Day 8 [LE] The Word On The Street

Day 8 [LE] The Word On The Street

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:27 pm

((Expecting but Open))

Bayushi Suteichi walked the streets to clear his head. So much weighed on his mind. He was always taught to have control and yet he was losing it. He had some tough decisions to make and time was winding down. He missed little Sasuke. Having the pup around did not have him think about what was going on. He tried to not think about Liu Fei and yet here he was thinking of her. He huffed in frustration and shook his head. He continued his walk hoping he would get clarity.
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Re: Day 8 [LE] The Word On The Street

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:43 pm

Besides the musical performance after the heroes send off the scions of the Twin Kami had not really spoken. They each had their own varying concerns. Shiba Kaizen had yet to make much of an impression upon the Unicorn maidens, though the few he had met would likely make good wives he did not really know them that well. Besides that a specter of his past had apparently arrived in the village, though had yet to make his presence known. Kaizen was fairly sure the Kakita was here to find someway to disgrace him, if not outright end his life. It was a waste and that the kuge of his own Family had not reigned him in was shameful.

So there he was walking to clear his own thoughts and up ahead he saw Bayushi Suteichi. The Shiba bowed out of respect as the Scorpion had won the musical duel, unofficial though it may be. "Bayushi-san, I hope the Fortunes favor you this evening?"
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Glory: 2.0 * Status: 1.0 * Honor: What is Expected * Courtship Points: 5
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:49 pm

"Shiba-sama." Suteichi bowed deeply. "An honor to see you again. Strange we meet at this hour."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Kakita Jinosoku on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:09 pm

"It does seem to be an auspicious time for meetings." The voice belonged to a handsome Crane, though his good looks were marred by his deadpan expression. He approached the pair at a steady pace, his gaze never straying from Kaizen.
Crane Clan • Bushi • Terrible Duelist • Emo

Kakita Jinosoku

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:17 pm

"Ah..." Suteichi turned seeing the Crane appear. "Blessed evening to you Crane-sama. I am Bayushi Suteichi. I did not recall seeing you."
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:25 pm

So he is here... Kaizen's eyes narrowed in an uncharacteristic show of anger. His voice unemotionally stated after a fitting bow, "Good evening Kakita-san. Allow me to introduce Kakita Jinosoku, Bayushi-san." The Scorpion if abreast of Court gossip may have heard the story or perhaps not. Kaizen watched his brother's murderer having only seen him once at a distance during the Topaz Championship last year on the first day.
Phoenix Clan * Yojimbo * Previous Year Topaz Competitor of Renown * Crane are not Fans of.. * Short
Carries: daisho, fan, samisen, and wears decent quality clothing with a haori and hakama
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:32 pm

Suteichi could sense that there was some tension between the two.

This is an interesting turn of events... Well, I'll play along and watch this unfold...

"Oh! Interesting... Kakita-sama I am glad to make your acquaintance. I have not seen your name on the miai board. You are here for the miai, right?"

-----------
Sincerity/Deceit + Awareness + Rk 1 Bayushi Tech + Benten's Blessing On Kakita Jinosuku: 6d10ro1o10k3 41
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Kakita Jinosoku on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:16 pm

The Crane shakes his head. "No, I am here to inform the Unicorn that Shiba-san is an unworthy candidate for marriage. I have a meeting with the Governor in the morning."

Kakita Jinosoku

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:22 pm

Hmmmm....Interesting...

"Is there a reason why you feel this way, Kakita-sama?"
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:31 pm

Kaizen clenched his right fist at his side and released, "That is an interesting statement Kakita-san. I would be interested to hear testimony in this matter." What is he playing at?
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Kakita Jinosoku on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:16 pm

Jinosoku inclines his head. "There is, Bayushi-san."

He turns back to Kaizen. "My maimed cousin is all the testimony that is required. You have ruined her chances at marriage, and I intend to return that harsh favor."

Kakita Jinosoku

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:19 pm

This just got interesting...

Suteichi stood between the two as if to mediate. It was clear to him that these two had a history and that history was about to culminate here and now. If this did not resolve right, the rumors would spread and with a Scorpion being involved in it, it was going to be all downhill fast. He figured this needed to be handed with some finesse. This was looking to become chaotic but as Suteichi learned from his mother:

Where there is chaos and conflict, this is always an opportunity...

Suteichi saw an opportunity to calm the situation if but to learn more about it.

"Might I suggest that we all discuss this matter over tea. We are in fact in Governor Dabo's home and I am sure that he would not want more bloodshed at this time. Lord Kakita-sama, I would be most honored if you would be my guest tomorrow over a meal and tea. I was here catching up with Lord Shiba-sama, I will be happy to host you. Please, would be so kind as to accept my humble invitation?"

Suteichi hoped that they both bought in to what he was saying particularly Kaizen. He wanted to be of help to the situation.
Bayushi Suteichi

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:32 pm

Considering the situation Kaizen was calm...ish. He certainly had not considered drawing steel on the street unless it was to defend himself or another. "Hai Bayushi-san I had hoped to discuss common interests if the opportunity presents itself. This evening is most suitable." He managed to break his gaze from the Kakita as he shared words with the Scorpion.
Shiba Kaizen

Postby Kakita Jinosoku on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:01 pm

"I have nothing to discuss with you, Bayushi-san." He nods his head toward Kaizen. "Nor do I wish to spend any more time in this butcher's presence than I have. I merely wished to ensure that when you are sent home in disgrace, you understand the reason why."

Kakita Jinosoku

Postby Shiba Kaizen on Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:39 pm

"Butcher, Kakita-san? It was at the Topaz Championship and to the first blood Kakita Mariko-san should have been in motion to strike, but she hesitated. That blood was drawn where it happened to be was validated by the Kakita Academy judges. Not at all how two years ago when you killed my brother Kenshiro in the final match." Kaizen had enough of this. I was content to leave it be, you assault my honor and interfere in my duty well your move.
Shiba Kaizen

Next

Return to The Streets of Dark Edge Village