Wasting Away (Day 6 Late Morning)

Re: Wasting Away (Day 6 Late Morning)

Postby Otaku Imane on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:16 am

"I am glad to hear that Ichiro-san is meeting women that interest him. The miai is successful then, yes?" She smiled. "Still time to excel in the remaining events. Do you wrestle? I expect the Moto will ask us to wrestle."

That wasn't really Imane's thing as wrestling from horseback didn't seem like much use to anyone.

"So, no tall women. Respectable and keen to do her duty for her clan. And a proper samurai." She ticked his list off on her fingers.

"As for myself, I look for someone who will benefit my clan through the pairing. But, to the extent I can choose characteristics, someone who is honourable, kind, and willing to share what he knows of the Empire with my family. He does not need to be a skilled rider, we have plenty of those already, but he should at least like being around horses. And he must be prepared to wait until Almatar is close to retirement before we start our family. So no children for a few years, then several for him to look after while I begin to train a new steed."

She smiled back at Daisuke. "Easy to find this man, correct?"
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Flute, Light armour (where appropriate)
Carried by: Almatar (Otaku warhorse, where appropriate)
Otaku Imane

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:40 am

"Sadly no, it wasn't something we really spent much time with at school. As a scout, if your opponent is close enough to wrestle with you, you've already managed to make a mess of thing. Still, it might be wise of me to try and get in some practice."

As she ticked off what she said he nodded. "That's more or less it." He agreed, before falling silent to listen to her own list.

"I'm sure you will find at least a few that will be able to fulfill your wishes here Otaku-sama, in fact I'd be surprised in fact if you don't have your eyes on a few you think fit already." He flashed his teeth in a momentary grin. "And if you haven't perhaps you should try smacking some sense into a few in the dojo."
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Otaku Imane on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:48 pm

"It is possible that they will ask us to demonstrate our melee abilities instead. It would also be suitably Moto."

She smiled at his suggestion about knocking some sense into possible suitors. "Indeed, I am compiling a small list of potential candidates, as it appears I may be in a position to choose. Still, there are many I have yet to meet, and a few days yet before a decision is required."

Imane caught his gaze as she sipped more of the sake. It was a refreshing beverage. "Would you be happy to leave your clan behind Ichiro-san? As happy as one can be that is. I assume that encouraging good relations with the Unicorn is a priority for your people, since we will be neighbours."
Unicorn • Shiotome • Prodigy • Musical • Honest • Gaijin Name • Archer • Lancer • Singer
Status: 2.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0.1 | Honor: A Soul Above Question | Courtship Points: 9
Otaku Imane

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:05 pm

"I'd be a bit more suited to that. We learned a variety of weapons at school, though it wasn't the main focus."

A small list... That sounded a bit encouraging. "You have a greater task then me in that regard, so I can imagine the difficulty. I've only found the time to meet with about half of the Unicorn women present here and you are working with double that number."

He didn't try to look away meeting her eyes with his own. "To a degree I've already done so once already, in my time training with the Crane, so I am well prepared to do so again. As if I could be happy, I believe I could and would be. There is much to learn from living with another clan, and I think I could enjoy my time in Unicorn lands." His lips curled into a wry smile. "As long as it didn't involve any more cheese."

"And yes, the fact that it could bring our two clans closer together makes the possibility all the more worthwhile."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Otaku Imane on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:07 pm

"I suppose that an exception could be made. Let us say that if you were to join our clan then cheese could be made optional Ichiro-san." Was that...was that a joke? She took another swig of the sake. "I think I shall have to ask Doji Fukawa-san if she can arrange some of this for me too." She made a mental note to do exactly that when next they spoke.

"It is true, there are lots of men that I still need to meet, and various considerations to be made for the clan." Her eyes returned to meet Daisuke's. "There is time yet. You seem to be a good man though Ichiro-san, and you are correct, there would be much to learn in Unicorn lands. We still need to get a good understanding of exactly where they start and end for example. I look forward to all of the riding that will entail."
Otaku Imane

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:53 am

His lips crooked into a mused smile. "That's certainly a relief... I could try and endure if I had to, but I think it'd be quite exhausting." Setting his cup on the table he silently offered to refill hers. "I'm glad I had something that suited your tastes Otaku-sama, hopefully Doji-sama will be able aide us both in procuring further bottles."

"Thank you Otaku-sama, but I merely try to do what I think best for my clan, in any way I can." A more romantic man might take a moment here to compliment her eyes, they were quite lovely after all, but Daisuke would need a few more drinks before he was that forward. "I'd hope to be able to teach some about the empire as well, there are others that might be better at such, but I think I have at least a little knowledge to share."

"Riding, I suppose if I were to join your clan I'd at least have to learn how to do so. Even if I'm never truly skilled at it."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Otaku Imane on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:23 pm

If she wasn't so hungover she might have swooned at all the talk of duty and doing what was best for one's clan. Unfortunately she was hungover, so she just accepted the refill, but it left an impression at least. And he was easy on the eye... She sipped the sake and returned to their conversation.

"We certainly need to know more about the Empire Ichiro-san, and it sounds like the Unicorn and Badger will be working together soon to defeat these lizard riders you mentioned. I'm sure a Shiotome cavalry charge will sort them out. So lots of opportunities to benefit both of our clans." She took another sip and felt a lot better already.

"As for riding, I think you are right. We would be happy to train you though. The Unicorn live to ride, it is in our blood." Her eyes went to Almatar and she thought back to their first meeting...
Otaku Imane

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:02 pm

He sipped from his own cup, not letting their eyes part until she looked away on her own accord. "I'd like that, it might be hard to effectively use cavalry in some places in our lands, but with the proper planning I'm sure it would be just as you say."

"I'm meaning to learn at least a little in my time here. I've honestly never had the chance before though, so I don't know how it will go." He looked over at her steed. "Buy I imagine falling is a possibility."

Ichiro Daisuke

Previous

Return to The Dueling Fields