I would do anything for love...(D8, EM, Expecting, Closed)

Re: I would do anything for love...(D8, EM, Expecting, Close

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:13 pm

Kogo nods to her words, her face remaining calm. "Of course. Matsu-dono herself was not one to shirk her duty, even when it was not asked of her." Kogo takes a breath, setting her tea cup down. "One might say that Matsu-dono was passionate about her fulfillment of her duty and about her commitment to her lord." Kogo says with a slight smile.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:20 pm

Yay, Lady Matsu who was rude enough to start a centuries long blood feud, Yay.... Fukawa thought.

"I think you'll like the Tale of Genji, Matsu-san. It's interesting to read about the daily lives of, if not the kami and their first followers, those who came immediately after them. I'm pretty sure Matsu Kiriko is in the novel." she offers, looping the conversation back around.
Crane Clane * Courtier * Pretty *Perfumed *Prized *Petite* Perfect Pitch

Glory: 1.0 Honor: Exceptional Status: 1.0 CP: 13

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:22 pm

Kogo sighs a little internally. It is like a wall of webs and politeness. This must be what a siege feels like.

"I suspect I would find much of interest there. It seems an interesting book. Would you say you have a particularly favorite section?" Suteichi-san, I wish you were here. You would know what to say.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Doji Fukawa on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:31 pm

Of course, what the Matsu didn't know was the last time Suitechi ran into this wall, he ran.

"Hmm, there is one whole chapter devoted to a flower viewing party attended by the shining prince. The amount of detail they devoted to noting down the fashions of the time is quite amazing." she offers, knowing that would probably steer the Matsu away.

"It's not a question I've often considered, Matsu-san, but what is your favorite part of Leadership?" she asks, sincerely curious.

Carrying: Extravagant clothing, jewelry, money, (Day 6) Violet Fan with Horses Charging Forward (Day 8) Accompanied by Dog, Takahiro

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:03 pm

Kogo hears the Doji's words, but they seem to have little substance. She ponders for a moment. "That is a difficult question to answer Doji-san. I must think on it a moment." She ponders. "I have always found value in a particular one of his sayings, that I feel applies especially to this miai. 'No enemy was ever overcome by repeating the same strategy. Innovation creates victory.' That is what I suspect the Unicorn offer us. New ideas and new thoughts, to create new possibilities."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:46 am

Fukawa nods.

'I think they also would benefit especially from The Ten Orders." Fukawa adds. "Following the orders would I think speed up their integration and people coming to accept them as proper samurai."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:49 pm

Kogo raises an eyebrow. "I have not met any Unicorn who seems to not utilize those orders..." She pauses. "Except for a few exceptions and the Moto are new to our lands."

She takes a deep breath. "Doji-san, we could dance all day around these subjects. I am sure, knowing your family, you are an expert at the practice. But a Matsu is nothing if not to the point." She looks her in the eye, fire flaring in them for a moment. "I asked you here because I wished to know what kind of person Shinjo Akil-san had chosen as his intended. You show me courtesy, but you do not show me honesty. You speak of books of love, but you do not speak of the heart. Tell me, will it be this way with Akil-san? He deserves more than one who hides their lips behind their fan." In more ways than one.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:59 pm

So there is to be no more tea....pity Fukawa thinks.

"If you wish for the truth in the unvarnished style of the Unicorn, then I shall give it to you, Matsu-san, but you will not like it, and for that I apologize in advance." she says, taking a breath.

"The truth, Matsu-san, is that my lord sent me here to secure a marriage with the Unicorn. I had no say in the matter, but I am a dutiful samurai, and I go where my lord bids and do what he says without question. I assume that the same is true for you. I assume that Akil-san's lord bade him secure a marriage with a great clan samurai to further legitimize the Unicorn's place in the empire, and that he too is a dutiful samurai.

Upon arriving here, I discovered that we would be given a chance to demonstrate our worthiness as samurai, and for doing so, those deemed worthiest would get a say in the matter of who they would wed.

I impressed the Ide family with my grace at dinner. I impressed the Otaku family with my ability as a poet. I impressed the Moto family with my talent as a singer.

