D5 [LE] Hail! Hail! Rock N Roll! (OPEN)

Re: D5 [LE] Hail! Hail! Rock N Roll! (OPEN)

Postby Moto Butaj on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:02 am

"Haha, then it looks to Butaj that you're at a disadvantage if the Lion and the Unicorn ever meet on the field for a bit of wartime. Marry into us and we'll show you how things should be done from horseback!" Butaj pats Yurio's shoulder and offers kumis again.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:04 am

Shinjo Taichi wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:She nods. "It is crucial for the task. It is part of why I suggested the position of magistrate to your kinsman, Shinjo Akil. With his injury, it might be ideal." She looks at him. "I suppose it could look like an odd sort of fight when one is not used to it. But it is a form that requires much skill. Shinjo-san should see if he watch a duel sometime."

"I've seen it before, but very infrequently. Shinjo-kami's Law prevents any member of my clan from drawing the blood of another, but duels with shinai do take place on rare occasions." He sighs "It just doesn't make sense to me - a fighting style that is next to useless in a true fight? Surely there are better uses for one's time."

Kogo pauses, unsure what to say in this moment. "It...has its uses, but you are correct that it is rarely used on the battlefield. However, it has been used by generals in order to call out the opposing force's general and slay them prior to the battle even beginning. Tactically, it has some sound applications. And it is not always to the death, but sometimes to first blood." She pauses. "I know that within the Matsu, if it were not allowed, I suspect more difficulties would occur from individuals being unable to solve their differences under Heaven's Eye."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Matsu Yurio on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:53 pm

Moto Butaj wrote:"Haha, then it looks to Butaj that you're at a disadvantage if the Lion and the Unicorn ever meet on the field for a bit of wartime. Marry into us and we'll show you how things should be done from horseback!" Butaj pats Yurio's shoulder and offers kumis again.

"We know the terrain and no one knows battle better than the Lion, Moto-san. No Akodo trained General has ever lost one."

He takes the kumis with a grin and takes a swig.

"I hope we never meet on the field of battle. It would be a sad day to face a friend."
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:35 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo pauses, unsure what to say in this moment. "It...has its uses, but you are correct that it is rarely used on the battlefield. However, it has been used by generals in order to call out the opposing force's general and slay them prior to the battle even beginning. Tactically, it has some sound applications. And it is not always to the death, but sometimes to first blood." She pauses. "I know that within the Matsu, if it were not allowed, I suspect more difficulties would occur from individuals being unable to solve their differences under Heaven's Eye."

He had to grudgingly concede the point. "Fair enough, but I would prefer that any conflicts outside of battle be resolved through less painful means. The Heavens are surely too busy for us to be constantly distracting them with petty squabbles."
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:57 pm

She shrugs. "It is not that I disagree with you. But many consider their honor a touchy subject. I would rather they use this method than another."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:12 pm

Iuchi Saksaha wrote:"Yes, I met this Yuichi earlier today. He was... um." Saksaha flips a strand of beads back behind her shoulder. "Capable, but not too mannerly. Truthfully, Bayushi-san, it is hard to imagine the two of you having the same training, so what you say illuminates much," Saksaha says with a small smile. "Of course, there are many differences between Dong-Ha-san and me, or between me and little Batul-san, but maybe we also share certain habits in common, because we learned in the same ways."

Hotaru followed the strand of beads she put behind her, wondering about picking a Unicorn's brain about their non-furred fashions. She looked back at the Iuchi once more, brightening her eyes again with attention. "Oooh! So you've met Yogo-san...Well, I'm glad you see the differences. I suppose, there are some similarities in the spirit of our duties but we are very different. His particular duties have him less around people, please forgive him if he seemed abrupt!"

She raised a finger to bring up a point. "And, oh! Speaking of your training...I've been told that there's much interest involving your mysticism, so much that some are even doing experiments on it? I hope that's going well. Your cousin was kind enough to explain some parts of it but it's still a lot to fathom!"
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:58 am

"Yes," Saksaha says with an eager smile, "It is true. Dong-Ha-san invited me to join an experiment of his tomorrow. I think he planned it with a shugenja of the Phoenix, and they have also brought in a priestess of, what is it, the Centipede Clan?"--she wrinkles her brows as she calls up the name of this still-mostly-unfamiliar minor clan--"who is said to be skilled with the spirits of fire. I do not know yet exactly what he plans. But I think if you are interested, he will be happy to tell you how it goes," she adds with a bit of a sparkle in her dark eyes.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:07 am

Matsu Kogo wrote:She shrugs. "It is not that I disagree with you. But many consider their honor a touchy subject. I would rather they use this method than another."

"I guess I should at least learn the basics." He spread his arms a little to say what can you do? "If I am to protect my future wife and household, it is better to be prepared for any eventuality." There was, of course, no question that he would master the art.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:49 am

"None of your generals have ever fought against the Unicorn, right? So it would be a first for our both Clans in some ways. But yes, Butaj doesn't look forward to that either. He enjoys bloodless rivalry more, like our bariqu match. That was good, ha!" He pats Yurio again.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:13 pm

Shinjo Taichi wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:She shrugs. "It is not that I disagree with you. But many consider their honor a touchy subject. I would rather they use this method than another."

"I guess I should at least learn the basics." He spread his arms a little to say what can you do? "If I am to protect my future wife and household, it is better to be prepared for any eventuality." There was, of course, no question that he would master the art.

Kogo internally feels a slight confusion about his comments. Couldn't his wife protect herself? Not realizing every woman is not a Matsu wielding a sword with a giant battle cat. "Some have been training together in the dojo to improve their skills. Matsu Nintoku-san and I were teaching Usagi Tomoe-san the other morning. The miai brings many of different skills together, it has been beneficial I suspect."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:47 pm

Usagi-san, a duellist? That sounded interesting to watch. And would give him a place to learn without fear of embarrassment. "Were you planning on meeting with her again at some point? It would perhaps be worth me joining you."
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:49 pm

Kogo blinks. "If you wish to practice jiujitsu, we would be glad to add you to the group. We had not planned on meeting again, but I suspect it could be arranged easily." She looks at him, slightly confused. "Are you interested in jiujitsu as well Shinjo-san?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:14 pm

A very slight twitch of his head was the only indicator that the conversation had gone somewhat... sideways from where he thought it was going. He smiled broadly "Of course! Jiujutsu is a skill that is always useful, and one that many Moto are quite adept at. You never know when you'll be caught without time to draw your weapon, neh?" smooth...

Wait wait wait, does that mean the bunny was doing jiujutsu?! Interesting...
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:24 pm

Shinjo Taichi wrote:A very slight twitch of his head was the only indicator that the conversation had gone somewhat... sideways from where he thought it was going. He smiled broadly "Of course! Jiujutsu is a skill that is always useful, and one that many Moto are quite adept at. You never know when you'll be caught without time to draw your weapon, neh?" smooth...

Wait wait wait, does that mean the bunny was doing jiujutsu?! Interesting...

She smiles, missing the slight moment where he twitches. "It does have some good possibilities. I am a beginner, but Matsu Nintoku is more skilled than I. Usagi-san has a great deal of promise, for one untrained." And one heck of a punch...

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:09 pm

"Well if you're in need of another for one of these sessions, please let me know."
Shinjo Taichi

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields