Dinner Take II (D6, EE)

Re: Dinner Take II (D6, EE)

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:36 am

She smiles. "Fitting advice, from a Scorpion to a Lion. I will hold it close."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:42 am

"Good. That is why I...respect you Kogo-san. At some point, I want you to meet my Liu Fei and I wish to meet this...one day I will say his name with proper diction. Remind me again?"
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:56 am

Her face brightens. "I would greatly enjoy meeting her. And his name is Shinjo Monkhbaatar. It is a little difficult to say, I admit." She smiles, clearly lost in thought for a brief second.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:02 am

"Excellent. Lets work on a gathering. Perhaps a picnic or something."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:15 am

She smiles. "I could see that being enjoyable. When would be best for you and Shinjo-san?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:18 am

"I will speak to her and send word. Do the same with yours."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:56 pm

She nods. "That sounds like an agreeable plan."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Otaku Imane on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:24 am

Soshi Yuuru wrote:He smiled and shook his head, "I'm sure a life with you Otaku-sama would be more than fulfilling; you are a charming and powerful woman who will continue to grow in both beauty and strength. I am merely informing you in all Honesty that I don't think I could adequately fill what you are searching for. Were you looking for a man to be an equal partner; one who would bring much to the family by his work as a magistrate and scout for your clan? Then I would be well-suited for such a desire. But if you are looking for a servant to mind the house while you are away? I'm not much of a home-maker is all."

He took a sip of tea, "Magistrates have duties that take them from the home often... as do scouts in times of war... I'm afraid my skills would be better-suited for such tasks which would lead to either neglect at home or a misuse of my training in your family. While I am more than willing to do my duty for whatever my lord may require of me... I personally think most lords would prefer someone who was competent in the tasks they assign. And as homemaker and affectionate caregiver to children, I am not confident in that role."

Imane watched his response intently as she ate some rice. That seemed the thing to choose, along with some sort of vegetables. Once he had said his piece she sipped her tea before responding.

"Is that what samurai-ko are reduced to in the Empire then? Excepting the Matsu of course. Among the Otaku you would have several years to pursue your career as a scout and magistrate, and to perform your duties to the best of your ability. Then you would help to look after the children so as to help smooth a Shiotome's recovery and transition to training her new steed."

She shrugged her shoulders a little and picked up the tea cup again. "It seems a fair exchange of duties. It is not as if a man can help with carrying his children or giving birth. The least he can do is help to look after them."

It came as a sudden revelation that perhaps she should be more appreciative of her own father. He was a merciless tease and delighted in fooling her, but had always been there when she needed him and had never complained about a single thing.
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:15 am

He nodded his head, "I don't find what you say to be unfair in any way, merely I said, I am not well-suited for the task. In the Empire I think that is much more of the norm; whoever is best suited for a task is the one that accomplishes it. If a woman is very capable in her duties for the lord than the man will be tasked with helping to raise the children, and vice versa. I am a man whose skills are not immediately relevant to the home, and therefore do not feel I would be great at that task. I am proficient in dealing with and interrogating lawless brigands, exploring uncharted and difficult terrain, and administering the adjudication of law... none of these skills are immediately relevant to the role you are looking for in a spouse."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Imane on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:01 am

She gave him a smile and nodded. "I understand, and I thank you for your honesty and willingness to share your thoughts like this Soshi-san."

Another so of tea and she was out. "I do not believe my own father was ready for the task of raising daughters, but he grew into it. Still, I would not ask you to be something you are not comfortable with. I think we would have had a lot of fun though. I do hope that you will wish to be friends in the future?"
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Otaku Imane

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:09 am

He shook his head deflecting her praise, "I'm sure I would be more than happy to have you as my spouse, and maybe... we could find something that works for us both, but I know you told me honesty is an important thing for you and I wouldn't feel right acting like I'm something I'm not just so I could get the beautiful woman to like me."

He smiled and bowed, "I'd love to be friends even if we don't end up together. And I'd love to be considered for an arrangement if you have no issues with the concerns I have brought up."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Imane on Mon May 01, 2017 12:33 am

Imane thought about this and nodded. "Your honesty is greatly appreciated Soshi-san and I want you to know that I will consider this carefully." She nodded, looking solemn and then letting a smile cross her face again.

"There is still time for all things. May I ask which of my cousins you have met so far and would consider to be a good match? Or should we discuss this again in a few days?"
Otaku Imane

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Mon May 01, 2017 12:39 am

He smiled, "Currently I have met with a few women of interest. A marriage between the Iuchi and Soshi probably makes some sense considering we are neighbors now, but I am open to all possibilities."

He tilted his head and smiled, "I'd love to meet with you again as soon as you have time. Perhaps another race or some type of fun activity could be planned? I could show you how I am so well suited for the outdoors."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Previous

Return to The Streets of Dark Edge Village