Puppy Bowl [D8 LM, expecting]

Re: Puppy Bowl [D8 LM, expecting]

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:26 am

She smiles, "they say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach." She relinquishes the treat to Dash and scruffs him behind the ears. "Look at you, I think you're a clever one," she croons to the pup. "You can share in these," she says to Tomonaga, "until you've had a chance to grab some yourself."
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:53 am

"Thanks!" Tomonaga said, taking a small handful of them. "No, Dash, no." He said, as the excited puppy began trying to jump up and reach the treats. With a bit of effort, Tomonaga manages to convince him to sit.

He shot Amaya a quick smile. "There's another thing that's at least as true with people." His smile grew a bit crooked. "Don't suppose you know the way to a woman's heart, do you?"
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:59 am

Only half paying attention to her own pup, gently using her hands to position the little dog where she wants it, then luring the she-pup to behave with little treats, she gives Tomonaga a side-long glance. "You're the one with the sake, no? On my second night I was treated to a bottle of Peach sake that was delightful. Seems to me you have a ready-made excuse to spend time with anyone you fancy."
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:06 am

"Peach sake? Interesting. Where was it from?" The sake merchant part of Tomonaga's brain starting chasing that bit.

But most of Tomonaga was here for the miai, after all. He frowned thoughtfully as he held a treat aloft for Dash. The frown faded to a smile. "Yeah, that's certainly true. I've had no shortage of luck there." He gave her a curious glance. "Seems you've been fortunate, eh? I mean, you sang for someone, and they sang for you." And there were rumors about all the sex they'd had, but Tomonaga was too polite to mention that.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:12 am

She blushes lightly, and tosses a stick for the she-pup to chase, just so she can call it back with a treat. "I have been fortunate. Seppun-sama was the one who gifted me the sake, I'd never tried sake before. He said only that it was from the Crane."

She thinks for a moment, "you've met many of the attendees, but meeting is not making connections with, is it? You sang for Yukarin-san, did you not? Perhaps she is the one you seek to know better?"

Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:23 am

Tomonaga smiled. "Ah, yes. The first sake. A magical experience." He chuckled quietly to himself.

Tomonaga was silent for a few moments. More confident now that he can reclaim it, he threw the kemari ball for Dash again. "Well... yes, I did. So there's no sense in denying it. But I don't think it's making connections that's the problem. There's... it's all just a lot more complicated than I expected it to be." He smiled at her. "Crab miais are a lot more simple, let me tell you. When we bother to have them."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:27 am

"Please allow me to guess," she laughs softly, a musical sound, "none of this fussing about with points and strange competitions that only seem to suit a half-handful of participants at a time?"

"I understand that both yourself and Yukarin-san are well placed to choose the spouse of your heart's desire."

Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:32 am

"You have a lovely voice, Ide-san." Tomonaga said, hearing her laugh, matching it with a grin. "But... yeah, pretty much. I've heard that in desperate circumstances, they pretty much just form men and women into two lines, and pair them off. But that's probably an exaggeration."

"Mmm, yes, that's true." Tomonaga said, nodding. "Currently, she's slated to pick before me." He hesitated a moment. "I do have some hope there. Still, the math of it all makes my head hurt. Or maybe it's everything but the math."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:36 am

"May I offer my advice?" she asks guilelessly, sending the she-pup chasing after the stick again. "You may say no, I shalln't be offended."

Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:38 am

"Not at all, Ide-san." Tomonaga said cheerfully. "Please, go ahead. I don't know if you've yet spoken to other Crab, but I think you'll find that we're not often offended by people speaking their mind. It's one of the things that I really appreciate about the Unicorn, actually."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:53 am

Smiling, "my mother told me that advice is what people ask for when they know the answer, but don't like it. I respect that you didn't come here to solicit my opinion, and I don't wish to impose."

"Still, I would not let the rankings trouble you too greatly. If your head must ache, let it be from good sake and better company. Take care that she knows of your hopes, however, it would break my heart if you found yourself married to the wrong Unicorn because Yukarin-san did not know your feelings."

"Beyond that, we are all in the hands of the Fortunes."

Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:11 pm

Tomonaga smiled. "Your mother sounds wise." His expression grew thoughtful as she spoke.

Finally, he nodded. "I think I see what you mean. I mean, I sang to her; still can't quite believe I did that, actually. But... you're right. I need to be clear. Forthright." He smiled at Amaya again. "You know, Ide-san, that's something I keep saying our two clans have in common. And it's my preferred way of doing things." He bowed. "Thank you, Ide-san, very much."

His expression grew thoughtful again. "In the hands of the Fortunes... yeah, I think you're right about that, too. That's been a bit of a theme, this past week, in fact." He shrugged.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:33 pm

"You're most welcome. There will be plenty of time for the Unicorn to learn to talk sideways after the ma-ai is over."

Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:43 pm

Tomonaga shot her a quick glance. "I kinda hope not." He said earnestly. "I really like that about the Unicorn. One of many things, but a pretty important one." He shrugged. "A few times in this last week, I've heard the question asked 'how much will the Unicorn change'? My hope is that the answer will be 'not much'."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:51 pm

She turns her full attention on Tomonaga, her large eyes seemed more blue than grey under the summer sky. She smiles warmly, "I hope the same. Words should not be twisting vipers, wielded to spit poison. Is the purpose of speech not to communicate with each other? Why go to such length to obscure our reasons?"

Ide Amaya

PreviousNext

Return to Horsemanship Field