Time With Pup [Day 8, Late Afternoon]

Time With Pup [Day 8, Late Afternoon]

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:04 pm

Sat outside on a bench, Liu Fei and her pup, Sidi Pups were going through a little exercise that Fei had created. Something that taught the little guy how to react quicker, think faster. It was... basic, but it worked. Just tossing treats in the air she watched as the little guy fumbled about or, sometimes, even managed to catch it in his mouth.

It was hard not to adore the little guy.
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Re: Time With Pup [Day 8, Late Afternoon]

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:12 pm

Sometime later Dong-Ha appeared, walking among the tents with his puppy running behind him. Occasionally the young Iuchi would tap his right or left thigh, trying to teach the dog to follow simple commands. "Doggo, left. Good doggo." Those close enough could hear him compliment his dog.

Spotting a fellow Unicorn with a puppy and figuring that Doggo could learn to use not to dash to play every new person he saw, Dong-Ha altered his course towards Liu Fei. "Good afternoon, cousin." he greeted the woman with a polite bow. "Herding dogs as well I see." he looked down to her puppy.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:27 pm

When he started to approach Fei readied another treat, tosses it, and smiled as Sidi Pups managed to catch the treat in his mouth. A silent, but effective enough encouragement. With that she rose to offer a bow to her Iuchi cousin, "Good afternoon, cousin. I have at least managed to prove to the Moto that I can be given one of their dogs to watch for a day," she quipped.

"Managing to keep your own in line?" she asked, glancing down to the little guy following him.
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:39 pm

Frustrated by the sudden stop, Doggo bit the man's hem, trying to pull him away from the strange woman and her dog. "Uh, most of the time." Dong-Ha reached to tap Doggo's snout ever so gently. "No Doggo, you only bite Cranes." Perplexed, the small animal looked up to his temporary owned, his tongue lolling in his mouth as if he had understood the joke. "He seems to be smarter than I thought. Never had a dog, myself."

"Ah, pardon. I am Iuchi Dong-Ha, son of Iuchi Dong-Suk, the sensei that follows the line of Iuchi Nobane-shiryo." Nobane was famous among the Iuchi, and his name was relatively well known among the Unicorn. He had been Iuchi's finest student, and the man who had perfected the art of meishodo.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:51 pm

"An Honor to meet a man of your line, Iuchi-sama," she bowed in respect to his ancestry. "Shinjo Liu Fei, if it were not for the Magic that your school teaches my sister, Shinjo Liu Yue, would have been lost to us. For that I will have to thank you," she said, sincerely. Not finding the use in holding onto the fact that by that same stretch in which she can thank him, it also technically was the magic that caused her sister to suffer as she had as well, but with Family you glossed over these things.

"I have only ever had my companion, Gokiburi. Never a dog, it has proven to be completely different, but maybe that is just because he is young yet."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shinjo Hanashi on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:30 pm

Hanashi ran past, chasing a puppy that had run off with one of his sandals. He waved briefly to his fellow Unicorn, but didn't hesitate long to continue running after the mischievous little pup.
Unicorn Clan • Marta Family • Teller of Tales • No Right Eye • Well-Voiced • Wounded
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship points: 0
Generally Equipped: Daisho, Eyepatch, Sturdy Unicorn Clothing, Tanto, Chopsticks
When with Horse: Daikyu, Willowleaf arrows, Blanket

A voice to lighten the weight of those who travel.
Shinjo Hanashi

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:01 am

Shinjo Liu Fei wrote:"An Honor to meet a man of your line, Iuchi-sama," she bowed in respect to his ancestry. "Shinjo Liu Fei, if it were not for the Magic that your school teaches my sister, Shinjo Liu Yue, would have been lost to us. For that I will have to thank you," she said, sincerely. Not finding the use in holding onto the fact that by that same stretch in which she can thank him, it also technically was the magic that caused her sister to suffer as she had as well, but with Family you glossed over these things.

"I have only ever had my companion, Gokiburi. Never a dog, it has proven to be completely different, but maybe that is just because he is young yet."

"Well met, Shinjo-san." he bobbed his head. "Though you can drop that 'sama'. I am not anyone important until after I pick my father's position... if I ever do." Chances were he was going to marry out after all. "And no need to thank me. We all serve the same purpose. If it was not for the scouts of the Shinjo, we would not be here the first place. And if not for the bravery of the Shinjo warriors, our numbers would be surely fewer."

"Cockroach, eh." he looked at her poppy. "Not big fan of dogs, I take it?" Why else she'd given him such a name. "I call mine Doggo... because he's a dog. Not very original, I admit." He knelt to pick up his puppy, taking it into his arms as he stood up again. "Not sure how this proves our value as future spouses but..." Dong-Ha shrugged. "...not like there's much to do here."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:20 pm

"Well, thank you for that Iuchi-san," she said, inclining her head to the first points he made. That was when she saw Hanashi running past. Catching her with enough surprise that she just waved back and only after he had run past had she chuckled.

