[D8 LE, Tomoe's] Hare-mon, I chose you!

Re: [D8 LE, Tomoe's] Hare-mon, I chose you!

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:29 pm

His words reminded her how much help the Unicorn would need to settle properly in their new lands... learn how to build and maintain proper homes, learn to plant and grow food... so many rudimentary things that didn't even touch upon the intricacies of decorum and etiquette. She felt for sure that if she could marry into the Iuchi, she could certainly find her place as a teacher and advisor on many of these things.

"People eat what they have sometimes, I think. Food stores run low in times of hunger, or during long winters, so they make do with what they got ... though some people greatly enjoy nattō, but it's not exactly something I'd choose to eat if I have other options."

She made another sigh. "I've so missed warm baths in my stay here. Sure, buckets of water and cloth gets the job done, but it's just not the same as a proper bath... just to lie back and soak in it until the skin on your fingers turn all wrinkly." Tomoe giggled softly as he kissed her nose. "Aww... you really have a romantic streak in you, it seems. Now you're making me feel bad for not having said the same."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:37 pm

"Ugh... it doesn't sound too appetizing, I admit. But yeah, winters can be harsh. For us too. There are no baby goat or foals... so there's no milk. It's hard to hunt in snow too. So we eat dried meat and fruits. Not exactly delicious, but keeps you going." That would of course change. Grain, picked vegetable and dried fish would add to the diet of the Unicorn.

"Mhmhm... all the things you could do in a warm bath."

"Sorry..." he muttered, looking downwards for a moment only to quickly lift his back into her eyes. Dong-Ha was rather sure he wasn't supposed to look there. "I also like to ride. To feel the wind in my hair. To be free to go anywhere I please. To ride to the next hill... and the next." the young man added with a faint grin on his lips.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:44 pm

Oh, she had certainly thought about things to do in the bath with someone like him, but she could mention that some other time, to avoid giving him further temptation right now.

"Having experienced that briefly with you, I can understand why you enjoy it. It's... liberating, in a way, to move forward so swiftly without having to run yourself, seeing the world pass by and feel the wind on your face. It was really quite an experience," Tomoe spoke with a very fond voice as she recalled the very recent memory of their first 'date'. "I hope to do it more in the future, and maybe some time on my own too."
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:56 pm

"Well. No regrets neh. It's bit different in night time too. There's no wind after the sun has come down, usually. Though, you cannot ride fast unless the sky's clear. But when it is... it feels like you were flying among the stars." Well, the stench of the horse would have likely make the situation less pleasant, but having lives his life around the beasts, Dong-Ha could not smell them anymore.

"It's... I would probably have hard time living in a house." the young man admitted, shuffling a little bit closer to the Hare if only to seek comfort from the proximity. "I would feel so... bound. Oh... and I love to sleep under the sky when I can. To watch the heavens and the river of stars."

"So I hope that I could have you take the purple and become one of us. You could teach us so much Kogitsune-chan. So, so much."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:14 pm

"It sounds... amazing," she closed her eyes for a moment as she tried to picture what it would be like at night, with a clear sky so all the stars could be seen. Not that the smell of horse factored into her imagination, because romantic fantasies trumped reality in imaginations.

"Hm?" Tomoe gently caressed his cheek. "... Bad experiences with being inside houses? It's... different than these tents, I admit, but only in that they are larger and their walls are made of wood and paper, or stone in some cases. But sleeping outdoors... I've done that a few times," she smiled, "I think I prefer places away from bugs and such, but it can certainly be nice to spend the night under the stars. Compared to some of the courtly ladies here, I'm not unused to being outdoors, getting dirty, and make do in the wilderness. Even after we joined the Hare, father was insistent that I learned the way of the Fox - and all Kitsune, from they are very young, learn to survive and get along in the wilderness."

She leaned closer to him and nuzzled his nose, before pecking a small kiss on his lips. "I admit, when I came here, I didn't want to think about leaving my clan, but... the more time I spend here, I see how much I can teach and help your clan. I think I could be happy with such a role among you. Moto Khulun-san already calls me Rabbit-sensei," she had to giggle a little at that.
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:25 pm

"Not really no. Never spent that many nights in one. Never really wanted." he shrugged, leaning softly against her hand. "The walls feel so limiting." Dong-Ha added sheepishly. "I prefer to smell the air outside. To be able to feel the ground beneath me." he sought for an explanation that would have made sense.

"That.. that is good to hear. I am afraid that that blasted Seppun would drag me to a city and... I guess, keep me there, because I have powers they'd want to understand." his tone was full of distaste. "I'd rather move to your home than go there. But of course, it would be best if I could have you here." The innuendo was lost on him, and thus it did not count as such.

"See, I thought you'd fit right in." Dong-Ha nodded slowly. "And I'm sure you'd look fetching in breeches."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:36 pm

"I guess that makes sense, and it is what you are used to too," she nodded, even if she still preferred some shelter, and not sleeping on the ground.

"... I won't let her, and I will tell her as much if I have to," Tomoe said a bit forcefully. Damn Imperial bullies, thinking they can do whatever they want without caring about people! "Duty is one thing, but doing this against your will, it goes against everything we are taught about what marriage should be about. Harmony between wife and husband, understanding and respect. I mean... it doesn't have to be love, but a marriage cannot serve the clan or one's lord if it is rotten. The disharmony will only affect a samurai in their duties. If I were in your situation and anyone wanted to do that to me, I would quite harshly tell them that they could forget to learn anything about these powers." She huffed, clearly annoyed at the thought. "If they so want to learn, they should approach from a point of respect, not one of ownership."

