Another Day, Another Drink [Day 8 EM]

Another Day, Another Drink [Day 8 EM]

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:47 am

(Expecting, but will share space)

Tomomaga was on the same hill he'd met Liu Fei on two times before. This time, instead of a bottle of sake, he held a generous skin of kumis.

And, instead of standing, he was sitting. This was because of his puppy. Tomonaga was gently wrestling with the puppy, who seemed all too happy to oblige, chewing on Tomonaga's hands and forearms equally gently.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Re: Another Day, Another Drink [Day 8 EM]

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:09 am

In a different section of the field Yuuru jogged around with his little puppy. He'd decided to name him Saru. The little guy kept tripping over his legs as he ran around trying to follow Yuuru. Yuuru figured he could train a bit of stamina into the pup if anything and so found some little rocks and holes for the pup to jump over as they prepared.

"You got this Saru. Jump!"

(OOC: Expecting)
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:06 pm

Yuuru wasn't the only one thinking of training the puppy out in the fields, as Tomoe brought her Chibi-Usa out with her too. The Shiba Inu puppy had a red cloth tied around its neck, which it seemed to still be getting used to as it chased after Tomoe.

"This way, Chibi-Usa!" Tomoe chuckled and ran ahead of the puppy, which did its best to keep up with the longer-legged Usagi. Not that Tomoe was watching where she was going, as she kept looking over her shoulder at the puppy to make sure it wouldn't suddenly take off on its own after a butterfly or something.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:10 pm

Without the Kumis she promised to try to get, Shinjo Liu Fei approached the all too familiar hill with someone else in tow instead of Gokiburi. After a quick morning run with the dog she found herself still being outrun by the energetic pup. As the little one arrived long before Liu Fei did. Watching Tomonaga and his puppy with a keen interest.

When Liu Fei joined them the little guy looked excitedly between her and this other dog for a quick few seconds. Apparently having taken to the idea of her being some sort of authority already. That was something she liked. First things first though, she bowed to Tomonaga.

"Greetings, Tomonaga-san. Quite the surprising morning we have all had."
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:24 pm

Grinning, Tomonaga stood up, his puppy jumping up with him, trying to continue the battle. "Down! Down..." It had a limited effect. The puppy stopped jumping, anyway.

Tomonaga returned the bow. "Hey, Liu Fei-san. It's been a while. And yeah." He looked down at his puppy, whose tail wagged in response. "It has been kinda surprising. Wasn't expecting this for a challenge."

He looked back to her. "How have you been? Brought any kumis?" He asked, his brown eyes glinting. The skin he brought was still visible, lying on the ground.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:29 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:Yuuru wasn't the only one thinking of training the puppy out in the fields, as Tomoe brought her Chibi-Usa out with her too. The Shiba Inu puppy had a red cloth tied around its neck, which it seemed to still be getting used to as it chased after Tomoe.

"This way, Chibi-Usa!" Tomoe chuckled and ran ahead of the puppy, which did its best to keep up with the longer-legged Usagi. Not that Tomoe was watching where she was going, as she kept looking over her shoulder at the puppy to make sure it wouldn't suddenly take off on its own after a butterfly or something.

The little puppy jumped over the log to Yuuru's great pleasure. He turned to face the pup and crouched down to congratulate him...
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:47 pm

... Tomoe turned around to look ahead, the puppy still chasing her, and she didn't see the kneeling form of Yuuru until it was too late.

She tried to stop herself from the collision, but hit her foot on a log, causing her to stumble forward and crash right ontop of the Scorpion.

"Oow..."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:47 pm

"Unfortunately not," she said, showing her empty hands as the little pup that she had in tow started to sprint about her legs. "It appears with the dinners, feasts, we have had and some other courting that has been going on no one seems keen on sharing kumis with someone who can't pay for it currently."

"As for the challenge," she said, laughing a little as the dog energetically ran about her. "I was not expecting it either. If that is any consolation."

