The Unicorn and Scorpion (D8 LA) [Mizuki's Room]

Re: The Unicorn and Scorpion (D8 LA) [Mizuki's Room]

Postby Moto Baatar on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:49 pm

"Oh, but there's many kinds of gaijin," Baatar said. "There must be thousands of them in the Burning Sands and beyond. Is it illegal to trade with any of them? I mean... we've all met gaijin traders before... right...?" He looked a little concerned at the thought.
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:13 pm

Mizuki shakes her head. "Maybe some of the Badger, Phoenix and Dragon since they live on the borders. And rumors abound about the Mantis and Tortoise Clans, but no. Most have never seen a gaijin. And certainly, no one would admit to trading with one. Of course, the Unicorn would be the excused for previous actions. I have no idea if the Emperor would reconsider his position now that your Clan has returned home. Who can guess the mind of Heaven?"
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Baatar on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:05 pm

Baatar looked relieved at Mizuki's suggestion that past trading with gaijin wouldn't count against them.

"Well, I think trading would only help our people," Baatar declared. "But I suppose it'll all get decided by people much more important than me."

"Anyway... you said you might sing if I came by," he reminded her. "What sorts of songs do you like?"
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:05 am

Mizuki considers for a moment. "Honestly, I like lullabies. My mother.... besides being a powerful shugenja, she was talented in the arts. Her primary one was painting, but she could do many others. She has a voice that could make the Fortunes weep. I'm nowhere as talented as her, but I could sing for you if you would like."

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Baatar on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:43 am

Baatar smiled. "I would like that," he replied. "I bet you're more talented than you think."
Moto Baatar

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:28 pm

Mizuki begins to sings quite well even if the song is bittersweet. Just terrible.

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Baatar on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:29 pm

Baatar leaned back and listened raptly as Mizuki sang.

"You're pretty good," he said, after she fell silent. "Better than a lot of people who sang yesterday, really. Your face, your singing; why keep such pretty things to yourself? I don't think you have anything to be ashamed of."
Moto Baatar

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:27 am

"You are too kind." Mizuki smiles. "I wear the mask because of the typical reasons Scorpions wear our mask. To honor our Kami, show our honesty, etc. Though I guess, you are referring to why I wear a full face mask as opposed to a smaller one like most of my Clan." Mizuki pauses for a second. "Do you know of the Yogo Curse?"

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Baatar on Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:21 pm

"Yes, it's like the evil eye, I think?" Baatar said, sounding a little uncertain. "Your eyes look fine though, so maybe it passed over you."
Moto Baatar

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:34 pm

Mizuki shakes her head. Who told him about this? They obviously have no idea what they were talking about. "Ie. There is no evil eye or anything physical. It goes back to the founding of the Empire. Lady Asako's husband, Asako Yogo, was a powerful shugenja and clever general. He won a great victory over the forces of the Dark One. In return, the Ninth cursed him to betray the one he loves most. That is why he came to serve Bayushi. He did not love him. This curse had been passed on to his descendants. I do have this Curse."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Baatar on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:57 pm

"Oh... huh," Baatar said, trying to understand this new information. Was this better or worse than the evil eye? He wasn't sure.

"What kind of betrayal are we talking about?" he asked, trying to get a better handle on the idea. "Is it 'I forgot and left your boots out in the rain and now they're ruined' betrayal? Or is it more like 'I'm still mad about what you said yesterday so I poisoned your tea' level of betrayal?"
Moto Baatar

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:17 pm

"Both. It depends on the person. Usually it falls somewhere in the middle. You asked why I hide my looks. It's because my father isn't the the who impregnated my mother with me. I am my mother's betrayal. That's why I wear my mask. To stop reminding people of what I am." She watch Bataar to see how he reacts.

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Baatar on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:26 pm

"That does sound like a tough break," Baatar agreed, nodding his head sympathetically. "Are you sure you've got this curse, though? I mean, if your father wasn't a Yogo, maybe you didn't get it."
Moto Baatar

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:37 pm

"One parent is enough. And more importantly, I... I know. I'm not sure how to describe it, but I know. And I'll know when it is broken."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Baatar on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:31 pm

"Oh?" Baatar asked. "Is there a way to break the curse? Do you have to placate the Yogo spirit somehow?"

From his curious tone of voice, the young Moto sounded like he saw the curse as not so much a thing of horror, but more like a puzzle to solve - as if the curse could be outwitted somehow.
Moto Baatar

PreviousNext

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms