Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Re: Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:04 am

Yuuru chuckled through his nose, "Yes. That's what it means Moto-san."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:02 am

Butaj pouts. "Do men do this as well here in the East or is it a girl thing, looking up those books?" Butaj doesn't ask why because he has the idea after his talk with Hirase.
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:03 am

He nodded, "Some do. They tend to be quite popular in certain court settings particularly."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:10 am

"Butaj might never get it how people in those court settings think." He shrugs. "Maybe men attending them are not up to task and poor women have only themselves and the books."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:12 am

He chuckled, "Maybe, it's not really my preference personally... So I can't offer the best opinion here. But people like letting their imaginations run free a bit from time to time."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:28 am

Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:"I already ask too much, but if Seppun-san could provide his testimony before the judges, and perhaps to Dabo-sama, this one would feel obliged to return the favor." She nods, but adds, "I have invited Otomo-san and Seppun Aramoro-san for a meeting at their best timing in order to properly meet the latter. I extend the invitation to Seppun-san to meet the Shiotome and solve any unpleasant issues that may transpire after the dispute, whichever result Heavens see proper. Otaku Imane-san will be my second."

"While I have little to offer in the way of testimony, if the opportunity to speak to Ide-sama presents itself I shall do so" Hideo nodded, and a smile at her next comment "I would certainly welcome a meeting between my kin and the honourable Shitome. I'm sure nothing more shall arise after heavens have decided the results - a duel is the end of all arguments after all."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:19 am

Moto Khulun wrote:
Matsu Nintoku wrote:"Every day I make a new one Khulun," he replied with a smirk "Tomorrow it will be the grandest ever."

"If I am to be a mighty ram does that mean Khulun is a docile ewe?"

She clenches her right fist and then says, “Docile… ewe…”

Her eye twitches as she adds, “You are funny goat. Too funny by half, the day I am docile is the day I am dead.”

"I am Khulun the meeeeeeeeeek," he bleated. "We'll need to groom you and prepare you my little ewe."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:54 am

And just like that the magic is gone. Khulun growls, “I will put pig on fan, muddy pig and name it Nintoku the Pig Warrior! I shall not spill blood today… Oh no but you better be ready tomorrow!”

Seeing the event was done she adds muttering, “I am going to tear you apart…”

Khulun stomps off, elated… angry and hungry.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:14 am

He lets a small laugh "I know." he whispered as his cheeks blushed.

As she disappeared he sighed happily. She truly was the wind to fan his fire.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Asako Hirase on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:38 am

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:Yue thought on the answer and then nodded. "Hai. The Shinjo and the Moto have similar base skills. Both involve cavalry. However, the philosophies behind both schools are different. My Family focuses on defensive tactics while the Moto are more aggressive. The aggression allows me to fight on without inhibition."

She cupped her chin. "I heard that the Matsu are famed for their aggression as well. I have also heard that they are the prominent military force of the Empire."

"The Matsu are noted for that, yes, but the Lion cannot lay that claim without being contested." Hirase smiled a little. "The Crab, for one, would be very quick to argue that point, and the Hida would argue the 'most aggressive' title for that matter. The only reason the Lion might be able to claim superiority is in number of armies that they can bring to a war; the Crab are nearly so large in numbers but they dare not leave the Wall unmanned so they can never bring the full force to bear on an Enemy in the Empire."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:00 am

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo looks slightly puzzled, not sure if the drink or something else is affecting her ability to follow the conversation. "What is unlikely Yasuki-san?"

Tomonaga gave her a faint uneasy smile. "Well, like I said, there's good interesting, and there's... everything else, I guess. I'm hoping for good interesting... but I'm worried that those hopes are in vain." He sighed. "We'll just have to wait and see, I guess."
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:34 am

Miya Mei wrote:
Seppun Aramoro wrote:He looks at her sympathetically "I can think it is never an easy task, having your life ended by the swiftest of moments, as is Iaijutsu by definition. I wish I could call on the kami to be by your side, but normally such things are not allowed. That being said, there are few things viewed with such honour and awe, with one strike all is set right."

He nods at himself "But it seems slightly drastic for what has happened here. Have you considered speaking to her lord to see if he believes her life, which is ordained to serve her lord, is worth this dispute?"

Mei shakes her head again.

"I will trust that to Otaku-sama. To do so when she is of higher status than me would offer more insult I fear."

He presses his lips "The time for insults and taking offence has passed, now we must mitigate the loss of resources and honour. But it is your honour at stake, so I will honour your wishes."

He looks over to her Daisho: "It will be great attend such a beautiful event, I will see you restore your honour tomorrow Miya-san" He takes a deep bow.
Imperial • Hazy Pupils • Shugenja • Knowledgeable • Conservative • Wealthy
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Expetional | Courtship Points: 9
Carries:Robes, Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan, Sweets • Profile
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Miya Mei on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:41 am

Mei returns the bow.

"I am thankful for your support, Seppun-san."

She looks back at Kitakuhime again.

"Can I ask your advice on something?"
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:56 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo looks slightly puzzled, not sure if the drink or something else is affecting her ability to follow the conversation. "What is unlikely Yasuki-san?"

Tomonaga gave her a faint uneasy smile. "Well, like I said, there's good interesting, and there's... everything else, I guess. I'm hoping for good interesting... but I'm worried that those hopes are in vain." He sighed. "We'll just have to wait and see, I guess."

Kogo is definitely slightly confused, but chalking it up to the sake at this point. "Good interesting...would be good." Ahh poetic Kogo. "I am sorry Yasuki-san. I am not at my best. I think I shall return to my yurt. But I thank you for your conversation today."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:33 pm

Asako Hirase wrote:
Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:Yue thought on the answer and then nodded. "Hai. The Shinjo and the Moto have similar base skills. Both involve cavalry. However, the philosophies behind both schools are different. My Family focuses on defensive tactics while the Moto are more aggressive. The aggression allows me to fight on without inhibition."

She cupped her chin. "I heard that the Matsu are famed for their aggression as well. I have also heard that they are the prominent military force of the Empire."

"The Matsu are noted for that, yes, but the Lion cannot lay that claim without being contested." Hirase smiled a little. "The Crab, for one, would be very quick to argue that point, and the Hida would argue the 'most aggressive' title for that matter. The only reason the Lion might be able to claim superiority is in number of armies that they can bring to a war; the Crab are nearly so large in numbers but they dare not leave the Wall unmanned so they can never bring the full force to bear on an Enemy in the Empire."

"Sou desu ka." Yue looked towards Hiroji for a brief moment and then back to HIrase. "I imagine the Crab will ask my Clan on their techniques with the tetsubo and other heavy weapons."

She let out a soft sigh and reopened her fan. "It is a shame you are not a warrior, Hirase-san. I may have prioritized you more."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields