Puppy Bowl [D8 LM, expecting]

Re: Puppy Bowl [D8 LM, expecting]

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:58 pm

Tomonaga couldn't help but smile a bit as Amaya turned those blue-grey eyes on him, and a large smile of her own. His own eyes are a deep brown. "Well said, Ide-san." He said with a bow. "I've said nearly the exact thing to some others; well, the general idea anyway."

"I hope you haven't had a bad experience with that, have you? Someone at the miai, or something?" His smile turned a bit sympathetic.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:09 pm

"I feel that I might barely be the same person who arrived at this ma-ai. I was beguiled by a pretty face wearing a mask of honesty. I shall endeavour to not be so easily fooled in the future. For the most part, I have found many of the samurai here speak true."
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:18 pm

Tomonaga's mouth opened, and then, after a few moments, shut again. "Oh." He said, blinking. "Well, I'm sorry. It sounds as though it was a learning experience, anyway, I hope?"

He nodded. "Yeah, a lot of them you can trust to tell the truth. There's a bit of a difference, though, between telling the truth and being genuine, though. Do you know what I mean? It's a small thing. But lots of samurai can tell the truth without really showing you their real face. Like you said before, maybe." He nodded. "I... can play that game, but I don't like it." He shudders. "Too exhausting."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:26 pm

Her smile is certainly genuine, "please, you may freely speak your mind with me, Yasuki-sama, I should like to know what you were going to say."

"But you are quite correct. The truth is just a thing, being sincere takes character, and a certain degree of passion. I am not skilled at the game, a part of me hopes that I never will be."
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:33 pm

Tomonaga frowned for a moment, but then chuckled. "I'm afraid I was just showing my surprise. If I'd been going to say anything, it would have been something like a very incredulous what." He bowed, returning her smile. "Still... I very much appreciate that, Ide-san."

He nodded. "Yeah... I can certainly appreciate that. Although... may I ask what your duties are, Ide-san? Similar to other Ide? I've, ah, met others." Which she no doubt had heard.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:46 pm

"Samai-san and I are like a pair of kimonos. They may be dyed the same shade of purple, and sewed into perfect robes, but if one is made of fine silk and the other lesser quality, they will never be the same thing. Samai-san greatly honours our clan."

"I am trained as an Emissary. It is not quite the same thing as being a Courtier, but similar. It was the Ide's duty to approach the inhabitants of the land beyond the Empire, to ensure that we might stay or trade or simply pass through without cause for trouble. How that translates to life within the Empire, I am not yet certain."

"Samai-san will likely remain with the Clan, serving as the face for the Unicorn. But I will likely be leaving to start anew."

Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:00 pm

Tomonaga listened, his expression thoughtful. When she finished, he bowed. "You speak very well of Ide Samai-san. She really impressed me as well." He said. For a few moments, he is silent.

"And a very good explanation, too. Hmmm." He looked thoughtful. "I'm sure there are plenty of skills you have that would serve you well now that you're back in the Empire. I guess it just depends on how you fit into your new clan." He gave her a glance. "Seems like a big change. Are you nervous, or are you kinda looking forward to it?"
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:07 pm

"A little of both, to be truthful," she admits. "I do not yet know what opportunities will present themselves to me, but I do have a man whom I trust greatly to give me guidance." She tilts her head slightly, "but what of you? You will be bringing home a Unicorn bride. does this make you nervous?"

Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:14 pm

Tomonaga smiled. "That's another good answer, Ide-san. I'm glad to hear it."

Then he shook his head, grinning. "Not at all, in fact. Or... maybe just a tiny bit." He admitted. "But while Crab life can be hard, life in the Yasuki doesn't have to be. It can be rather pleasant, in fact. My biggest worry would be that she would miss her Unicorn family and friends too much. But... part of why I'm here is to be initiating trade with the Unicorn. As such, I expect that I'll be spending a fair bit of time in Unicorn lands. So..." He shrugged, grinning again. "No, I'd say I'm not really nervous."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:19 pm

"My heart is gladdened to hear that. The life of the Unicorn has been harsh, your new wife will do you proud in the face of hardness. Should these trade relations allow for much riding between your home and here? I think that should please your bride. One cannot take the horsewoman out of the Unicorn." Her smile grows, and it is sweet.

Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:33 pm

Tomonaga nodded. "Oh, certainly. Possibly with more time spent here than at my home. Working out these things takes time. It's probably a bit like being a diplomat, or an emissary, in a way. Similar skill set." Again, he found himself automatically responding to her smile with one of his own, his a bit more charming than sweet.

"I suppose I'd need to get a horse that could match hers." He said thoughtfully. "Or... can your Unicorn horses carry two riders for a long distance? Better me than one of my Hida cousins, I suppose." He gestured down at himself. Indeed, he has a reasonably athletic build, and is perhaps just a tiny bit taller and broader in the shoulder than the average for Rokugan.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:41 pm

She chuckles, "no doubt a suitable gaijin steed can be found for you in short enough order." Her eyes follow his hand's invitation and she lets her gaze fall on his athletic frame. Her face is turned so slightly away from him, so that she examines him from the corner of her eyes.

Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:51 pm

"Well, that would be great!" Tomonaga said. "I really enjoyed riding in the competition, the other day. I certainly wouldn't mind if that became part of my life."

"I guess this depends on the right sort of wife, though. I was just visiting Shinjo Liu Fei-san, earlier this morning; we've become friends of a sort." He explained, looking out over the field, watching Dash run back and forth. "I think someone like her would want... other things than what I expect to offer a wife. She's a fighter, and could use something more along those lines." He looked thoughtful. "But maybe I'm wrong. I don't know. Doesn't matter. It's why I've been looking for, well, the sorts of matches I have been."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:57 pm

"You desire a wife who will be your companion and partner, as well as a spouse? Someone that means you don't have to ride alone? That's an important consideration, if you fear that Liu Fei-san's duties will keep you apart after you are wed."

Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:04 pm

Tomonaga laughed gently. "Well, that and the total lack of any romantic feeling between us, yeah. That would be the other consideration there. Besides, she has other hopes."

"But yes, that would be my preference. Very much so." He said, his tone earnest. "I mean, I suppose I'd settle for mild affection and ability to tolerate." He smiled. "But I hope for much more. A companion, a partner... yeah. I've seen the other way, where the couple barely got along... I think it's worth giving something up in other areas to avoid that."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

PreviousNext

Return to Horsemanship Field