She blinked a little at his comment. "Err... breeches?"
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:56 pm

Her rant was rewarded with a chaste kiss. "Yes. There should be some consideration but into unions. You cannot just grab two samurai and toss them under same roof and tell them to have babies." he muttered bitterly, wondering how he could bring himself to ever touch the Seppun. "Mhmhm... I told her that I wouldn't be the best teacher if I felt myself coerced but she didn't seem to care. I feel like she's used to getting what she wants." That probably applied to most Imperials. "As Matsu-san told me, the Imperials do what they want, when they and how they want. Because they serve the Emperor." His thoughts about the legitimacy of such a system had suffered several heavy blows during the recent days.

"Uh.. pants. Um... a garment. Bit like a long sleeved gi, but for legs." Dong-Ha moved his hand to lift the hem of his skirt until she could see the sleeves of his leather breeches above his knees. "These."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:06 pm

"Imperials are..." Tomoe sighed, "it's a somewhat complicated situation, but, to put it simply, the recent years, they have gained quite the stranglehold on much of the politics and they are currently very emboldened with some of their newfound power and prestige. Not that I don't respect those who serve the Son of Heaven, but I question some of their methods in doing this... such as this Seppun who seems to think she can just take a Unicorn against his will and force him to teach the heritage of the Iuchi, these words of power Lady Shinjo entrusted to Iuchi-shiryo."

Her hand traced down from his cheek and down to his shoulder, giving it a comforting squeeze. "None of the other clans, Great or Minor, have given up their secrets to the Imperials. So don't let them get any idiotic ideas there."

She followed his motions as he revealed the garment. "Oh..." looks a little practical, I guess? "... Only if I get to see you in a proper traditional attire; kimono, hakama... the whole get-up," the Hare giggled.
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:24 pm

"Seems like that, at least." Dong-Ha huffed. "I mean, I understand that they serve the Emperor and that there has to be certain respect towards his figure, but why would his underlings abuse that? For personal power? I find that... revolting. Samurai should be compassionate and sincere, not callous and scheming."

"Well, they can lock me into a room and wait that i speak..." that particular idea terrified him. "I hope they wouldn't go that far, but she came of rather... ruthless."

He let the hem drop, leaving his legs exposed. "Uuh... for our marriage, maybe?" He really didn't fancy the many layered clothing the Rokugani seemed to favor. "It's really nice when you are riding. You don't have to worry about people seeing things they... should not." Dong-Ha stammered. "And it means that the saddle doesn't chafe quite that badly."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:30 pm

Tomoe resolved to herself that she would have to confront this Imperial. Was this woman really so callous as to try to force someone to marry them only to pry their secrets? Despicable... this was downright shameful and casting a bad light on the nobility of the Imperial families.

Deciding that the topic would only cause their tempers to flare further, she decided to focus on the subject of garments instead. "For the wedding? I'd like to see that... but I'm not familiar with what sort of clothes your clan would wear for such an occassion. Woolen robes like you and Sakusaha-san wear, or is the special event something that makes you choose to wear silk?"
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:41 pm

"Uh.. bit fancier wool robes, maybe some linen. Less leather?" he suggested. "But I trust that we will be adopting some of your customs, if only to fit in." Dong-Ha recalled having explained that the Unicorn weddings were rather simple, if rambunctious occasions. "Incense to drive away the evil spirits... jewelry to show your spouse's family you can provide for him or her."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:11 pm

"Jewelry... I've noticed that the kind the Unicorn wear is a little different than what is the norm here. Rokugani jewelry tends to be on the side of simplicity most of the time, but some kanzashi can be rather ornate, and inro and netsuke can also be rather beautiful." She recalled she hadn't told him what traditional Rokugani weddings were like.

"Most of the traditions around weddings here can mostly be attributed to the Phoenix, at least the rituals. The celebrations on the other hand tend to vary from clan to clan. For the ceremony, the bride wears white over red... the white symbolizes that she is leaving behind her old life, and as she removes the layer of white to the red layer underneath, it represents her rebirth into her new life. Wedding ceremonies are usually held at a shrine, with a shugenja presiding over it... ah, I'm rambling on," Tomoe chuckled. "... I could go on, if you want to hear it?" she asked with a faint blush of color in her cheeks.
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:18 pm

"I have a silver armband somewhere in my room. My mom gave it to me when I passed into adulthood." The thing was worth more than he wanted to casually lose and so he kept it hidden among his things. "Well, that would be because we don't usually make our trinkets ourselves. Most are traded or... taken from those who would steal from us." Sometimes, the bandits had gold but no food. "People like different things and get what they like."

"That would be nice. I... love your voice." he admitted, shyly averting his gaze only to swiftly bring it up again. Why those have to be there. Reasons were purely anatomical, of course. "I wonder how you would look in red.."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:35 pm

"Hm," she nodded thoughtfully when he mentioned that they didn't usually make trinkets themselves, as it reminded her of another question she had had, but she decided it could wait until after she was done on the subject of traditional Rokugani wedding ceremonies.

"Well," she still blushed as she continued, perhaps because she had noticed his glance, or that he said he liked to listen to her voice. "Uhm... so, the couple approach the shugenja together, who recites prayers of purification to chase away evil spirits. The couple then exchange their vows, promising to care and provide for one another, and they perform the san-san-kudo; a ritualized drinking of sake by the couple that binds them together. The sake is served in three ceremonial cups, and both the bride and groom sip from each cup three times, hence the name. Some believe the three cups it represents heaven, earth, and mankind, others believe it represents the love, wisdom, and happiness which grow over time in a marriage."

"After the san-san-kudo, they burn seven twigs of sakaki, a sacred tree that symbolizes eternal love, and the seven twigs represent the Seven Fortunes, as well as the Seven Virtues. It's after these rituals are completed that the bride have attendants that remove the outer layer of white."

She nibbled a little on her lip. "... I have clothes with some red in them, as white and red are the colors of the Hare."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts