Awkward Conversations (Day 8, LM, Misa's Room)

Awkward Conversations (Day 8, LM, Misa's Room)

Postby Asako Yuki on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:26 pm

Yuki, trailed by a watchful, bouncy puppy, came to a stop outside the room of one Tonbo Misa.

Of course both of them are here. She sighed a little, the looked back to the puppy, who stared at her in return, before suddenly deciding to attack one of his back legs.

Yuki smiled at the pup's antics before scratching on the door. "Tonbo-sama? It is Asako Yuki."
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Re: Awkward Conversations (Day 8, LM, Misa's Room)

Postby Tonbo Misa on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:38 pm

There was a quiet barking from inside before the door was opened by a young girl, looking out at Yuki and the puppy both a moment before kowtowing and opening it fully to let Yuki in. Misa stood beside a table, eyes blankly looking in the direction the door was with a smile on her face. The barking came from a small puppy beside her, though she spoke soothingly to it and it quieted down. She gave a bow in Yuki's direction, quite low in fact.

"Asako-san, please, come in. Pardon Tenshi, it seems we both have an added burden today to watch over." She seemed to find it more humorous than troubling, though that only showed in a wry smile. "Sit, and my servant will get the things for tea. I hope you have had rice this morning."
Dragon Clan • Bushi • Advisor • Blind • Ascetic • Enlightened
Honor: What is Expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 4.0 | Courtship Points: 7
Carries: Traveling Pack, Daisho (where applicable), walking stick

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Asako Yuki on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:59 pm

Yuki saw the low bow, and decided that, given the Tonbo's superior station, she had to go lower. As Rei tried to bound into the room she quietly stuck a foot out and stopped her, at least long enough to get Yuki inside first with some semblance of control over the puppy. Placing a hand firmly on her scruff managed to keep him from immediately rushing over to greet the other dog, though she whined a bit.

"Hai, Rei is proving to be quite a handful." She said with a small smile. The offer of tea and rice reminded her too much of her last meeting in the guest rooms. "Hai, I've already had rice, Tonbo-sama. Arigato for the offer."

Asako Yuki

Postby Tonbo Misa on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:21 pm

Misa could not see the bow in return, nor did the servant seem to say anything. Perhaps she heard the rustle of Yuki's kimono, for regardless she smiled and nodded. "Good, since I have none to give right now. My tea will perhaps not be the most delicious, but I promise to do the ceremony as well as I can."

She sat, waiting for Yuki to sit. She didn't hold back her puppy, letting it go over to Yuki's so they could distract each other a while.

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Asako Yuki on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:00 am

Rei was released and immediately went over to the other dog to partake in the traditional doggy butt-sniff of greeting.

"I am sure the ceremony will more than make up for whatever the tea may lack, Tonbo-sama." Yuki said with a small smile and took a seat.

Asako Yuki

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:42 am

Misa smiled as Yuki sat. "I will hope both prove highly enlightening Asako-san. Ah, but before I perform the ceremony..."

The woman moved on careful knees to the side of the table before bowing toward Yuki, her forehead touching the floor. "This one must show utter gratitude to Asako-san and the Phoenix. Without the efforts of your clan, my great grandmother Isawa Maroko could never have married my great grandfather and founded my family. It was with the efforts of your family in court that we were kept safe, along with the forces of the Phoenix legions when Akodo Yokutsu attacked. For that you will always have my deepest respects."

She finally straightened and moved back, the servant having nearly finished setting up the pieces for the ceremony. "That, and my mother was an Asako. It means I would doubly not exist without your family Asako-san."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Asako Yuki on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:05 pm

Yuki blushed horribly at that. "Ano, you are quite welcome, Tonbo-sama. Such decisions were far above my, or my direct family's decision though." She paused. "I will be sure to inform my superiors that the Tonbo remember our actions when I return home." She smiled a little.

Asako Yuki

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:12 pm

Misa smiled at the words, giving a bow of her head. "That would be most welcome Asako-san, arigato. Our clans are currently friends, and I would see my family's new role in the Dragon as a bridge to expanding upon that. Now then, let me begin."

She trailed off, feeling around the table delicately to make certain everything was in its proper place before beginning. She didn't need to see to know what to do, going about mixing the tea with a bamboo whisk and positioning the cups and pot just so. Finally she finished. It was a basic ceremony, but it was more for the effort than anything else. Pouring tea for both of them, Misa turned her cup before placing a hand under to hold it, waiting for her guest to take a sip of the Dragon tea.

(ooc note - Can't actually perform the tea ceremony mechanically per event rules since there's training!)

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Asako Yuki on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:31 pm

Yuki smiled and watched the woman perform, nodding quietly to herself at the good grace being shown in her completion of the ceremony. Once it was done, she picked up her cup and took a delicate sip. "Wonderful, Tonbo-sama. Your execution was excellent, and the tea is flawless." She smiled at the smaller woman.

Asako Yuki

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:56 pm

Misa smiled after taking her own sip. "Arigato for saying so Asako-san. That this one can do so makes her glad."

She took a second sip, looking contemplative a moment. "So, Butaj-san is quite fond of you."

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Asako Yuki on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:06 pm

Yuki was torn between blushing and showing concern. She tried to hide it behind another sip of tea, instinct more than necessity, given her host. "Ah, hai. We have grown close during the miai."

Asako Yuki

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:40 pm

Misa nodded, smile remaining warm. "He has been a bit reluctant to speak of it fully with me, but that's perhaps for the best. Do you mean to take him home as an Asako then?"

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Asako Yuki on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:06 pm

Yuki continued to favor caution in her responses. "Well, the rules of the miai state that, as things stand, I would be taking him home. Assuming the Fortunes favor me and I am allowed to pick him."

Asako Yuki

Postby Tonbo Misa on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:11 pm

"I believe he said that he wouldn't be allowed to stay with the Moto regardless, even if he somehow gained more favor in a competition. I believe he would find a fine home in your family though." Another small sip of tea and a smile. "Is there anything Asako-san believes would not allow her to pick Moto Butaj?"

Sanmi (Attendant)
Tonbo Misa

Postby Asako Yuki on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:17 pm

Yuki frowned a little, not particularly enjoying this part of the game. "Hai, as Tonbo-sama well knows, While I have been chosen as capable to marry, I am not high in the rankings like some. By the time it comes to me, another may already pick him." Yuki managed to keep her voice from catching as she said that.

Asako Yuki

Next

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms