Here comes Oblivion. (Day 7 Early night Daisuke's Yurt)

Re: Here comes Oblivion. (Day 7 Early night Daisuke's Yurt)

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:12 pm

"Mmm... not only disadvantages," Saksaha says with a judicious wave of her free hand. "Sometimes it brings clarity. Decisiveness of Moto, but also remembering to plan after deciding. And seeing things in two ways, sometimes you see a thing you would not see from one side or the other."

She peers at the proto-hawk. "Not bad. You have the steady hand, like a meishodo apprentice." Especially if he can do that while drinking and not cut himself.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:48 am

"That makes sense." He offered after a few moments. "Decisiveness is important after all, though too much and it can become a hindrance as well. One could perhaps say the combination of Iuchi and moto is the best of both worlds then?"

"Meishodo apprentice? Do they do a lot of carving?" He probably should of cut himself, but apparently the fortune of drunks was on his side this evening, and for now at least he remained uninjured.
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:55 am

"Someone could, but I will not. Hubris invites ill luck and evil spirits," she says with a grin and a quick warding gesture, which she chases with a sip of her shochu. She has the sense that she's maybe drinking a little faster than Daisuke, but this doesn't trouble her, since he clearly has a considerable head start.

"Yes, we do. Over and over and over until the work is fine and true enough." She unloops one of the charms hanging around her neck and dangles it between them on its leather cord. It's possible (though maybe not likely) that Daisuke might recognize it as one she'd used to work magic on him that first night they'd met--a circular amulet of dark gray soapstone, carved on both sides with intricate geometric relief designs. "This was one of my gempukku pieces."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:02 am

"That it does it." He confirmed with a nod, and she was in fact drinking faster in the Badger, as he, much like many drunks had temporarily forgotten he had a drink of his own. Her own sip reminded him though, and he picked up his cup to drink, before offering her a refill from the bottle.

"That's quite beautiful." He murmured leaning close to examine it a bit better. "Is that the only sculpting you do? Or do you make trinkets and other things like I do?" It seemed a waste that she was that good at carving and would just use it for her magic.

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:31 pm

"It is a sacred craft and needs much mystical study. The words and other shapes must be very precise. Besides these charms, we fashion the sacred words into amulets for luck and protection sometimes, but I... I have never tried to make something just to look at," she admits. "Or to carve something that looks like a thing from life.I am not sure I would know how to start."

((Extrapolating from the fact that Meishodo has its own separate Craft skill, anyway XD))

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:35 am

"Oh." It sounded like he didn't want to ask too deeply about it. "Well I guess carving like this is difficult in its own right, you have to be able to see what you are creating inside the piece of wood, and make the cuts to bring it out."

He took a drink from his cup. "Or that's how I do it at least."

Their was a small pause. "On the subject of Moto bellies though, is that why there was so many rumors about them fornicating?" He shifted the topic as he remembered something he wanted to ask.

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:33 am

"Huh," Saksaha says in a thoughtful sort of way when Daisuke talks about 'seeing' things inside the wood... but then he unexpectedly changes the subject to the Moto again just as she's taking another drink, and she snorts into her cup. "Ehh! Probably so." She shakes her head emphatically. "Act first and fear no consequence, this is the way of many Moto, especially the young ones."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:46 am

"Someone might want to caution any of them that are marrying out then, that's a good way to find a early grave in the empire." He frowned a bit. "Might want to give most of your clan marrying out a few lessons on that sort of things honestly. Those two ladies singing about loving women earlier today, well they probably made a fair amount of enemies in doing so."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:02 am

"Even among the Moto folk are more discreet when they are married," she says, shrugging one shoulder. "Well, if they are not with their husbands and wives, that is. An angry Moto cuckold is something to fear too," she adds with a slightly tipsy smirk.

"I thought these songs foolish also,"--as much as she'd been awake to take notice of it, anyway, since she'd been rather sleepy sitting through the long afternoon of ballad-singing after waking up in the wee hours of the night--"so unhappy suitors, yes, maybe, but enemies?"

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:22 am

He chuckled, the sound rich, and perhaps more honest as his emotions were liberated by drink. "I suppose we are all in for a bot of trouble in years to come then. Though I will count myself lucky as I don't have any plans to cuckol' anyone."

"The about angered me to the point I left altogether." He admitted after taking another sip from his cup, setting it down a moment later to offer her a refilling, before pouring more in his. "I'd met both Shino-san and Otaku-sama before on a couple occasions, and while I didn't expect either to sign to me. Was like a slep in the face for theem both to sing abotu women."

"All out in the open like that as well, it could follow whoever they marry for the rest of their lives. So yes, I'd consider enemies a possibility."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:27 am

"Huh." Saksaha nods slowly, partly in acknowledgement of the refill and partly of his point. "I see how you mean." She tugs discontentedly at the end of her braid with her free hand. "I thought boys did not so much mind the idea of two ladies as... well, but I see how you mean." She does have three older brothers, after all.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:54 am

"Well... I can't say I have given what two ladies do together to much thought" He replied his cheeks turning a bit red even with the alcoholic influence. "And I don't mind if they do it, as long as it's private. It's just singing about it out loud like that, I can't say I'd want to marry either one of em now."

"I suppose I could forgive Shinjo-san, she didn't even seem aware of what she did, not to the full extent at least. Though you may be needing to talk to her. From her own admittance she may be letting her fear dictate her actions. Dangerous business that, and worrisome."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:09 pm

"It is all much less trouble to just do what the judges asked." Saksaha sighs into her cup. "And keep your trousers on. Well, or whatever you other tribes wear."

"I do not know Shinjo-san very well, but... maybe you are right." This makes the second time tonight that she's been hit with a Someone should... that she's pretty sure means her. What's up with that? "What kind of fear?"

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:07 pm

"Fundoshi." Daisuke provided helpfully, "Well at least for us boys." He thought it was what she was looking for as a answer at least. "I agree though, on both accounts."

He shrugged. "Might be she takes care of it herself, I just thought you should know." He took a sip from his cup. "She said she might think of men as monsters. Might be why she did what she did, a way to attack the men that like her, to hurt them. Though she said that wasn't what she wanted."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:33 pm

"Fundoshi, right," she mutters, mostly to herself rather than to Daisuke. "Must be awful for riding in."

"As monsters?" Saksaha's brows twitch upward in surprise. "Have we not seen enough of real monsters?"

She frowns somewhat. "I do not know her story, but if she came here to marry and must marry, this is no good way to think. Maybe Ide Samai-sama or Yukarin-san would be more help than me... anyway, it is good of you to take concern for one of ours, Ichiro-san."

Iuchi Saksaha

PreviousNext

Return to Western Yurts