Dog and Dragonfly (day 8 early morning, Misa's room)

Dog and Dragonfly (day 8 early morning, Misa's room)

Postby Moto Baatar on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:47 pm

"Hello!" came Moto Baatar's voice from outside Tonbo Misa's door. "Is Lady Tonbo at home this morning?"
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Re: Dog and Dragonfly (day 8 early morning, Misa's room)

Postby Tonbo Misa on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:26 pm

The door to Misa's room opened a bit a moment later, and the little servant girl that had been with her before peeked out at Baatar. She opened the door with a tiny smile a moment later and bowed to usher him in. Misa sat at the table, looking as if in meditation perhaps, but as her guest entered she stood. A puppy came bounding up and sniffed and yapped at Baatar as he was shown in.

"Moto-san, what a pleasant surprise to receive a visit from you this morning. Please forgive Tenshi, he just arrived from your family's care, and he seems eager to explore everything."
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Advisor • Blind • Ascetic • Enlightened
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 4.0 | Courtship Points: 7
Carries: Traveling Pack, Daisho (where applicable), walking stick

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Baatar on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:31 am

Footsteps were heard as the servant girl showed Moto Baatar into the room. "Nice doggy... good doggy," he said to Tenshi, apparently calming the puppy before addressing Misa.

"Good morning, Tonbo-sama," Baatar said, turning to her at last. "Thanks for letting me in! I was, uh, just visiting to help inspect your security arrangements. Tenshi is no trouble at all; I myself have brought a ferocious Unicorn war dog to help detect any stealthy assassins that might had slipped through."

At this remark, there was a very tiny woofle sound from the general direction of the Unicorn's arms.

carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:13 am

Misa tittered into her sleeve. "Is that so? I will be cautious then! Though... ano... was there something that lead Moto-san to doubt that the security here was well? Was there a threat..." A pause before she smirked. "...from the ninja?"

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Baatar on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:41 am

"After the earlier attack on Tonbo-sama's person, I feel that we can't be too careful," Baatar declared ostentatiously. "The ninja may make another attempt on your life. Trained, professional guard dogs could be a key element of the defenses around your household."

There was a scuffling noise from the floor as Tenshi and the puppy that the young Moto had brought seemed to be ... playing? wrestling? There was a small yip and more rolling around as the puppies got acquainted.

"Well, semi-trained, semi-professional guard dogs, anyway," Baatar corrected himself ruefully. "I'm still working on getting her to sniff out and attack ninja. She's off to a good start though."
Moto Baatar

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:09 am

Misa laughed into her sleeve once again. "Have no worries Moto-san, I could not feel any safer. Any ninja that tried anything would surely lose their ankles before they got close to me!"

She sat, motioning that Baatar could as well.

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Baatar on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:22 pm

"Our puppies ... I mean, our ferocious war dogs ... are on guard, and will ensure our safety," Baatar assured her.

After Misa's gesture, she could hear the young Unicorn moving to a sitting position.

"How have you been, since last we spoke?" Baatar asked as politely as he could manage. "I didn't see you at the singing circle, although, um, you were a popular person for people to sing about."
Moto Baatar

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:42 pm

"Oh, I was there and sang. I can't say I did the best, and I even managed to embarrass my subject a bit." She smiled with a soft sheepishness. "As for others singing for me... perhaps it was because of my position. Otaku-sama and I have become good friends, but the Shinjo that sang for me isn't one I've ever met. I may have missed Moto-san's own performance, did it go well?"

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Baatar on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:56 pm

"I thought I sang pretty well, but I don't think the person I meant it for liked it very much," Baatar admitted sheepishly. "Like you said before, you can't win 'em all."
Moto Baatar

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:14 pm

Misa gave a smile at that. "Good, you're learning then. Still... there are two more days. Perhaps the target of your song will still come around?" She paused thoughtfully. "...Assuming you wish her to, of course."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Baatar on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:28 pm

"Maybe... yes? No...? I don't know," Baatar said, sounding thoroughly uncertain. "It's probably foolish for me to get attached to anyone in particular, seeing as the miai is nearly over and matches will be announced soon. Besides, I think she likes someone else, anyway."

"Eh, I shouldn't bother you with my silly problems, though. They must seem very trivial to you."
Moto Baatar

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:38 pm

Misa shook her head softly. "Not at all. If you wish to talk about your worries and troubles, I would gladly listen. May I ask who the lady in question is?"

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Baatar on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:58 pm

"Ah, I shouldn't cause her any more trouble," Baatar said. "I suspect I've already bothered her enough." The young Moto tried to sound indifferent, but there was a hint of bitterness.

"Besides, I thought you were going to marry me," Baatar said, affecting a more cheerful tone. "And we would go back to your homeland and I would help clear out all the ninja from Tonbosylvania. Though, it sounds like I might have to fight off all your other suitors first!"
Moto Baatar

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:00 am

Misa laughed quietly, her smile just as quiet. "I don't think there are as many as Moto-san believes, but all the same, it is sweet of him to say so. I am certain he is being modest as well. You've shown well enough in all the tests, and I've heard no ill word of you. There must be more than one lady present that awaits your presence."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Moto Baatar on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:39 pm

"Aww, thanks for saying so," Baatar said, sounding a little shy. "I guess the miai is bound to match me up with someone. I only hope it is someone nice."

"Hey! Quit that! Bad girl," he said suddenly in a sharp voice, though it sounded like the young Unicorn had turned away from her. "Oh - not you, Tonbo-sama. Bad puppy!" There was a thump as something was knocked over.

"Um, I'll help clean that up."
Moto Baatar

Next

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms