Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Re: Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:36 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:“I think you speak from experience, I think I will manage, I am quite talented at many things. I am going to paint a pretty goat on yours,” she says with a manic glee.

“The prettiest most handsome goat.”

“Tomorrow!” she says with excitement.

"I am going to put a Lion and an Unicorn in yours," he replied before frowning. "At least I hope they look like them."

"So now I am to be a goat? Nintoku the Ram." he tapped his chin as he smirked. "It does roll well in the tongue."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:40 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo controls her reaction better this time. "Otaku-sama...I cannot imagine her doing such a thing without cause. I do not know this Miya-sama unfortunately. " Her face looks slightly graver. "I agree, this does seem inauspicious."

"Mmmm." Tomonaga nodded agreement. "Well, perhaps one or the other of them will change their mind. I don't really know the particulars."

He shrugged. "At least the singing doesn't seem to have caused other problems." After a few moments, he blinked. "I think that's the stupidest thing I've said in a while. Never mind. At least there's just the one duel." So far.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:41 pm

Matsu Nintoku wrote:"I am going to put a Lion and an Unicorn in yours," he replied before frowning. "At least I hope they look like them."

"So now I am to be a goat? Nintoku the Ram." he tapped his chin as he smirked. "It does roll well in the tongue."

"Another Mag-num Opi?" she says clapping her hands.

"Nintoku the Mighty Ram, I like it."
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:57 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo controls her reaction better this time. "Otaku-sama...I cannot imagine her doing such a thing without cause. I do not know this Miya-sama unfortunately. " Her face looks slightly graver. "I agree, this does seem inauspicious."

"Mmmm." Tomonaga nodded agreement. "Well, perhaps one or the other of them will change their mind. I don't really know the particulars."

He shrugged. "At least the singing doesn't seem to have caused other problems." After a few moments, he blinked. "I think that's the stupidest thing I've said in a while. Never mind. At least there's just the one duel." So far.

She blinks but decides to let it pass. "Hopefully things goes smoother as the day goes on. Who knows what will happen?" She thinks a moment. "Were there any other notable songs before I arrived?" Because it appears I must not be late ever again if this is what happens when I am late.
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:22 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:
Matsu Nintoku wrote:"I am going to put a Lion and an Unicorn in yours," he replied before frowning. "At least I hope they look like them."

"Another Mag-num Opi?" she says clapping her hands.

"Nintoku the Mighty Ram, I like it."

"Every day I make a new one Khulun," he replied with a smirk "Tomorrow it will be the grandest ever."

"If I am to be a mighty ram does that mean Khulun is a docile ewe?"
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:23 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:
She blinks but decides to let it pass. "Hopefully things goes smoother as the day goes on. Who knows what will happen?" She thinks a moment. "Were there any other notable songs before I arrived?" Because it appears I must not be late ever again if this is what happens when I am late.

Tomonaga spread his hands. "I'm afraid I'm not exactly sure what you mean, Matau-san. I'd wager that many songs were notable for the person singing them and the person they were singing them for. And no doubt others." He sighed. "But, with one exception, I don't know the stories behind any of those, so I can't say if they were notable or not."

He took a drink of his own cup. "Was there something more particular you wanted to know, Matsu-san?"
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:27 pm

She shakes her head. "No Yasuki-san. I fear I am not expressing myself well at this time." She runs a hand through her hair. "It has been an odd sort of day."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:29 pm

Yuuru paid attention while Saksaha sang until it became obvious she wasn't singing about him. An inner part of him sighed...

This event has been rather revealing... Looks like I'm in a bit of a bind...
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:37 pm

Tomonaga smiled slightly at that. "Yeah, it certainly has. I'll drink to that. Kitsu-san?" Once more, he refilled Takashi's cup, and offered Kogo a cup again. It seemed like a good time for it.

Tomonaga leaned a little closer to Kogo, his voice dropping lower. "I think to really find out which ones are notable, we'll have to wait. Tomorrow, perhaps." He shrugged.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:44 pm

She takes the cup, a little more grateful for it now. She sips from the cup. She notes the whisper as well. "Tomorrow will be an interesting day, I suspect."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:15 am

Asako Hirase wrote:"Ah, that makes sense." He nodded, not going into the usual condescending 'oh, you're so brave' that he was sure she'd hearde a hundred times before. Instead, he offered, "We see that sometimes when mystic ability appears in a child late. Most of t he time, the Isawa can tell before schooling age, but every now and then someone is a late bloomer. Thankfull there is enough synergy between most of the paths we walk that early learning is no drawback to what a child must know before he or she is allowed to take their Name. "

Yue thought on the answer and then nodded. "Hai. The Shinjo and the Moto have similar base skills. Both involve cavalry. However, the philosophies behind both schools are different. My Family focuses on defensive tactics while the Moto are more aggressive. The aggression allows me to fight on without inhibition."

She cupped her chin. "I heard that the Matsu are famed for their aggression as well. I have also heard that they are the prominent military force of the Empire."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Moto Butaj on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:32 am

"Oooh, Butaj understands your dilemma then, if there are as many as three. Butaj also has three opportunities and was torn how to approach the event, but Asako Yuki dispelled doubts in Butaj. Butaj sees some ignore those who seek them in romance, but this is not Butaj. He knows that Yuki is not horsing around, she sang true, with honesty and courage. Her heart has spoken. Butaj could not play games after that, had to let his heart speak too." He sighs, listening to Misa's song. "This is all very confusing."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Moto Khulun on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:33 am

Matsu Nintoku wrote:"Every day I make a new one Khulun," he replied with a smirk "Tomorrow it will be the grandest ever."

"If I am to be a mighty ram does that mean Khulun is a docile ewe?"

She clenches her right fist and then says, “Docile… ewe…”

Her eye twitches as she adds, “You are funny goat. Too funny by half, the day I am docile is the day I am dead.”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Ide Amaya on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:33 am

Once the scores were announced, and the spectators freed of their obligations to stay any longer, Amaya downs the rest of her sake and leaves the stands. Too many people...

/exit
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:36 am

Moto Butaj wrote:"Oooh, Butaj understands your dilemma then, if there are as many as three. Butaj also has three opportunities and was torn how to approach the event, but Asako Yuki dispelled doubts in Butaj. Butaj sees some ignore those who seek them in romance, but this is not Butaj. He knows that Yuki is not horsing around, she sang true, with honesty and courage. Her heart has spoken. Butaj could not play games after that, had to let his heart speak too." He sighs, listening to Misa's song. "This is all very confusing."

He nodded, "I wish I had the same bit of clarity you seem to have been blessed with. I'm glad for you Moto-san."

He smiled, "I was told to romance the one I marry and not try to marry the ones I romance... Maybe I need to do a bit more of the romancing before marriage if I want them to sing songs about me in public."

He chuckled.
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields