(Day 7, EE) Blind Spot (Misa's Room, Closed)

Re: (Day 7, EE) Blind Spot (Misa's Room, Closed)

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:01 pm

"I know it is. Your heart and body both are like that Butaj-kun." She giggled quietly into a sleeve. "...Let me talk to her alone in the morning Butaj. Asako-san I mean. I know you have your own say in the matter, but I would know her better before I said anything else. Just know that all I care about is that you find that happiness I spoke of, a happiness that can be together or apart."
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Advisor • Blind • Ascetic • Enlightened
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 4.0 | Courtship Points: 7
Carries: Traveling Pack, Daisho (where applicable), walking stick

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:09 pm

"Butaj trusts Misa completely." He says without hesitation. "Maybe women have ways to sort it out that are beyond Butaj. But Butaj still feels bad he's put Misa in this situation. Misa may be petite but she has a heart as big and compassionate as maybe Lady Shinjo herself." He avers. "Butaj wants Misa to be happy too... Would Misa enjoy some music now? Or something else Butaj could do? Butaj could roast a lamb!"
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:14 pm

Misa gave a soft titter into a sleeve. "I think the lamb roasting should wait for another time. Mmm... and music is always nice, but perhaps Butaj-kun could do something else. Tell me about wrestling. I hear you have quite a skill at it, and I'm never around to hear."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:33 pm

He brightens with sudden exuberance. "Oooh, Misa would like to know about bariqu? Butaj is a good wrestler and so could help with that! What Misa would like to know?"
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:27 pm

She giggled into her hand. "Everything and anything. I know nothing at all about wrestling of any sort I fear."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:56 am

He nods. "Bariqu is an old Moto way to settle quarrels. The Ujik-hai were quarrelsome and so there would have been more blood of kin spilled if there was no bariqu. Techniques were created mostly by Rikishi. It is mostly about locks and throws rather than punches and kicks. Wrestler fight scantily clothed so there is not much clothing to grasp. Lady Shinjo saw this and she liked it so much that she asked the Unicorn to resolve their contentions in this bloodless manner. It is also great fun, great sport, very exciting to both watch and fight it! Butaj loves it." He chuckles.

Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:01 am

Misa smiled, a bit of a playful smirk to her lips. "I'm certain it must be great fun to watch indeed, with how you describe it. It's good to hear of a bloodless way to resolve differences as well, even if all the touching and straining would put me into a dizzy mess I fear. Perhaps tomorrow your family will have a contest of wrestling then?"

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:08 am

He looks at her and doesn't disagree. While his heart is increasingly committed to Yuki the idea of putting Misa into dizzy mess through physical attention doesn't lose its appeal and he swallows before he can speak again as corresponding memories flash back. "Butaj hopes so! He has already wrestled a few samurai in the pairing kurultai anyway, just to show his prowess and not to get rusty."

Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:01 pm

As if her enlightenment gave her some insight, Misa gave a soft smirk. "And I take it Butaj-kun would appreciate seeing this one participate in such? After all, the first 'match' we had you didn't see at all..."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:22 pm

"Oh? Oooh." He doesn't know if what she says is what he thinks she means but it still makes him shuffle in his place. "Butaj saw Misa well enough with his other senses, and all of them remember it keenly. What Butaj would like for Misa the most is that she pursues things that make her happy, give her the feeling that she's on the right track to something better. Can it be wrestling? Butaj doesn't know, but maybe it would be good for you? You certainly have some interest in it."

Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:03 pm

Misa gave a soft giggle at that. "Oh, I'm not certain I'm ready to wrestle for a living... so to speak. Still, what would make me most happy is to see Butaj-kun find someplace he can belong and be at peace. I know you said before your family isn't very fond of you, and I remember your words from our ride."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:19 pm

"If Misa chooses Butaj, that place will be your home." Butaj says after some thought. "After yesterday and today Butaj's heart races out to Yuki but Butaj doesn't know if he can trust himself on what's best for him. Butaj knows it is his flaw to be so uncertain on important matters. He will rely on Misa's enlightened judgement. What Misa should know is that if she finds love for Butaj in her, he will fervently love her back with full devotion." He sighs. "Butaj wants to go where he is really wanted. If Butaj ends with an indifferent wife, that will be a tragedy for him."

Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:25 pm

Misa just smiled reassuringly. "Butaj-kun, you really do worry far too much. I told you I will speak to Asako-san on the matter, and I don't think any that have proven themselves more aim to sweep you up without reason."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Butaj on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:39 pm

"Butaj should worry less. Oh yes he should." He tries to ingrain the lesson. "No fretting. What will be will be. Misa is wise, she knows what she is doing." But the lack of a different reaction, a touch or a kiss, makes him think that Misa doesn't really want to love Butaj, or can't for whatever reason. A similar question to which he asked Yuki lingers on the tip of his tongue but in the end remains unasked as he thinks he knows the answer would not be one he could easily comprehend. "So what should Butaj do? Just wait for things to happen?" He wonders looking at the woman who has opened her body to him but he has been none the wiser about what is going on in her mind.

Moto Butaj

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:50 pm

She leaned against him, a single hand resting against his chest as her eyes closed, though it made little difference of course. "Worrying isn't doing something though. Doing something involves just what you're doing now, going places and speaking to people. Spend time with Asako-san, make certain other ladies know you have no interest, and that it wouldn't be in their best interest to pursue you. Even if things will happen as they will doesn't mean you just sit still. A mortal mind can be just as powerful as a storm."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

PreviousNext

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms