yipped happily as she was bumped into, even if she was knocked over. Again again!
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Next

Return to The Streets of Dark Edge Village