[D8 LA] Find the sake boy

Re: [D8 LA] Find the sake boy

Postby Ide Samai on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:36 pm

"Well, let's hope it'll be it then." It took a long second until what she said crossed her mind. "I mean.. I'm sure it'll be the right one."

Smooth one. Drink some more sake, perhaps you will even insult his mother if you keep it up.

"Perhaps... I'm not an expert on dogs, but who knows." She slowly stood up, and waited for him to join her.
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:40 pm

If Tomonaga was offended by his words, he didn't show it. He set down the sake bottle and rose to his feet, only a little unsteadily. With a quick glance at Samai, he made his way with her to the yurt entrance, throwing open the flap, peering out curiously.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:47 pm

Samai followed the man, only to see Ostro chasing his Yasuki counterpart.

"Oh. I thought it was worse."
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:57 pm

Tomonaga chuckled as he looked out, watching the animals play. "I'll admit, I was a little worried that they were tunneling into someone else's yurt, or something. But it looks like they're just having fun."

He turned his smile on Samai. "I think they'll be fine a bit longer, if you wanted to sit down again. You could tell me about what you'd like to do, after the miai is over. Or even just in these next few days, before it finishes."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:43 pm

"Hai, I thought so too... no one is bitten yet, thankfully." She relaxed.. .she didn't even know she felt nervous.

"Honestly... just... taking some time for myself and do some reading. Of course, that won't happen." She sighed wistfully. "There is still so much to do in Unicorn lands."
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:52 pm

Tomonaga led Samai back to her seat, offering his hand to help ease her down if needed. That done, he sat next to her.

"Mmm, that sounds pretty nice. Do check out Miya Chidori if you get a chance." He reminded her. "I read more when I was young... my parents didn't really encourage it. Somewhat the opposite, in fact." He frowned gently.

His expression cleared. "But you're right, there is a lot to do in Unicorn lands. In fact, I expect to be spending a great deal of time here, myself. Trade deals take time to work out, after all, and I'm going to be involved in that. Or so is my hope."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:02 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:Tomonaga led Samai back to her seat, offering his hand to help ease her down if needed. That done, he sat next to her.

"Mmm, that sounds pretty nice. Do check out Miya Chidori if you get a chance." He reminded her. "I read more when I was young... my parents didn't really encourage it. Somewhat the opposite, in fact." He frowned gently.

His expression cleared. "But you're right, there is a lot to do in Unicorn lands. In fact, I expect to be spending a great deal of time here, myself. Trade deals take time to work out, after all, and I'm going to be involved in that. Or so is my hope."

She took his hand, deciding that some simple pleasures in her life could still be used for now.

"Oh, I have heard her mentioned a few times already. I will definitely look into it." She frowned. "Your parents did not like you reading?" There was some confusion in her voice. "Reading was difficult on the journey, but it was treasured when we could do it. There is so much to learn from the written word."

She slowly took her hand away from him, reluctantly, but her smile perking up. "Oh? That does sound good... I would appreciate you spending some time here. Any specific idea for trade you would like to bring up with the Unicorn?"
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:15 pm

"Yeah..." Tomonaga let out a puff of breath. "It's not so much that they discouraged reading generally, but rather discouraged specific sorts of reading. Well, actually, most sorts of reading. They're very focused, see; everything is about building the sake business. Most books don't help with that, so..." He spread his hands.

Tomonaga released her hand just as reluctantly, but he was thrilled to see her smiling again. "Well, I'm certainly hoping that I can interest the Unicorn in sake." He said, returning her smile enthusiastically. "That's what I know most about, after all, and would certainly help with the family business. Luckily, things seem to have been going well on that front, eh?" He nods to her cup.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:00 pm

"Well, at least you can always suggest a comprehensive catalogue of the best literature on sake?" She asked with a small smile. "I can understand the sentiment though... I am sure they wanted the best for you."

She glanced into her cup. "Oh, I wouldn't worry. The Moto will find sake interesting, and after a Moto drinks, an Ide will need to as well, considering the aftermath. Speaking of which.. what is this sake's name?" It was his business after all, and besides, she was drinking it.
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:17 pm

"I certainly can." Tomonaga said with a chuckle. His lips twisted at the last comment, but he didn't voice disagreement.

He laughed softly at her joke. Well, he suspected it was only partially a joke. "Yes, believe me, I understand that. You haven't met any Hida yet, have you?"

At her question, he lifted up the bottle, showing her the calligraphy on it. "This is our 'Golden Carp Special Reserve'. It's the finest of the sake that we produce on any sort of scale. Most of our skilled labor is spent on it, and we try to have at least one family member involved in the process at all times.

A thoughtful look crossed his face, and he stood, crossing to his pack. From it, he withdrew a wrapped bundle. He returned, sitting next to Samai once more, unwrapping it slowly. Inside was a bottle of the finest blue ceramic. The calligraphy on it was in gold, and clearly done by a master. "This is our 'Golden Scale' sake. My eldest sister makes it one barrel at a time. It's our finest. I've only got the one bottle... I've been saving it for a special occasion. Hasn't happened yet." He chewed his lower lip thoughtfully.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:29 pm

She noticed his gesture, but left it as is, considering he didn't bring it up either. Some things were best left lying.