You, on the other hand Matsu-san, have impressed no one. Etiquette, Languages, Archery, Hunting, Horse Riding, Lancing, and Singing. You have failed to impress at every challenge set before you. You may as well have sat in your yurt reading Leadership. The only person who you impressed at all was Shinjo Akil, who set you aside in favor of me.

So, understand this, Matsu-san. If marrying Shinjo Akil is your goal, you have failed, utterly. As far as people getting what they deserve, you have no standing at all to dictate what Akil-san gets, nor any right to know what transpires behind the paper screens of the Crane."

About this time, Takahiro wanders back into the yurt, whereupon Fukawa scoops him up and receives a lick for her trouble.

She bows politely to the Matsu.

"Thank you for the tea, and conversation, Matsu-san. I hope you found it as educational as I did." she offers.

She turns to leave, but hesitates a moment.

"One last thing, Matsu-san. If a legendary beastmaster comes in anything but first in an animal training competition, I would think they would find that highly humiliating. We shall see you on the field tonight to see how your skill fares to mine, yet again." she adds.

/exit unless stopped

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:16 pm

Doji Fukawa wrote:So there is to be no more tea....pity Fukawa thinks.

"If you wish for the truth in the unvarnished style of the Unicorn, then I shall give it to you, Matsu-san, but you will not like it, and for that I apologize in advance." she says, taking a breath.

"The truth, Matsu-san, is that my lord sent me here to secure a marriage with the Unicorn. I had no say in the matter, but I am a dutiful samurai, and I go where my lord bids and do what he says without question. I assume that the same is true for you. I assume that Akil-san's lord bade him secure a marriage with a great clan samurai to further legitimize the Unicorn's place in the empire, and that he too is a dutiful samurai.

Upon arriving here, I discovered that we would be given a chance to demonstrate our worthiness as samurai, and for doing so, those deemed worthiest would get a say in the matter of who they would wed.

I impressed the Ide family with my grace at dinner. I impressed the Otaku family with my ability as a poet. I impressed the Moto family with my talent as a singer.

You, on the other hand Matsu-san, have impressed no one. Etiquette, Languages, Archery, Hunting, Horse Riding, Lancing, and Singing. You have failed to impress at every challenge set before you. You may as well have sat in your yurt reading Leadership. The only person who you impressed at all was Shinjo Akil, who set you aside in favor of me.

So, understand this, Matsu-san. If marrying Shinjo Akil is your goal, you have failed, utterly. As far as people getting what they deserve, you have no standing at all to dictate what Akil-san gets, nor any right to know what transpires behind the paper screens of the Crane."

About this time, Takahiro wanders back into the yurt, whereupon Fukawa scoops him up and receives a lick for her trouble.

She bows politely to the Matsu.

"Thank you for the tea, and conversation, Matsu-san. I hope you found it as educational as I did." she offers.

She turns to leave, but hesitates a moment.

"One last thing, Matsu-san. If a legendary beastmaster comes in anything but first in an animal training competition, I would think they would find that highly humiliating. We shall see you on the field tonight to see how your skill fares to mine, yet again." she adds.

/exit unless stopped

Kogo takes the blows, like the lashes of her gempukku. Stoically, with not a sign of pain.

She holds up a hand, asking the Crane to stop. "Doji-san, you do not speak falsely. I have not impressed in the competitions. I know that it is not my destiny to win Akil-san's hand at this time, with the standings as they are."

She looks at her intently. "I did not call you here so that you may gloat at my misfortune. I called you here because, as I said, I wished to know the kind of person Akil-san would be marrying. I wished to know if he was entering a golden cage or a place where he could be free in a way that I could not grant him."

She stands, her body strong and proud. "The Lion and the Crane have never been easy together. This is known. Even this meeting is extraordinary, for us to sit in the same room with our daggers sheathed. But I do not wish for Akil-san to become a bone that we drag between us, another piece in a grand game of Go that is sacrificed for pride alone."

