Here comes Oblivion. (Day 7 Early night Daisuke's Yurt)

Here comes Oblivion. (Day 7 Early night Daisuke's Yurt)

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:34 am

Daisuke had made his way back to his yurt after his meal with Kitakuhime, the food had served to sober him up a little, but he didn't intend to stop drinking yet. Ducking into his yurt he left the door open allowing the night to intrude upon his temporary home. Finding a comfortable spot on a few of the cushions provided by his host he poured himself a cup of from his nearly empty shochu bottle, before picking up his carving supplies. Might as well do something if he was going to be up drinking.
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Re: Here comes Oblivion. (Day 7 Early night Daisuke's Yurt)

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:46 am

A wandering Iuchi spots the light burning and a flash of familiar colors through the opened tent door. Saksaha wanders a bit closer and scratches nomad-politely at the felt "Ichiro-san? Is this your tent? It is me, Iuchi Saksaha."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:04 am

"Oh, Yes." He lurched to his feet, his carving temporarily forgotten. "Please come in Iuchi-san." He beckoned her to come inside, his movements slightly exaggerated. "I'll have to ask you to excuse the mess, I wasn't expecting company."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:00 am

"I did not expect to be company." She shrugs a little and ducks inside at his invitation. "I could not sleep, and went for a walk. And saw your light."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:28 am

"Well you are welcome all the same." He smiled warmly she at least was a face he was happy to see tonight. "And I do recall owing you a drink or two." He gestured towards some cushions.. "So have a seat, and I'll pour you one. Do you have a preference between shochu and sake?"

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:39 am

"Thank you." She smiles. Daisuke is good people, anyway, thank goodness. She doesn't realize her thoughts are somewhat mirroring his in this.

As she folds herself down onto a cushion--legs folded, rather than with her heels tucked under her as a Rokugani girl might do, though her voluminous wool skirts and trousers make either pose equally modest--she says, "Which should I prefer? I liked this sake well enough, but I have not tried shochu. Which are you drinking?"

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:06 am

"Shochu, it seemed like a good day for Shochu." He nodded, probably too himself but one could never tell. "It's a bit stronger then sake though, so not everyone enjoys it." He went to fetch his bottle of sake, and a spare cup, ready to pour whichever she picked.

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:24 am

"I will try it," Saksaha says with a nod. "I don't fear strong drink," she adds with a quick grin. "Half my family are Moto. I do not remember if I said this before."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:01 am

"You seemed a bit apprehensive about it the last time we talked, so i decided to ask Iuchi-san." He poured her a cup and passed it in her to her. "Half your family is Moto? You may have mentioned it, but I don't recall." She didn't seem very motoish either.

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:16 pm

Saksaha bows her head as she accepts the cup. "Thanks."

"Yes, my father and my mother's mother," she explains. "Grandmother was a meishodoka and married Iuchi, but she was never less Moto for this," she adds with a slightly wry smile. She holds the cup of shochu a little closer to her face to see its color--clear like sake, but she supposes that could be deceptive--and test its smell.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:49 pm

He took his seat, moving to pick up his own cup and take a sip as he listens to her talk. He wasn't certain what a meishodoka, and in normal cases he might ask, but he had drunk a bit too much for that today.

"What of yourself then? Do you think of yourself as more Iuchi, or more a moto?"

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:59 am

Saksaha lifts her cup to Daisuke--"Omiki... I mean, kampai,"-- and takes a small sip herself. She raises her eyebrows, pleasantly surprised at the smoothness of the drink. Well, compared to the arkhi her uncle distills from fermented yak's milk, anyway, definitely.

"Mm. My heart-mind is Iuchi, but my belly is Moto. If this makes sense." She frowns slightly; it had sounded better in her head, in the original Ujik-hai. She tries to explain further, pressing her free hand against her stomach to show what she means. "The belly is where you feel the fire of hot emotions. If you are angry, if you are afraid, if you are embarrassed, things such as this. It is not where you think, or feel gentler things." Her hand moves up to spread over her heart.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:28 am

"Kampai." He returns taking a sip himself, setting his cup aside for the moment he went to pick u his carving supplies. You don't mind if I carve while i chat do you?'

"So you feel from two different places then?" He asked somewhat curious. What does it mean to have the stomach of a Moto then? Are those eotions stronger? Or?"

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:54 pm

"No... what are you making?" She leans over to get a closer look at the project, whatever it is, her long braid slipping forward over her shoulder as she does.

"Well, I do not know if you have met many Moto," she explains, "If you did, you maybe have guessed that by nature they often react strongly to things, act on instinct. A good Moto is proud and brash. They keep up the boldness and daring of their ancestors.

"Now, my Iuchi ancestors looked before leaping. Our magic comes from one who could keep his head down in a city of foreign sorcerers until he learned their knowledge, then be patient until he could transform it into his own. Iuchi consider the greatest mistake of our line was once reacting without enough calculation, working a battle magic that closed a pass the tribe needed to cross by accident." She smiles ruefully and helps herself to another sip of liquor. "Maybe you can imagine, to feel as the first of these but think as the second has some advantages and some disadvantages."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:42 pm

"A hawk." He replied, showing Saksahathe piece of wood he was working on. Sadly it didn't really look like anything as he had just started.

"I don't think I've met any Moto honestly." He'd heard s great deal of rumors about them though. "They do sound, interesting though." That was a good way to put it, right?

"I could only imagine, though it sounds like you have two natures pulling in opposite directions. So I admit I only see disadvantages."

Ichiro Daisuke

Next

Return to Western Yurts