"No, not that I know... I take it is a similar experience?" She tried thinking the Moto-likes in the Empire.... oyve, poor Tomonaga.

"Oh? Well... I certainly feel special now. Have you taken part in the process?" She asked, curious. She had no idea how sake works, but it was something they didn't talk about before, and he obviously knew his stuff well.

She ooh-d and aaah-ed at the bottle, and leaned down. "My, my... it is beautiful." She extended a hand, but stopped short of touching it. "Well, I am sure at the end of the miai you can open the bottle with your new bride." Samai wasn't sure whether she was twisting a knife or easing his pain, but at least her aim was the latter... he deserved happiness, and besides, her being a bitter, jealous harpy wouldn't help matters.
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:54 pm

"I have, yes. Only a very little on my own." He said, his smile dampening just a touch. "But actually, this batch I did help with, working with my eldest sister." He nods towards the sake they had been drinking. "There's a few stages that require a person, especially at first when you're creating the mix, but later on, it can require a judgement call as to when it's ready to pour from the barrel."

"Please, go ahead." He handed the bottle to her, seeing her desire to examine it more closely. The ceramic was cool to the touch. "Maybe." Tomonaga said slowly. "But my wife has a lifetime with me, of course."

His expression on Samai softened further. "Samai-chan... I don't want to give you false hope, because that wouldn't be right. But... I don't know that it's being honest to leave it like this, either." He leaned a little closer, his brown eyes intent. "Right now, I'm compelled to try with Yukarin. But if, at the end of this, it turns out that you are my new bride... well, I don't think I can tell you how happy I'll be."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:22 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:"I have, yes. Only a very little on my own." He said, his smile dampening just a touch. "But actually, this batch I did help with, working with my eldest sister." He nods towards the sake they had been drinking. "There's a few stages that require a person, especially at first when you're creating the mix, but later on, it can require a judgement call as to when it's ready to pour from the barrel."

"Please, go ahead." He handed the bottle to her, seeing her desire to examine it more closely. The ceramic was cool to the touch. "Maybe." Tomonaga said slowly. "But my wife has a lifetime with me, of course."

His expression on Samai softened further. "Samai-chan... I don't want to give you false hope, because that wouldn't be right. But... I don't know that it's being honest to leave it like this, either." He leaned a little closer, his brown eyes intent. "Right now, I'm compelled to try with Yukarin. But if, at the end of this, it turns out that you are my new bride... well, I don't think I can tell you how happy I'll be."

"Oh? Well, that sounds great. I am sure you will have your own batch soon enough." She smiled as she touched the bottle. "I am hoping that I'm going to get a complimentary bottle when that happens though."

She was amazed at the touch of the bottle, how cool it was. Still, it was beautiful. "I appreciate it Tomo-kun..." She hesitated for a moment. "I would be happy as well, though I understand how things can be uncertain." The thought of so many dead during the Ride came to her mind. No, nothing was certain. She sighed. "I just wish all of us can walk away from this miai happy."
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:15 pm

Tomonaga grinned, clearly pleased. "Thank you, Samai-chan. Your confidence really means a lot to me. For that alone, I'd give you a complimentary bottle."

Once again, his expression turned sympathetic as he watched hers fall. She'd seemed so happy just those two days ago. It made his heart ache to see her so sad now. "I hope so too." He said. His smile brightened once more. "Well, in the meantime, I'm gonna do my best to make sure that you at least walk away from this yurt happy. Just have to figure out what it takes." He eyed her speculatively. "Jokes? Singing to you? Another kiss? Punching someone in the nose?" He swiped the air with his fist at this last one. "Maybe not that last one. I may be a Crab, but I'm not a warrior. Still..." His lips twitched as he looked at her.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:06 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:Tomonaga grinned, clearly pleased. "Thank you, Samai-chan. Your confidence really means a lot to me. For that alone, I'd give you a complimentary bottle."

Once again, his expression turned sympathetic as he watched hers fall. She'd seemed so happy just those two days ago. It made his heart ache to see her so sad now. "I hope so too." He said. His smile brightened once more. "Well, in the meantime, I'm gonna do my best to make sure that you at least walk away from this yurt happy. Just have to figure out what it takes." He eyed her speculatively. "Jokes? Singing to you? Another kiss? Punching someone in the nose?" He swiped the air with his fist at this last one. "Maybe not that last one. I may be a Crab, but I'm not a warrior. Still..." His lips twitched as he looked at her.

"Well, it was worth it alone." She giggled, before she turned more serious. "Mhm, well that is a goal I will selfishly support." She smiled, though this was a more reserved smile. "Punch a Moto then kiss an Otaku. How does that sound?" Her voice took on a teasing turn. "I'll be there to patch you up after."
Ide Samai

PreviousNext

Return to Western Yurts