"So far, I have not seen what he sees in you. I do not know you. You have given me a wall of sincerity to speak to and I am not one to seek to break down its barriers in tireless effort. The Matsu are strikers, lightning fast."

She gestures to the table. "I ask that you sit down and we try again. Though I may not be a paragon on the fields during this miai, no one will say that I am not courteous."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:45 pm

Takahiro licks Fukawa and gives her puppy eyes, doing his best to champion for the Lion's cause.

Fukawa sighs a bit, and turns back around.

"I don't know what answer you are looking for Matsu-san." she relents. "Akil-san will be as free as any samurai of the great clans. That is to say, he will be given orders, he will follow them, and when his lord grants him leisure, he will pursue whatever interests him."

"I cannot tell you what he sees in me. I could tell you what I see in him, but I choose not to. she adds to the lists.

"As far as knowing me goes, the first step would to stop thinking about walls like a bushi. You see what you call a wall of courtesy, and think that it is keeping you out. But it's also holding up the roof, giving me a place to hang tapestries from, offering a border of 'Here is Doji Fukawa, what lies without is not her.'

If you truly want to know me, Matsu-san, even if it's just to be self-content about Akil-san's fate, or even to be able to stay in his life as a friend whom his wife trusts....I'm sorry, but you're going to have to talk to me. Alot. My words are never empty, each answers reflects a little bit of who I am. With enough time, you will come to learn of me, and I of you."

She looks at the seat at the table.

"I am willing, in the name of peace, and for Akil's sake to try and understand one another, if you are willing to commit to the effort, Matsu-san." she concludes.

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:57 pm

Kogo breathes deeply, wondering if she is being the greatest fool the Matsu have ever known. What are you doing here? This is a Crane! They are lies and duplicity rolled into beauty and grace. You know this.

But a traitorous voice in her mind speaks a new thread. And what do they say of the Lion? Brash, angry, too stern, sticks in the mud. And the Scorpion? Betrayers of all kinds, never turn your back on one. You have seen that no one is only what their family is. You know this in your own mind. A Matsu with a soft heart? Some would call you a changeling for this conversation alone. Or a traitor.

"When I said that the Unicorn would bring change and new possibility to the Empire....I never envisioned this...." She takes a deep breath, steeling herself. "If you are willing to listen Doji-san, I am willing to talk. For Akil-san's sake."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:42 pm

Fukawa bows and retakes her seat, puppy still in hand, just in case.

"I am always willing to listen, Matsu-san." she says, her tone softer. "I am willing to discuss anything that isn't too private."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:48 pm

Kogo pauses, thinking her way through. "Would you wish for more tea, Doji-san? I could call for some." Noburu appears at the front of the tent, the puppy in her mouth, the puppy looking distinctly sheepish. "Kabu, you are as much a rascal as your namesake. Come here."

Animal handling fluff 2: 4d10o10k2 27 (Of course, here's where I get fabulous rolls. Fuck you Orokos)

The puppy responds immediately, with Noburu plopping down in the entry way. She gives a small growl and Kogo raises an eyebrow at her. The cat settles.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Doji Fukawa on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:51 am

"More tea is always welcome, Matsu-san." she offers. "Though perhaps something in a white, rather than a black if such is possible. This seems like a good time to bring the elements into balance, rather than call for even more wakefulness."

Theme Song
Doji Fukawa

Postby Matsu Kogo on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:39 am

Kogo nods at the suggestion and moves to the door, calling for a servant again and relaying the instructions. She clicks her tongue at Noburu, who moves out of the way of the flap somewhat, so that the servant is not made too nervous. She looks to Fukawa, wondering what words to say after the blistering speech she had made. None of it was untrue, but it was cruel. It will be good to remember she has that capacity.

"I am a great believer in balance, both internal and external. A fire that burns too hot cannot be used for anything but destruction." She looks at Fukawa, as she waits for the servant to return. "But I am still a Matsu. Once, will I allow you to slap me in the face as you have done." She looks at her, smiling but with a distinct edge to it. "Once."

/ooc Matsu diplomat.

http://kumanagai.deviantart.com/art/Mat ... -361550174

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts