Killing Me Softly (D8, LA, Open)

Re: Killing Me Softly (D8, LA, Open)

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:54 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:She nods and speaks loudly enough for Yuzuki and Kogo to hear, “It was a dark and stormy night, tis true. She came for me in the dark the most beautiful princess… she was of course jealous of my own strength and beauty.”

The lightning framed her approach as I called to her and sais that I would not submit to her whims and be second to her! She scoffed and claimed that even the heavens knew I was the lesser and I said, these are empty words sayyeda.”

“Then you are challenged and there was thunder and flash of lightning.”

Khulun motions with her hands as she speaks and says, “She dismounted and we came to this very spot and in the moonlight we showed our stances, the rain did not deter us. Her stance was near perfect mine was fierce and we took our measures and our blades flashed like the storm and in the end neither could prove our case to the heavens.”

“We embraced and went our separate ways, sometimes I wonder whatever became of the night princess, so fierce. Perhaps we shall cross blades some day in the future,” she says wistfully.

OOC: Sincerity #unicornfacts: 2d10 16

Kogo listens intensely. "It sounds like a splendid duel. You have a great capacity for storytelling Moto-san."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:57 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo listens intensely. "It sounds like a splendid duel. You have a great capacity for storytelling Moto-san."

“I am no Marta, but you are kind to say such for my rambles,” she says with a laugh.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:01 pm

Soshi Taira wrote:Hearing word of possible dueling, Taira arrived, satchel in hand.

To first blood, to the death, either way, there was a good chance someone would need bandaging, and if someone died, it wouldn't be from lack of care.

Find a pole a short distance from the event, he leaned against the wooden pillar, crossing his arms and waiting to see what would happen, and feeling absolutely no desire to approach any closer, given the company.

His puppy came and sat on his foot, panting and staring into the distance vacantly.

Amaya's she-pup, having come to the conclusion that the young woman was some sort of magical source of delicious scraps of meat, was obediently following at heel as they approached the duelling field.

When she saw the doctor, with his kit, she felt a warm sense of gratitude. Nearing, she remained a polite distance away, enough that he could pretend to ignore her if he preferred. "Taira-sama," she murmured in greeting.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo listens intensely. "It sounds like a splendid duel. You have a great capacity for storytelling Moto-san."

“I am no Marta, but you are kind to say such for my rambles,” she says with a laugh.

She smiles. "Are the Marta known for storytelling? I believe Shinjo Kemuri-san mentioned he was from that family."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Yuzuki on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:02 pm

"To duel accompanied by thunder would make for the finest of Mantis duels," Yuzuki offered in reply to the story.
Mantis Clan • Bushi • Cursed • Easily Distracted • Tough • Eccentric • Fashionable
Glory: 3.0 • Status 1.0 • Honor: Untrustworthy • CP: 1
Carries: Daisho, Kama(2x), odds & ends.
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, hakama, Light armor when appropriate.
Yuzuki / Kon
Yuzuki

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:04 pm

“They spin tales and keep the names to share with others so that we can remember. Good speaker of tales that one, I enjoy listening to them,” she says fondly to Kogo.

“I am pleased the Mantis approve of the duel, we were not drunk but we did our best,” she says to Yuzuki.
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:06 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:“They spin tales and keep the names to share with others so that we can remember. Good speaker of tales that one, I enjoy listening to them,” she says fondly to Kogo.

“I am pleased the Mantis approve of the duel, we were not drunk but we did our best,” she says to Yuzuki.

She smiles. "I will have to ask him for a tale sometime. I enjoy good storytelling."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:07 pm

“Lion have good tellers of tales yes… the… Ikoma, yes?” she says in response.
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:15 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:He nodded, "That's right. I remember your song for Otaku Imane-sama. Quite impressive."

He smiled, "Is that where your heart truly lies at this moment, or was it a different statement you were making? You can tell me, she seems to have no interest in me anymore since we had lunch a few days ago."

"Thank you. If I knew where my heart lay, it might be easier... I will tell you that I got to know her better after I sang the song, so it was worthwhile." Udo is being evasive, but he IS talking to a Scorpion.

"For now, I'd say it's a toss up between two, and I will need time to know my own mind before I can make a decision." He glances at Yuuru. "But I prefer to keep the suspense of the miai alive." He smiles mischievously.
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:16 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:“Lion have good tellers of tales yes… the… Ikoma, yes?” she says in response.

Kogo nods. "My father was an Ikoma scout and brought his love for stories with him. His father was a noted Ikoma bard. Stories run through our family, with history."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:17 pm

He chuckled, "A Togashi mystery then?"

He smiled, "I know how you Dragon love your contradictory pairs... so if lady number one was the one you sang to, lady number two might be the one who sang to you?"
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Togashi Udo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:19 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:He chuckled, "A Togashi mystery then?"

He smiled, "I know how you Dragon love your contradictory pairs... so if lady number one was the one you sang to, lady number two might be the one who sang to you?"

"I am surprised you did not win the archery contest, Soshi-san," Udo says with a smile. "You seem to have a knack for finding the target."
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:20 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo nods. "My father was an Ikoma scout and brought his love for stories with him. His father was a noted Ikoma bard. Stories run through our family, with history."

“Any good stories you recall?” she asks Kogo.
Moto Khulun

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:27 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo nods. "My father was an Ikoma scout and brought his love for stories with him. His father was a noted Ikoma bard. Stories run through our family, with history."

“Any good stories you recall?” she asks Kogo.

Kogo pauses, thinking for a moment. " There is the tale of Matsu Tsuko, who slew an assassin with a boken. I always enjoyed that one. She was only 10 years old at the time."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:28 pm

Togashi Udo wrote:
"I am surprised you did not win the archery contest, Soshi-san," Udo says with a smile. "You seem to have a knack for finding the target."

"I'm trained to be a magistrate Togashi-san. Gotta be able to read people a bit to do that well." He chuckled.

"Well I wish you well... Perhaps not too well with the Iuchi since I too am interested in her, but I wish you well from one man to another." He smiled and nodded.
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields