The way or the day. (Day 7 Early Evening.)

Re: The way or the day. (Day 7 Early Evening.)

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:29 am

Yue let out a small laugh. "I suppose I do," she admitted. "I am attracted to women, Daisuke-dono. However, I must fulfill my Duty to my Clan. It is an easy conclusion to make." This time, she did not wait for him to offer. Instead, she just held out her cup.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:51 am

"That it is, and if you want my advice." He refilled her cup. "Which you can of course ignore if you like." Her cup filled he took a pull off the bottle. I'd suggest you pick the one you like the least."

"In one way or another you will likely spend your lives hurting each other after all, and that might be easier to do with the one you care less for."
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:57 am

"There was a man who mortified me," she responded. She let out a small laugh. "He publicly declared that he accepted me for my situation. He considered me a good friend and partner." She took a sip of shochu. "A platonic partner."

Yue looked back to him. "I am not sure what to do, Daisuke-dono. I preferred battling in the Burning Sands over figuring out the courts of Rokugan."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:10 am

"Well if he mortified you, you might not want to pick that one." He offered after a moment. "You do have be a bit confused though, I thought you might like the idea of that, a platonic partner."

At her further comment he couldn't help but chuckle. "Sorry, didn't mean to laugh, but you aren't even at the courts yet Shinjo-san. Those are at least five times more dangerous then this."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:21 am

Yue shrugged. "I laughed too. The Fortunes can be cruel, Daisuke-dono." She scratched the back of her head. "Perhaps I should marry a Crab then," she added, in regards to the courts.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:25 am

He wasn't entirely sure the fortunes had anything to do with these matters, but decided it best not to comment on it. "Crab could be good, but they generally want a lot of children. Down there on the wall, a lot of em die, so numbers are important."

"Course they also have some of the best sake in the empire, so you could always get roaring drunk, do your duty and hopefully wind up with a baby in your belly and hardly any memories of it."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:39 am

"Hai. I heard that the Badger keep to themselves," she said with a weak smirk. She let out a sigh. "I would prefer to be fighting rather than sitting around while pregnant."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:51 am

"Well, it's a bit impractical to visit anyone when it takes a few weeks to get there." He offered as way of explanation as far as the Badger went.

"Well, I don't think I can give you any advice on that front. Pregnancy and fighting don't really mix, I know mom would sometimes throw dad throw the walls and tell him 'No babies this year I'm going to serve in my unit.' though. If that's any help."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:22 am

”I may have to do the same." Yue shrugged and drank a bit more of the shochu. "I wonder if I would have been attracted to men if I were born a man. I suppose thinking on that does not matter."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:32 am

"It could work out for you depending on what clan you are in, the crab would likely accept such behavior, some others not so much." He took a swig from his bottle.

"Well, it's possible, but it's equally possible you'd still be attracted to women. As you say though, thinking about it doesn't do much good."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:22 pm

"I doubt the Scorpion will want me to be in battle rather than having babies." She shrugged. "Perhaps I will remain a Unicorn. I am not sure who would pick me among the high ranking."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:30 pm

"The Scorpion spend a lot of time in court as well." He offered as a possible way to dissuade her. Or well help her to a decision.

"I don't know what the Unicorn might expect of you, but staying is a possibility."

"As for who might pick you, I suspect that depends on who others pick."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:49 pm

Yue let out a groan. "I do not wish to be someone's last resort. I do not wish to be a random selection." She downed the rest of her cup of shochu. "I have spoken to many suitors present at this miai. They still have time to approach me."

She shook her head. "I do not wish to be a consolation prize."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:22 pm

"I don't think anyone wishes to be a consolation prize, but at the same time I'd say you have a bit of an advantage over most of the men here. Half of us will be winning a Bride that we haven't had a chance to meet yet."

"But I might suggest you have a look at the boards, find out if there are any of the higher placed gentlemen you haven't spoken to yet, just in case."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:41 pm

"I suppose that is true, Daisuke-dono. I imagine that uncertainty is not appealing as well." Yue let out a sigh. "I believe many of them plan on marrying other women of my Clan. I make this assumption based on their songs."

Shinjo Liu Yue

PreviousNext

Return to Orochi's Fall