Puppy Bowl [D8 LM, expecting]

Re: Puppy Bowl [D8 LM, expecting]

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:12 pm

"Affection can grow," she smiles warmly, "if there is some basis for connection. It seems to me that you will make an admirable husband. Long rides with the wind in your hair, time spent together, and even good sake, might I dare suggest? Include your bride in all things and accept her wisdom and I predict a joyous union." I could certainly see myself living that life, she thinks.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:24 pm

The words brought a smile to Tomonaga's face. "I like the way you think, Ide-san." He said, with a little bow. "And I think you've described exactly what it is that I hope for. Perhaps... perhaps even a little more. I mean, we've all been given this time together. It's not much, but it seems like it's already enough for affection to be forming."

He looked at Amaya, his eyebrows going up. "And what about you, Ide-san. Is that what you hope for in your married life, as well? I'll admit, I have less experience with the Imperial families than other clans. They just don't buy as much sake."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:33 pm

She laughs softly, "if I am to become an Imperial lady, I shall have to rectify that. If you'll be willing to share your time between your wife's lands and a humble former Unicorn?"

More thoughtfully, "perhaps I shall work with the Miya, with my experience with horses, I might have something to offer. I should be most saddened if my future did not include frequent rides."
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:55 pm

"Oh yeah?" Tomonaga swept a bow, grinning. "Well, for that, I certainly would. Perhaps even just for the pleasure of your company, Ide-san." His brown eyes seemed to glint for just a moment, before he got it under control.

He straightened, looking thoughtfully at Amaya. "Ah... you said I could speak my mind with you. So I will. I'm supposed to know what a person wants. And it's pretty clear from the little I've seen and heard..." He winced a little at that, "-that Seppun Hideo wants you. I am certain that he will make finding a place for you, and making you happy, a priority." He gave her a reassuring nod.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:41 am

At his bow, she had smiled, warm and shy, hope glittering in her eyes, "I should like that very much."

She blushes, "you are most kind, and should the Fortunes see fit to hold me in their favour just a little while longer..." she trails off, reluctant to tempt fate.

Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:55 am

For just a moment, Tomonaga's smile takes on a charmingly roguish quirk.

"I hope they will, Ide-san." Tomonaga said, inclining his head. "In fact, I hope the Fortunes favor all of us. There are a number of couples, or hopeful couples, that things look difficult for. At this point, I'd kinda say that I wish we could just sort this stuff out on our own." He sighed. "But, I guess we agreed to the rules going in."

Dash runs up, tail wagging, ball in mouth. He dropped it, looking up expectantly. Tomonaga smiled, kneeling to retrieve it. "On the other hand, I am enjoying some of these challenges." With a grunt, he threw the ball out into the field again.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:13 am

Bidding her she-pup to chase Dash and challenge him for the ball, she looks sidelong at Tomonaga, appraisingly. That smile could charm any unicorn off her horse, and she smiles at him in return.

"I fear that would lead to... complications," like deciding how to choose between samurai who offered perfect, yet so thoroughly different, futures.
Last edited by Ide Amaya on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:11 am

"Mmmm." Tomonaga said. He turned his head to look at Amaya, giving her a wry smile. "You're probably right, Ide-san. Complications."

After a moment, he looked out towards the puppies, wincing as the kemari ball became the center of the playful struggle. "I guess the singing yesterday was a good example of that. There were a few couples who sang for each other, but not nearly as many as there were singers." His lips twisted. "I was the first of three to sing for my choice. I guess this way will lead to fewer duels, in the end."

He shot her a quick grin. "Not as few as the Crab way, though. Two lines, no waiting. Maybe we'll try that next time." He joked.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:16 am

She laughs. "If it comes down to it, and they pair us all off, I would not be unhappy to be standing opposite you." Her comment is honest, artless.

"Yukarin must be lucky indeed to have such interest. Not that I envy her choice."

Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:05 am

He couldn't help it; flirting was a natural response for Tomonaga, fun and harmless. He gave her his roguish smile once more. "Well then, Ide-san, I regret that I can't arrange such a thing."

His smile returned to normal, with a slight worry crease in his forehead, as Amaya continued. "Yeah, I guess. I don't know." He shrugged. "Choosing is hard, and yeah, I can how it's easier if its someone else doing the choosing. But it seems like, as samurai, we get enough of that as it is. I wouldn't mind making my own choice here."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:12 am

She whistled for the puppies to cover her embarrassment, but she is smiling. "Well, if Dash should perform well, and the the final two events suit you, you may just get that chance. A few points in your favour might be all you need." She had examined the rankings that morning, before coming out to the fields with her she-pup. Some people had been moved up or down, but she remembered well how most of the samurai stood in relation to each other.

Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:25 am

"Maybe." Tomonaga winced as Dash dropped the ball on the way back, and had to, appropriately, dash back to grab it again. "I am well placed." He said modestly. "I guess I just have to see what events the Iuchi have to offer."

He turned to Amaya, giving her a faux-horrified look. "Of course, then I'd have to choose." He shook his head, chuckling. "I guess it's easy to talk about wanting a choice when I don't yet have to make it. Huh." This last was said as he realized that Amaya's whistle had gotten the attention of both puppies. "You seem to have a way with dogs, Ide-san." He said respectfully.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:29 am

She easily summoned the she-pup back to her with a pat of her hands on her knees and the offer of a treat. "You flatter me, Tomonaga-sama. I find a little gentleness goes a long way." She looks at him, "persevere, I'm sure Dash shall perform admirably. We still have half a day to work with the pups."

Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:37 am

"Okay, yeah, perseverance. That's the key." Tomonaga nodded. He, too, offered Dash a treat. Dash came bounding up, puppy-feet flailing. Tomonaga held his hand out, laughing softly as the puppy tickled Tomo's wrist with his nose as he took the treat.

"Well..." Tomonaga began. "With that in mind, I hope you don't mind if we spend a little bit more time with you, eh?" He shot her a quick smile. "I don't think I can compete with your skill in this event, but maybe you could show us a few things. I think we could use the help."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:39 am

"I'd be most happy for the company, and to offer what help I can." She looks down at the pup, "but in the end it comes down to the little one, not me, to get through the obstacle course."

Ide Amaya

PreviousNext

Return to Horsemanship Field