[Day 6 - Late Morning] Counting Sticks

[Day 6 - Late Morning] Counting Sticks

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:13 am

Hotaru returned back to her yurt after volunteering at the Shrine. It seemed like there was a busy day ahead of her! She just had to find the right gift for the governor. Now, where was that netsuke...
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Re: [Day 6 - Late Morning] Counting Sticks

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:49 am

Having donned his finest kimono in preparation for the coming day, he headed towards the northern section of the yurts that had housed the Scorpion and Crane. Many of those that he had met so far throughout the miai had been directing him towards these two clans in his search for more knowledge of Rokugani court etiquette.

Seeing a Bayushi mon, he decided to investigate. Apporaching the yurt, he announced himself. "Greeting, Bayushi-sama. Would you have a moment?"
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:11 pm

Hotaru perked up when she heard someone greeting her at the entrance of the yurt and rose to see to her guest. The front flap opened to reveal the short Bayushi and she bowed politely to greet him. "Oh, Shinjo-san! Good morning! I do actually have a moment! Are here seeking my consultations? Please! Come in."

Stepping aside, she gestured him in.

Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:14 am

His return bow immediately followed hers, and to exactly the same depth. Met with her enthusiasm, he paused for a moment before introducing himself "Greeting, Bayushi-sama. This one is Shinjo Taichi. I was wondering if I could prevail upon your time for a... time." Recover!

He continues speaking as he follow her direction, continuing to throw all the fancy words at her that he could think of "I am seeking to improve the knowledge base of my clan with regards to rokugani court etiquette, and have heard that your clan is one of the best equipped to help me in my endeavours."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:04 pm

"Pleased to meet you, Shinjo-san! This one is Bayushi Hotaru, honoured shrine maiden of the Shining Retreat." She said as her own introduction with a smile.

Hotaru led him to the interior of her yurt. It wasn't exactly fancy, using the exact same furnishings and wares that were on loan to her from the Unicorn Clan. However, she did have two golden statues (one of Bayushi and the other of Hotei) placed on a table in a makeshift shrine and also she seemed to have hung a good collection of clothes to keep wrinkle free.

She settled down to a seat at the centre of the yurt, where she moved over much of the furniture to create the guest space. It was perhaps lucky that Taichi joined her when she was having her morning tea break, and she did her role as hostess to pour him a cup. "Ohhh...am I the first Scorpion you've spoken to here? I'd be happy to help you, however, you must know that I am something of a shugenja first. My other kin are more likely to dwell in the courts."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:27 am

Taichi was just barely keeping up with her. This isn't how this was supposed to go...
He looked around a little, quickly taking everything in. The shrine caught his attention, but he didn't focus on it for too long, not wanting to seem like he was gawking at her home, temporary though it may be.

"Ah, hrmm, hai. I've had the chance to meet one or two since my clan's return. None at this miai though. And no shugenja." He paused, mentally shaking himself to get his words together. "A shugenja's opinion would also be valuable. I'm interested in what those from outside my clan think of the miai thus far. For while you will hopefully be marrying one of my clan, it is my hope that through your words here we can increase the breadth of this bond between our clans and help bring them together to make the Empire greater."
That last part definitely sounded rehearsed.
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:07 pm

Hmm, sounds like the welcoming committee for the Unicorn. Is everyone getting checks like this? "Oh, then I'm glad you've decided to seek me out to gather my opinion, Shinjo-san! It seems quite likely that we will find spouses in other clans, mine with yours, but there's more to it than just arrangement. Compatibility is important, too!"

"It has crossed my mind a few times. So far, I'm finding the miai enjoyable. As hosts you've provided a good number of contests that showcase aspects of the Unicorn and allowing us to try them. They're a learning experience, with bits and aspects that I could use to know my spouse better. However, I think I've managed to gather more insight from talking to each potential suitor or cousins of potential suitors. Much like occasions like this one. Are you also participating in the miai, Shinjoy-sana?" She asked, wondering if he was here for himself or someone else.

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:43 pm

"Hai, I am participating as well. My lord felt that despite that fact that I bear no great responsibilities at this time, I was a strong example of what the Unicorn clan has to offer." He spread his arms a little in a sign of magnanimity "I have had a strong interest in helping form the bonds between my clan and the others - this is one way in which I can do so."

He smiled a little and nodded. "I'm glad that the events have been to your liking, and I understand fully that meeting people is the best way to learn about those from a different background." He paused for a moment "From what I understand, it is common for shugenja to wed other shugenja. However, I don't know any among my clan that can speak to the kami in the ways that you do. Is this not a concern?"
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Tue May 02, 2017 6:42 pm

"Our standing in our Clan might be relatively low, but I imagine that we are still the small trickles that adds up to a larger body. We will contribute with our actions and decisions here nevertheless." She said with an encouraging smile.

"Oh...hai, that's something that has already crossed my mind," she nodded readily after a thought. "To be honest, shugenja in my Family is a rather rare instance, as the Bayushi are not a spiritually inclined family like the Soshi or the Yogo." Shugenja come rarely for us, really. "Neither of my parents were shugenja either, so I imagine that I just might be a twist of fate than a product of a bloodline. I don't mind it so much if I marry a non-shugenja. From what I've been told by the Iuchi, they are not actually shugenja. I think I would be happy with a spouse that could compliment me in my duties, at least."

Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Wed May 03, 2017 7:39 am

"Due to one of Shinjo-kami's commands, the bloodlines of my clan are followed very closely to make sure that enough distance is kept between relatives, and to ensure that new blood always enters the clan. I had assumed that there was a similar system to follow the lines of shugenja here in the empire. Is this not the case?"
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Fri May 05, 2017 11:01 pm

Hotaru gave a slow nod at the question. "You're right to assume that is the case and that's typically the case. However, there are occasions where that's overlooked and we are more liberal in those decisions being made. Much like a fortuitous arrangement or times of diplomacy, much like this one. Shugenja aren't a strong link in my immediate family, so I find myself a slight exception to the rule until I produce shugenja children myself." She shrugged on the matter before taking a sip of tea.

Bayushi Hotaru

Return to Northern Yurts