Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Re: Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Postby Asako Hirase on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:36 pm

"We have different philosophies on choosing a partner." Hirase said it easily, knowing full well that her belief was the more common of the two. "I prefer my opposite, a bolstering of each person's deficits by virtue of their partner's strengths. As for tetsubo...I think if you suggested your Clan knows more, they might take insult. The tetsubo is practically an emblem for the Crab. It is a necessity, given their Duty."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Asako Yuki on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:37 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"Ah." Tomoe chuckled and bopped herself on the head. "... You're absolutely right. And this is why I have a tortoise to remind me I'm getting ahead of myself. Just a shame Ganko-chan cares not for the arts."

"Still, I would be happy to let you keep them if they are to your enjoyement. As a sign of a beginning friendship perhaps?"

Yuki giggled a bit at Tomoe's antics. "Hai, very well, Usagi-sama. I can agree to that. I have enjoyed our times together and would like to contact you after this miai is over."
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:39 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo is definitely slightly confused, but chalking it up to the sake at this point. "Good interesting...would be good." Ahh poetic Kogo. "I am sorry Yasuki-san. I am not at my best. I think I shall return to my yurt. But I thank you for your conversation today."

Tomonaga bowed. "Of course, Matsu-san. I understand." He said, his tone sympathetic. "If there's anything you need, please, feel free to come look me up. I still owe you from your kindness the other night."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:42 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:He chuckled, "Maybe, it's not really my preference personally... So I can't offer the best opinion here. But people like letting their imaginations run free a bit from time to time."

"Butaj wonders what is 'run free' for the easterners. Butaj has an impression that being withdrawn in matters between men and women is considered natural around here."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:46 pm

Asako Hirase wrote:"We have different philosophies on choosing a partner." Hirase said it easily, knowing full well that her belief was the more common of the two. "I prefer my opposite, a bolstering of each person's deficits by virtue of their partner's strengths. As for tetsubo...I think if you suggested your Clan knows more, they might take insult. The tetsubo is practically an emblem for the Crab. It is a necessity, given their Duty."

"Your philosophy makes sense," Yue said with a gentle tone. "If we are wed then we may be able to complement each other well." She knew, though, that the likelihood was close to zero.

She nodded. "I believe the Moto know more in some regards, Hirase-san. I believe there is also much I could learn from the Crab."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:46 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo is definitely slightly confused, but chalking it up to the sake at this point. "Good interesting...would be good." Ahh poetic Kogo. "I am sorry Yasuki-san. I am not at my best. I think I shall return to my yurt. But I thank you for your conversation today."

Tomonaga bowed. "Of course, Matsu-san. I understand." He said, his tone sympathetic. "If there's anything you need, please, feel free to come look me up. I still owe you from your kindness the other night."

She smiles. "You were kind in return, for bringing good sake and conversation. But I will keep it in mind. It never hurts to have a friend." She bows to him and the Kitsu. "Kitsu-san, I hope you have a pleasant evening."

She waits for any additional goodbyes and then exits.

/exit
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:48 pm

[quote="Moto Butaj"
"Butaj wonders what is 'run free' for the easterners. Butaj has an impression that being withdrawn in matters between men and women is considered natural around here."[/quote]

He nods, "Quite. Such things are not meant for the public eye. Even among married couples, public displays are not looked on with kindness."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:48 pm

Miya Mei wrote:Mei returns the bow.

"I am thankful for your support, Seppun-san."

She looks back at Kitakuhime again.

"Can I ask your advice on something?"

He gives a sincere smile and looks her way. "Ask Miya-san, to assist you would give me great pleasure."
Imperial • Hazy Pupils • Shugenja • Knowledgeable • Conservative • Wealthy
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Expetional | Courtship Points: 9
Carries:Robes, Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan, Sweets • Profile
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Asako Hirase on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:52 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:"Your philosophy makes sense," Yue said with a gentle tone. "If we are wed then we may be able to complement each other well." She knew, though, that the likelihood was close to zero.

She nodded. "I believe the Moto know more in some regards, Hirase-san. I believe there is also much I could learn from the Crab."

He knew it too but played along. "It would be my turn to find something to teach, given you're ahead with the riding lessons."

Then he smiled, the openness in it making him look younger. "You have the right outlook on cross-training. I suggested to Khulun that your Clan might try to make a similar arrangement with the Crab that the Crane have. It would only improve things for everyone if the Empire's defenders improve in skill."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Miya Mei on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:03 pm

Seppun Aramoro wrote:
He gives a sincere smile and looks her way. "Ask Miya-san, to assist you would give me great pleasure."

"This has escalated much more than I had hoped. It was my goal when iasuing the challenge to prove my actions are of good intentions, and to defend my slighted honor. Plus, it will be a good lesson for the Unicorn."

She sighs

"If there is a death, those lessons might be overlooked. If..If Otaku-sama recants tomorrow and gives a full appology, do you think going forward with the art would still be appropriate?"
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:43 pm

"So why the interest of the eavesdroppers is so keen if they are not meant? Let's have privacy but oooh no let's not have it?" He looks at Yuuru, then at Tomoe, then at Khulun.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:45 pm

He smiled, "Because those things still happen. People still very much want them to... but need to do it in a way that doesn't bring embarrassment."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:51 pm

Miya Mei wrote:
Seppun Aramoro wrote:

"This has escalated much more than I had hoped. It was my goal when iasuing the challenge to prove my actions are of good intentions, and to defend my slighted honor. Plus, it will be a good lesson for the Unicorn."

She sighs

"If there is a death, those lessons might be overlooked. If..If Otaku-sama recants tomorrow and gives a full appology, do you think going forward with the art would still be appropriate?"

He taps his fan against his chin in thought: "No, I think a public apology would suffice. Your Family's honour would be restored and she, Otaku-sama, would be the one to carry the shame. But the question would be would you feel your honour be restored by such an apology?"
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Miya Mei on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:52 pm

Mei thinks long and hard on the question the Seppun asks her.

"I suppose that will depend on how she apologizes"

She finally says after a long couple of minutes.

"Perhaps."
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:12 pm

"Only tomorrow will tell Miya-san and I will be there to see it with my own eyes" He mentions with confidence "Honour will be restored, be it with words or blade's edge."

He looks around a bit: "Irrespective of the reason, a iai-duels remain some of the most appealing things to observe, and I dearly look forward to one involving a trained duellist."
Seppun Aramoro

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields