The Unicorn and Scorpion (D8 LA) [Mizuki's Room]

The Unicorn and Scorpion (D8 LA) [Mizuki's Room]

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:32 pm

Zip is chewing his foot while Mizuki tries to teach him basic mathematics.

"If you have two Koku and then are given another, you will have three Koku. Zip. Zip, pay attention."

She waits for her guest.
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Re: The Unicorn and Scorpion (D8 LA) [Mizuki's Room]

Postby Moto Baatar on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:42 pm

From outside her room came a gentle tapping; then Moto Baatar's voice called, "Hello? Is Yogo-sama home?"

Despite the warnings of his kin, Baatar was intrigued enough by Mizuki's promises that he found himself standing outside her chambers that afternoon.
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:52 pm

Mizuki answers the door. "Hello, Moto-san. Please come in." She shows him a place to sit. "Have you eaten rice today?"

Mizuki as she promised, has her mask off. She looks more like the Crane that have shown up than the Scorpion. Her hair is white as snow and her eyes as blue as the water.

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Baatar on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:59 pm

As Mizuki opens the door, she finds that the young Unicorn is carrying a tiny puppy.

"I hope you don't mind me bringing her," Baatar said, half-apologetically. "She's not safe to leave alone just yet."

Yogo Mizuki wrote:Mizuki as she promised, has her mask off. She looks more like the Crane that have shown up than the Scorpion. Her hair is white as snow and her eyes as blue as the water.

The young Moto looked up at her face, startled. He stared into her blue, blue eyes a little longer than was strictly polite, especially considering their difference in status.

"Um," he said eloquently, clutching the puppy in his arms. "They told me you had the evil eye. But... you're beautiful."
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:13 pm

"It's fine. She can play with Zip. She's so cute."

Evil eye? Who said that? "Th-Thank you, Moto-san. The rumors are... well. It's usually best to take them with a grain of salt."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Baatar on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:27 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:"Th-Thank you, Moto-san. The rumors are... well. It's usually best to take them with a grain of salt."

"Yeah, you're right, maybe it's better to ignore the rumors," Baatar agreed. "There's all sorts of crazy stuff being said."

At Mizuki's suggestion, Baatar set his own puppy down near Zip. "Play with the other puppy, girl. It's okay." The Unicorn's dog promptly sat down and began grooming herself, evincing little interest in Zip's mathematics homework.

"I'm calling her Gölöghime," Baatar confided. "I'm hoping they'll let me keep her."
Moto Baatar

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:53 pm

Mizuki never considered that might not. "Hai. I would hate to lose Zip. I mean, look at him." Mizuki clearly adored the puppy. "Please sit. I have some tea from the Bayushi lands. I hope you like it."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Baatar on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:27 pm

"Zip is very cute," Baatar agreed, taking the proferred seat. He kept half an eye on Gölöghime to make sure she didn't begin fighting with Zip or otherwise make a mess. "How is his training going?"

"Tea does sound good," he added. "I don't know much about the Bayushi lands; are they famous for their tea?"
Moto Baatar

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:50 pm

"It is going well, I think. He is a smart little one. What about yours?"

Mizuki pours them both some tea. "Hai. Though admittedly, the Shosuro teas are a bit more famous, but I schooled with the Bayushi and grew to enjoy their teas."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Baatar on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:20 pm

"My dog is maybe not so smart," Baatar admitted, earning a reproving glare from the white puppy. "But she is strong and I've taught her to jump very high. I'm hoping that'll be enough."

He picked up the offered tea cup, then took a taste with a noisy slurp!

"Why did you end up studying with the Bayushi instead of your own family?" he asked curiously. "I was born and raised a Moto, myself."
Moto Baatar

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:26 pm

Mizuki gives no reaction to the slurp. "The Yogo Family are shugenjas. Although... my mother is a powerful one, I was born without the ability to speak to the kami. So, I took up the other duty of the Yogo, mercantilism. Theoretically, I could have learned that at any school, but I figured learning the ways of the Bayushi Courtier school would help open doors."

Mizuki looks back at the puppies. "I'm sure that will be enough. Zip.... He likes to run around, but jumping... not so much."

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Baatar on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:46 pm

"To be honest, I'm surprised anyone can speak to the kami," Baatar replied. "I had never heard of anyone who could do that, outside of a story, until we got to Rokugan."

"Dealing with merchants sounds like a useful skill, though," he added. "Do you get to travel a lot, to talk to traders from faraway lands?"
Moto Baatar

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:54 pm

"I'm just starting out. I've been to the Lion lands so far. I'm thinking of going to the Crab or Phoenix next. Probably Crab." The Mizuki considers what Bataar might have meant. "But unfortunately, I do not travel outside the Empire. Generally, it is illegal. Have you heard of White Stag?"

Yogo Mizuki

Postby Moto Baatar on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:57 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:"I'm thinking of going to the Crab or Phoenix next. Probably Crab."

"Hmm, didn't you say the Crab lands are dangerous unless you bring jade?" Baatar remembered.

Yogo Mizuki wrote:"But unfortunately, I do not travel outside the Empire. Generally, it is illegal. Have you heard of White Stag?"

"No, I don't think so," Baatar admitted. "Are they another minor clan?"
Moto Baatar

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:04 pm

Mizuki nods. "Hai. I will be taking jade. Though I will probably be going to the Yasuki lands which are a little bit safer." Mizuki strokes the jade broach she is wearing.

But then she shakes her head. "Ie. It is a place where a great battle was fought against gaijin. They came pretending to be peaceful traders. Then, they assassinated the Emperor and tried to conquer the Otosan Uchi. The Clan united and threw them out. Since then, trade with gaijin has been illegal. It's unfortunate. From what little I have learned, there is much to be gained out there."

Yogo Mizuki

Next

Return to Prestigious Guest Rooms