Back to Dong-ha, "I am not sure myself, but perhaps that is why I am so far down on that list they have placed up at the administration center," she said with a little amused smile and a shrug.

"Though, to correct that a little Iuchi-san. Gokiburi is my horse, it is a name that fits the stubborn steed. This here, this here is Sidi Pups."

The dog, upon hearing his new title, perked his ears up and started listening more to the humans rather than rolling around in the grass, as he had been.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:04 pm

"I don't know. I am sure Ide-dono has a reason for his... order." he shrugged with Doggo in his arms. "There's precious little we can do about it." he sounded tad hopeless. "I'm afraid I might end married out like a trophy, a token for those who would create ties with us rather than someone who would marry me for what I am."

"Oh... sorry." Dong-Ha's player wondered if that was a Witcher reference. "Pups, eh. How are you managing him?" He hoped that the dog was male. The young Iuchi had never been a dog person. "And what have you done with him? I've never had a dog,"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:56 pm

Fei nodded, that was something she too could understand. After all, it was likely the only outcome of the marriages to come for herself. "It is the life we will have to lead," she says on that point, with a shrug for good measure.

"Well, I think. I have been trying different things. Not really sure how it is working but I think he is getting better at.. stuff. Right now I am just tossing these treats and getting him to catch them. Figure it will help him think faster, or something," she said, with another offered shrug.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:02 pm

Yue came running by, chasing her little puppy Gon. Gon ran around the older sister with no end in sight. "Hey sis!" she called out. She stood upright but it was clear she was catching her breath. She then looked over to the Iuchi and blinked. "Konnichiwa. Watakushi wa Shinjo Liu Yue desu," she announced, followed by a bow.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:07 pm

"Aye." he nodded. "We've be chosen for this, and it's ours to make the best of it." Not that Dong-Ha had any idea how to make nest of the mess the miai was. Between demons, dragons falling from the skies and the emissary of the Ninth paying them a visit, things had went all kinds of wrong even before the actual marriages were concerned.

"I've been trying to teach him the difference between right and left." Dong-Ha explained. "I am not sure if it works, or if he just happily goes to the side I pat."

"I should get a stick or something for Doggo to fetch. Have him run a bit."
Yue came running by, chasing her little puppy Gon. Gon ran around the older sister with no end in sight. "Hey sis!" she called out. She stood upright but it was clear she was catching her breath. She then looked over to the Iuchi and blinked. "Konnichiwa. Watakushi wa Shinjo Liu Yue desu," she announced, followed by a bow.

"Oh hi." Dong-Ha raised his hand to greet the scene-bomber. "Iuchi Dong-Ha, son of Iuchi Dong-Suk."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:36 am

After an afternoon and a day that was full and more of furry little shits and their hijinks, Yawarakai walked in from the fields surrounding the area. Under one arm, he had tucked a tuckered out pup. Little bits of bramble and branch stuck out of it's fur in odd places and while occasionally it squirmed to shift itself it otherwise did not resist the Scorpion's grasp.

Coming upon the gathering of Unicorns, the pale faced man looked at each with equal parts studious attention and curiousity then bowed promptly.

"Mina-san," he said softly enough that it would carry without interferring, not wishing to interrupt.
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Dangerously Beautiful • Blessed by Benten • Governor of the Painted City
Glory 1.0 • Status 2.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 8
Always carried: Extravagant clothing, mask, wakizashi, bracelet, perfume(applied), calligraphy kit
Shosuro Yawarakai

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:04 am

"It is a pleasure to meet you, iuchi-san." She nodded to Fei. "Sis."

And then the enigma came out of nowhere. She had seen him on the board before but she was not sure he was any more real than Moto Silvia. "Konnichiwa. Watakushi wa Shinjo Liu Yue desu," she announced, followed by a bow.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Shosuro Yawarakai on Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:14 am

"And I am Shosuro Yawarakai," he say, his lips pressing into a small smile across his pale face, "It's an honor to meet you. Please accept my apologies at my relative absence to date. The circumstances, though unfortunate, have hopefully passed. Certainly enough that I'm able to leave my tent for more than mere moments at a time, in any case."
Scorpion Clan • Courtier • Dangerously Beautiful • Blessed by Benten • Governor of the Painted City
Glory 1.0 • Status 2.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 8
Always carried: Extravagant clothing, mask, wakizashi, bracelet, perfume(applied), calligraphy kit
Shosuro Yawarakai

Next

Return to Northwestern Yurts