Ide-al company (D8LE CLOSED - Amayas)

Re: Ide-al company (D8LE CLOSED - Amayas)

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:02 am

"And, sadly, she would be correct. However, she missed one piece of information, and that's her schooling" Hideo shook his head, sighing "by law, all disputes are settled with a duel, and anyone who wields a katana is expected to be able to stand for themselves in this. Some dedicated their lives to this art, ensuring that they will always be the most skilled in the art of iaijutsu. In essence, they dedicated themselves to ensuring that regardless of the argument, they can always be right by the laws of the Empire. I have respect for Otaku-sama, but I imagine none of your kin have had any schooling in this art."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:08 am

Brow furrowed, she considers the implications and says, carefully, "does that not defy the will of the Fortunes? If the Fortunes have been implored to favour the blade wielded of truth, of righteousness, then..." she tries work her way around this concept. "Surely one cannot train to..." but she can't quite get words around her thoughts.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:14 am

"You are correct in your thoughts, my love. The Crane are skilled in ensuring they can defy the will of the heavens by dedicated an entire family, the Kakita, to the art of the duel. You will often see most Crane will avoid having a katana, unless they serve in a war zone. This allows them to be able to call upon these prestigious Kakita duelists if their word is questioned.
Miya-san is trained by the Kakita"
Hideo nodded to the girl "the will of the heavens can guide a blade, but if one has spent their whole lives learning how to draw a blade fast and perform one perfect cut, and another has spent their lives in a world where Iaijutsu doesn't exist..." he doesn't finish the sentence.
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:22 am

"That isn't right!" she exclaims softly, shaking her head in dismay. She looks down at her hands, "Hideo-san, she..." there are two ideas that battle to be spoken first, so that she finds herself quite unable to say either.
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:25 am

"You are correct; it isn't right my love" Hideo nodded, then paused. Letting her get her thoughts out, giving her hands a squeeze to encourage her to speak.
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:34 am

Her jaw tightens, "she called the Unicorn mewling babes, but she is the one who played us for fools."

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:37 am

"I am an Imperial, so I will ask that you speak nothing of what I say to any other. I know you would not speak it,
our love is strong and my belief in you is beyond doubt, but I had to say it as it would be dangerous for an Imperial to speak like this of the system that governs our laws"
Hideo brought a hand up to stroke her cheek gently.
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:41 am

"You must speak to Dabo-sama first thing in the morning," there is an urgency in her voice that borders on desperation.

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:03 pm

"And say what my love? That Miya-sama has trained to duel her whole life? What will that accomplish?" Hideo asked tilting his head "There is little I can do my love, other than educate you and your kin that if you wish you be able to stand in this system, you will need warriors who learn the art of the duel. You do not wield a katana, do you?"
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:12 pm

She shakes her head sharply. "After the bout, she tried to whisper something to Otaku-himesama, but the princess' pride was sore and she would not listen. I asked that Miya-sama tell me instead. She bade me keep it secret, but that no longer seems right."

She repeats the words Mei had whispered to her, sotto voce, as if fearing eavesdroppers listening at door flaps and smoke vents.

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:17 pm

Hideo listened, and closed his eyes a moment to think. What could you possibly mean I wonder Mei...

"That is interesting. Have you met with her yet, learnt her secret?"
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:06 pm

"She declined to meet with me in Otaku-himesama's stead. But Khulun's encounter with the Onyx Champion has started to prove the worst-kept secret in the Empire. Could it not relate to that?"

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:15 pm

"It could be" Hideo nodded, it made sense "that she only wished to talk to Otaku-sama is curious.
I won't betray your trust though and try to find out myself."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:22 pm

"I cannot go to Dabo-sama, I cannot tell him what you have said to me. But surely this is not something we can remain silent on?"

Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:23 pm

"Say we go to Ide-sama, and inform him of all of this, and Miya-san contests it. What do you believe will happen?" Hideo asked
Seppun Hideo

PreviousNext

Return to Northwestern Yurts