[D8 EM] Of Pups and Ponies [Open, Expecting]

Re: [D8 EM] Of Pups and Ponies [Open, Expecting]

Postby Miya Mei on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:26 am

"I had a feeling. Well, what would you like to know? Or instead should I just listen?"
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:31 am

"I would prefer to listen, and understand how a song can lead to a duel" Hideo remained with a neutral expression "I have spoken with Otaku-sama, and I understand her side. I would like to understand yours as well."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Miya Mei on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:48 am

"Well, it will be made clear to all before we begin this afternoon, but I can certainly tell you now, Seppun-san."

Mei takes a breath amd closes her eyes a moment. She opens them and looks back to Hideo and begins.

"The Unicorn had been slandered by many rumors already. Everyone was already on edge from having to be so blatant in their affections, and then hearing three women si g of romantic love about another woman, I knew the rumors would fly even more."

"I personally could have cared less who they sung to, we all know what happens behind closed doors. So I had approached them all to tey and help discuss what they had just done and how to respond. How to help curb the rumors before they would start. In order to do so, one needed to be urgent. Otaku-sama insisted I meet the next day, which would not do."

"In addition, the discussion would only be proper away from others. I asked many times for us to step aside from the crowd, and Otaku-sama refused."

"Somehow words got heated and insults were thrown. I can't recall exactly what was said, but the challenge I issued was for her arrogance of denying an ally. I was trying hard to help her and the others and she threw it in my face. I have never been so personally insulted in my life. Honor demanded recourse for her actions"

"She then tried to suggest we duel bare handed, mocking the art of Iaijutsu.And then tried to claim we would fight to the death. Both of which requests were denied by me."

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:53 am

"I see." Hideo nodded, taking a few moments to consider the words "so you announced your challenge to duel her because of heated words, or because she wouldn't accept your assistance?"
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Miya Mei on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:08 am

"A bit of both really. In the end, the heated words were an insult to my honor. Her rufusal of my assistance was an insult to my honor. The way I will word the official challenge before we draw in front of all is that Otaku-sama was arogant and foolhearty, turning down an ally, thus owning an appology"

"I will of course end the challenge if she gives one"

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:16 am

Hideo frowned. "Forgive me Miya-san, but that wasn't what I asked. You quite loudly and clearly announced your challenge, and then your discussions continued for some time after the challenge was made after all."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Miya Mei on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:41 am

"The only discussion after I issued my challenge was Otaku-sama requesting I duel bare handed and then her saying we would fight to the death. I refused both amd explained why, then stepped to the side."

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:55 am

"I see. I believe she thinks you are duelling her because of the song, which I find odd...because it isn't Miya-sans place to question the song of someone of higher standing than her in the celestial order" Hideo commented thoughtfully "and a duel over a song would certainly be very heavy handed."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Miya Mei on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:07 am

"You are correct of course. Though, by law, she is not of celestial standing high enough to refuse without recorse. And by law, if my reason was a song, which I assure you it was not, I have every right to do so. That is how Rokugan works."

Mei looks back towards Amaya.

"These are the things the Unicorn should be made aware of. People will use their lack of knowledge against them. So, regardless of the outcome of todays duel, I hope they will all learn from it"

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:10 am

"What will they learn, Miya-san? Will they learn the error of their ways, or what people will do to ensure they are listened to?" Hideo mused "please don't misunderstand - I can understand the reasons behind your actions, but I do not believe it is the best course of action."
Seppun Hideo

Postby Miya Mei on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:15 am

"I can understand your disagreement with them. Many would stand by you for it if they were asked to pick you or me in a debate."

Mei waits a moment, thinking before she answers the first question.

"I think time will tell what lesson they will learn. Most important I think they will realize that the Empire is not as friendly and welcoming as the Unicorn. They will realize there are many vulnerabilities in their clan. And they will learn to fix them."

Mei shrugs

"Or they will try to change us instead."

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:17 am

Hideo frowned slightly, but nodded. "It is true that the Empire is not as friendly as the Unicorn has been. I just wish it had not come from the hand of a Crane trained Imperial."

He looked over in the direction of the stables.

"Thank you for your time Miya-san. Fortunes watch over you today" he bowed.
Seppun Hideo

Postby Miya Mei on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:29 am

Mei returns the bow.

"And you as well, Seppun-san. I wouldn't worry so much about where it came from. After all, you have shown the opposite of I, kindness, patience, and understanding, and have a lovely woman because of it. In the years to come, I have a feeling more will remember the romance between Ide-san and yourself than this duel."

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Seppun Hideo on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:37 am

"If you were not dueling the heiress of the Shitome, perhaps" Hideo smiled "take care of yourself."

With that, he made his way to the stables, towards where Amya had gone.
Seppun Hideo

Postby Ide Amaya on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:16 am

Near the stables, Amaya has found a currycomb and is briskly brushing the sweat and dust from Ti-Lu's coat, singing to his as she works.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

PreviousNext

Return to Horsemanship Field