After a light sigh, settling from the amusement, she said, "I have been well, Tomonaga-san. How has the time been on you?"
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:57 pm

Tomonaga shook his head, his expression exaggeratedly mournful. "No kumis? Liu Fei-san, I'm disappointed." Kneeling down briefly, he picked up the skin of kumis, fending his puppy off with the other. "Ah well. I'll cover you, again. You're gonna owe me two drinks, next time." Casually, he tossed her the skin.

"Yeah, ummm, hmmm." He frowned, thinking back. "It's been good. Eventful." His lips twisted. "And I don't just mean all the strange events the organizers came up with to test us."

"And you? We haven't spoken since... it's been a few days, huh? Although I did catch a glimpse of you in the audience yesterday, I'm pretty sure."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:12 pm

Catching the skin she wore a grin before agreeing with a quick, simple, "I will be sure to even the score between us Tomonaga-san, be sure of that."

"I was there, chance would say that you had seen me there but I was wrapped up in a conversation with a Lion and a Bayushi," she seemed to point out the family name for a purpose. "A few days, at a Miai it seems it only takes a few days for everything to change, hm?" she said, amused.

"My interest seems to be held by the same man we spoke of last time, and so has my luck at performing in these events," she added the last note with a light chuckle.
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:18 pm

"Yeah, things do change pretty quickly. I guess they have to, though. I mean, we are going to be engaged to someone in just a few days. That's the big change, I guess."

Tomonaga gave Liu Fei a knowing smile. "Ah, yes, I do remember you talking to a Bayushi. And a Bayushi sang for you, didn't he? And, come to think of it..." Tomonaga frowned, stroking his chin, although his glinting eyes revealed it as all for show. "I'd nearly swear that last time we spoke, you said that you'd been interested in a Bayushi." He looked at her expectantly, smiling now.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:08 pm

"Careful Tomonga-san, we haven't started on the kumis yet for you to be using your head like that," she teased lightly with a smirk. "And here I am, without being given any knowledge of how you seem to be interested in Iuchi Yukarin."

Raising the sack in her hand she asked, unsure of his preference, "Drinking from cups?"
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:13 pm

"Better I use it now, while I have the chance. Not once we're halfway though the kumis." He said. His smile went a little crooked at the mention of Yukarin. "What gave me away? Was it the song that I declared I sang for her?" He chuckled. "Although, I talked to a Kitsu afterwards who'd done the same thing, but didn't seem to actually be interested." A beat. "I am, though, yeah."

"Yeah, sure." He pulled out his usual pair of cups. "I brought the alcohol, but since you were supposed to, you can do the pouring." He said. "And then maybe you can tell me more about this Bayushi Suteichi of yours."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:43 pm

"That, and when she mentioned you Tomonaga-san," she said in a flat manner before walking over to a spot to sit. Teasing like the cruel woman she was by suddenly stopping that line of thought on him. While she didn't show it, cause it'd ruin it, she delighted in how mean it was.

Taking the cups for a moment she poured for him first, offering the cup and then poured for herself. Trying to match how he had poured the previous times, keeping it to what he was comfortable with having.

"Simply said, Bayushi Suteichi is a man I feel I can.. I feel he is a man I could make a partner out of. I feel as if we would be able to accomplish many things together, if we are married," she gave as a simple answer to start off. "Good looking too, under that mask, but that does not really factor in much when you look for a husband."
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:54 pm

Tomonaga's interest was arrested by the first sentence. He followed her over, his expression curious. His lips pressed more tightly together as she poured out the kumis; he accepted the cup with a nod. And then, when she began speaking about Suteichi, he sighed, grimacing acceptance.

"Huh." Tomonaga said. "Well, that's good. I know you have big dreams, so if he can help with that, well..." He shrugged. "Well. That sounds like a fine match." He raised his cup to her. Actually he did have one concern, but...

He cleared his throat. "But, ah, what was that you said about Yukarin?"
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Next

Return to The Western Fields