[D8 LA] Find the sake boy

Re: [D8 LA] Find the sake boy

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:05 pm

"A disconcerting meeting?" Tomonaga echoed. "That sounds... ominous. But what... no, a clan matter, right."

He gave her a sympathetic smile. "Mmm. Personally, I don't really see what the big deal was. I mean, I guess I sorta see how they seemed to be saying that there weren't any worthy men, here..." He'd only met one of the women, he noted somewhat smugly to himself. "Still..." He shrugged, smiling at her. "I'm guessing it fell on you to clean up?"

He frowned. There was something he could almost remember, something that seemed significant about a disturbing meeting two nights ago...
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:08 pm

"Hai, as you say so. I was just hoping that my kin could act better, when it comes to settling at our home."

She took another sip. Still good sake. "Thank you for your understanding Tomo-kun. I appreciate it, I know I am vague. It's... just good to discuss. Oh, and there was some kind of duel that was mentioned. With one of my kin."
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:13 pm

"Mmm." Tomonaga said. "I'm lucky that this time, I've been paired with a fairly level-headed Kaiu. Hasn't made any messes for me to clean up." Yet. Tomonaga grimaced.

And grimaced again. "Yes, I'd heard about that. Or rather, I overheard the challenge being issued. The whole business seems like bad luck to me. I hope they can reconcile."

He frowned again. "Samai-chan... that disturbing meeting. Did that happen the night before last, by any chance?"
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:15 pm

"I would appreciate it if they can agree." She frowned a bit, and hid her face behind her sake cup as she gulped it all down.

"Perhaps?"
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:23 pm

Tomonaga dutifully refilled her cup. His own was nearly untouched; reminded, he took a sip of it himself.

Her response got a slow nod from Tomonaga. "I understand if you can't talk about it. It's just that..." Oh, hell. Hopefully this part wouldn't be awkward. "I saw Yukarin that night, and noticed that she didn't have her jade necklace. She said she'd loaned it to someone for an important task, and that she'd have it back the next day." He cleared his throat a little. "It's just a little oddity that occurred at the same time."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:26 pm

Samai frowned. "Hai? Jade is important, right?" She took another sip, seemingly heedless. "You are very observant Tomo-kun."
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:32 pm

He nodded. "Very significant, especially to a Crab. It helps to combat our enemy. It was already on my mind, anyway, since I'd recently been asked if I could procure some jade, for a wounded Unicorn. I couldn't, by the way." He took a sip of sake.

When he lowered his cup, his expression was intent. Seemingly without thinking, he put his hand on her knee. "Samai-chan, I don't know what's going on, and I understand you might not be able to tell me. But... if your clan is, uh, suddenly in need of jade, I urge you not to prioritize secrecy over safety. I don't know the details, but... it can be bad."

He withdrew his hand. "Sorry... I hope I wasn't out of line there."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:21 pm

She frowned... well, add another item to the headache list. "Arigatou Tomo-kun..." she let out a sigh. "That is certainly useful information. I must confess, I lack some of the knowledge around that topic, but I will make sure our priorities are correct."

She fixed him with a fairly wide smile. "And if we are in need of such... perhaps I will have to contact my best Yasuki merchant friend. What a burden it would be." The smile and humor was forced, but it was something.

Finally, she shook her head. "Ie. I appreciate your honesty. Truly. It's just... I was hoping taking part in a miai would be easier. And more pleasant."
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:48 pm

Tomonaga laughed softly. "I would very much encourage you to do so." He said. "In fact, you could travel to Yasuki lands to work out a deal personally. Or he could travel to Unicorn lands again..." He smiled. "I'd certainly enjoy doing that."

Once again, Tomonaga's brown eyes seemed to melt as he looked at Samai, his lips twisting in shared pain. "You've had a rough couple of days, huh?" He said, his voice soft. "If there's anything else... you can tell me about it, or just accept sympathy and sake. I'll do anything I can." He poured her a little more sake, in fact."

He offered her a slight smile. "You know... I really did enjoy our ride together the other day. A little too much, obviously, if the rumors are anything to go by. But I just wanted you to know, I wouldn't trade that time for anything."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:27 pm

Samai smiled a she took a sip. "Not even for a barrel of kumis? Are you losing your touch Tomo-kun?" She let out a giggle - slightly drunken now- before turning more somber.

"More seriously though... I appreciate it. Whatever happens, I will assign no blame to anyone, and I cherish our time together."

Her eyes looked down, in embarrassment. "It has, but now it's better. Talking to you... helps." She looked up at him, smiling. "Is there anything I can do to help you?"
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:55 pm

"Oh, well, maybe for a whole barrel..." Tomonaga joked. He shook his head, though. Even joking, he wanted to be clear. "I'm glad, Samai-chan." He said.

As Samai made her offer, Tomonaga gave her a warm smile. "In fact, there is." He lifted up the bottle, shaking it a little, letting the liquid inside slosh around. "We've only gone through about half the bottle at this point. You can help me finish it. And we can talk, and have a nice time. How does that sound?" He refilled both of their cups.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:59 pm

"Mhm, well, we must make sacrifices for friendsship." She slurred a bit, but tried to hide it. She took another gulp of sake, then extended her cup to him. "So... what are your plans after the miai? Before your wedding." She clarified, hoping to minimize any awkwardness.
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:08 pm

Part of being a regular server of sake was knowing when someone had had enough. Samai was... getting close, at the very least. But the extended cup was too clear of a request... Tomonaga poured a bit more sake into it, although not quite as much as he had before.

"So... immediately after?" Tomonaga frowned. "I don't know. There's probably a period of waiting. As much as I'd no doubt like to get to know my wife better, whoever she is, it might not be possible." He smiled. "But a day or two would be enough."

He shrugged. "After that... back to Yasuki lands for preparations, I suppose. Or maybe those can be made from here? I don't know." He smiled at her. "It's my first miai, and it'll be my first wedding, so I can't draw on previous experience, here."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Samai on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:10 pm

She took back the cup, and noticed it wasn't filled as such... but as much as she wanted to object, she dropped it. He was the expert and the host, she'll follow his lead.

"Oh? Are you planning on many weddings?" She asked with a giggle. Meanwhile, there was further yipping from outside.
Ide Samai

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:18 pm

Just as before, Tomonaga couldn't help but respond to Samai's giggles. He gave her a charming smile. "I expect the one will be enough, as long as it's to the right person." Hmm. Could they still flirt, or was that too difficult for her now? He rather hoped they could; Samai was, after all, very charming.

Hearing the yipping, Tomonaga looked towards the mostly closed flap with a frown. "Hmmm." He said. "Do you suppose we should check on them? It's been a while, and they might be, uh, causing some kind of trouble." He wasn't exactly sure what sort, but it still seemed possible.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

PreviousNext

Return to Western Yurts