(Day 8, EA) Pupinjay (Butaj's Tent)

Re: (Day 8, EA) Pupinjay (Butaj's Tent)

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:42 pm

"Well, hugging a woman after rejecting her is neither proper or right." Mizuki calms down. "But apology accepted. Young Bataar is looking at my kinswoman and I have never met al-Kalb. Can you say I'll be able to know him better than we know each other? I might as well be picking at random."

The anger creeps back in her voice though she still keeps it calm. She wasn't angry Butaj. Maybe a little. Her anger is at herself. "I do not need your pity." I'm better than that. "You talked about me not knowing you, but you do not know me. Dogs? Because you see me with Zip?" Mizuki did love Zip, but that's besides the point. If someone had asked her yesterday if she wanted a dog, she would have said no.

"I will ruin people's lives and have a wretched marriage built on despising each other. I will be a destroyer of love." My smiles the bitterest of smiles behind her mask. "For once, I feel like a true Yogo." In a weird way, this makes her happy.

"Do not worry Moto Butaj. I will not pick you. Not because of my promise. But because I don't want to marry a man who thinks of himself as a prize to be won. Is that why you keep saying your own name all the time? Just keep Asako-san away from me. I think I would have liked her in different circumstances, but if she bothers me again, well, like I said. I'm a Yogo. If I can't marry for love, I'll marry for spite and hatred."
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:04 pm

Butaj is silent for a moment. Her barbs go in like stones in water, leaving no visible trace after a moment o ripples. He then smiles faintly. "Butaj is Butaj. He has many flaws and is not half as smart as Sayyeda Mizuki. Probably can't be half as terrible either when angry, except in battle. You are right that Butaj hasn't had much chance to know you and so grasps in shadows in search for good words to say. Those were not of pity, but of Butaj's sense of guilt for being selfish. In this Mizuki is far better than Butaj, ready to be dutiful while all Butaj can think of is how to begin a new, happier life than he has had ever since he was born, believing what his family says, that it is better without a bastard so Butaj needs to marry out."

He looked at her friendlily, without malice. "But we are who we are and we do what we feel we must do. Butaj thanks you for being clement, even if this niceness is not out of respect. Butaj will keep his respect for Mizuki though if Mizuki doesn't mind. Butaj prefers to respect a woman who he has imagined by his side as wife rather than not, because if not then it is as if he was spiteful of his own thoughts and feelings. Mizuki is wonderful even when she is terrible like now, because she now shows her strength and resolve. It's just that from the three women Butaj considered only one has put the time and effort to look into her heart and find love for Butaj not tomorrow, not maybe, but right here and for sure. If this is something Butaj would not follow and not return, he would be the worst of fools and a true idiot Mizuki seems to be thinking he is."

He nods. "Butaj will tell those things to Yuki."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:35 pm

Butaj's patience seems to pay off. Mizuki gives a bow. "I apologize for my outbursts." She sighs. "I do hope you and Asako-san marry. I admit. It was selfish of me to try to convince you to let me pick you just so I don't have to feel guilty. I apologize for that. But it would be nice if someone finds happiness in this stupid miai." She cuddles Zip. "I don't want to see you or Asako-san for the rest of the miai if at all possible. Maybe in the future if we are to meet again, we can be friends. I plan on going the Phoenix lands after the Crab. Something is up with Kyuden Asako. I could make a lot of money. Would I need to go to the Elemental Council?" And Mizuki realizes she is talking to herself. "Sorry, I got off topic. But yeah, I do respect you Moto-san. And I even respect Asako-san. But it may be better if we become friends another time. When this damn miai isn't wrapped around our throats."

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:28 pm

"Thank you." Butaj rises to offer a deep bow, a little clumsy but very heartfelt. "We'll try again when we meet again a time from now. May Four Winds favor you where you go, Yogo-sama."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:28 pm

Mizuki gives the best bow she can while holding Zip. "May the Fortunes watch over you." She then exits and starts telling Zip how to set up a patsy.

/exit

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:50 pm

Butaj sighs deeply and honors their agreement by leaving through opposite flap, intent on looking for where Tori is running.

/scene

Moto Butaj

Previous

Return to Northwestern Yurts