[Day 8, LE, Ameka's Yurt] What's My Age Again?

[Day 8, LE, Ameka's Yurt] What's My Age Again?

Postby Doji Ameka on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:50 pm

Ameka spent a decent amount of time preparing. It seemed only polite after calling him out in performance despite not knowing... Shinjo... Shinjo Taichi. That was it. She was getting there. It would be rude not to remember his name. She felt a little shaken up today, all in all. It made it hard to concentrate on what she needed to be doing. Good thing she'd made the candy for Kaizen already.

She took a deep breath to center herself and waited.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Bad Health | Confectioner

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 4

Equipment: Wakizashi, fan, candy sculptures, parasol, beautiful clothing
Doji Ameka

Re: [Day 8, LE, Ameka's Yurt] What's My Age Again?

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:14 pm

Dressed in his fine kimono, timing impeccable as always, Taichi approached the yurt of the Crane - one of the Crane - that had sung to him. It had taken a couple of days for those at the miai to truly appreciate his greatness, but he felt that his star was now ascendant.

After a short pause nearby to make sure that he was looking his best, he approached the yurt and called softly to the woman within "Doji-san? It's Shinjo Taichi. May I come in?"
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Doji Ameka on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:32 pm

Ameka stood up and come over to the door, rolling it up for her guest and giving him a warm smile. "Of course, please, Shinjo-san. I am pleased you had time to meet with me... I'm sure you're very busy." She was also dressed in one of her finer kimono, more elaborate and delicate than her work clothing. She seems extraordinarily pale, though that may just been the light of the evening.

Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:03 pm

"It was no effort at all to make time for you, Doji-san. Thank you for the invitation."

"You look very nice, Doji-san. I hope that you have not gone to too much trouble for this meeting." Poor thing has probably tired herself out in preparation for this.

A closer examination of Taichi's kimono would reveal small signs of wear here and there. He was doing his best to look after it, but it had seen much use in the past days, and it was his only good one.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Doji Ameka on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:26 pm

"Thank you, Shinjo-san. It was no trouble, Shinjo-sama... A bit of effort, perhaps, but it isn't troublesome to do what needs to be done to make a guest feel welcome," she says with a warm smile to him. "Please, come in. Would you like some tea?" She stepped aside to allow him in.
Last edited by Doji Ameka on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:46 pm

He bows his head as he enters, a quiet ojamashimasu being said. His is a man of culture after all. He casts a brief look around, curious as always as to what the samurai of the empire brought with them to make the yurts their own. He made sure not to stare though.

"Tea would be wonderful, thank you. It has been an interesting day."
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Doji Ameka on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:57 pm

She takes hot water which had already been set to heat, and goes about making the drink. It wasn't quite a moment for a full-on tea ceremony, but that didn't mean she wasn't graceful and practiced in her movements to make it. In the corner of the tent, freshly cleaned, is a wrought iron plate, and several bottles and containers of supplies, most of which had a somewhat sweet scent. Her clothing was hung carefully, and paper and an ink brush kit, used not too long ago, is in another corner. Here, as well, is her poetry fan from a few days ago, the ink clear on it, not having been given to anyone as of yet, apparently.

"It has been quite interesting. I was a bit surprised to be given the training of a puppy, but it was certainly a learning exercise," she says, pouring a cup of tea for both of them. "Dinner should be here fairly soon."

Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:07 pm

Having had little time for the fine arts, her practised movements held his attention despite the informality. The sweet smell intrigued, but for the moment he was satisfied with the tea.

After a small bow in thanks, he took a small sip. "This is good, thank you. I must admit that I was expecting something more physical from the Moto challenges. Bariqu maybe, or some form of martial demonstration. I think that perhaps such things were avoided to give everyone a chance to compete. They were both interesting challenges, to be sure." His mind drifted back towards the song contest, and he smiled slightly.
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Doji Ameka on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:37 pm

"I am pleased you enjoy it. Please forgive my ignorance, Shinjo-san... What is "bariqu"?" She asked curiously. She takes a slight sip and lets out a soft breath. "The Otaku seemed to be willing to put up physical challenges. Attempting the lance was quite a new endeavor to me." She paused. "I was glad for the contests that played toward expressing oneself, I admit... song and poetry."

Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:25 pm

"Bariqu is the Moto style of wrestling. I believe it dates back to before Shino accepted them into our clan. I'm not trained in it myself, but I have watched matches before."

"Ah, the lancing. Not trained in that either to be honest, but I was nevertheless able to impress the judges to some degree." He neglected to mention - of course - his violent unseating and subsequent meeting with the ground. Minor details.

"Your skill in such things is clear. I know some basics, but nothing special. My mother's focus was always on training me to protect those less able."
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Doji Ameka on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:39 pm

"Fascinating." She smiles. "Perhaps it was inspiration?" Ameka posited with a smile. "I have no skill with poetry or singing myself... I am an artisan by training, with the Kakita school, but my focus is on physically creating things... Sculpture, origami... confections."

Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:56 am

His smile matches hers "They do say that inspiration can be a very powerful force. Irresistible even."

"Interesting... I've never heard of confections as art before. Sculptures that you can eat?"
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Doji Ameka on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:20 am

"Hmm... The power of inspiration is something to consider, then..."

"Precisely. For example..." She opens the pouch that always seems to be tied to her obi and sorts through it before pulling out a tiny sculpture of a powerful-looking horse. "Like this."

Doji Ameka

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:26 am

He gazed at it intently, clearly impressed. "A perfect combination of the transient and the permanent. It would almost be a shame to eat such a thing, the craftsmanship is so fine."

"How long does it take to make one of these?"
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Doji Ameka on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:11 pm

"And it engages four senses... Some day, I'd like to figure out a way to add sound," she says warmly. "The planning takes a little while. I need to know exactly what I'm going to do when I start, because once it's ready I have about five minutes while it's still hot to mold it into shape."

"Once dinner is finished, perhaps you might be willing to try one and give me your opinion?"

Doji Ameka

Next

Return to Northern Yurts