Walk through the Fire (D7, EE, Open)

Re: Walk through the Fire (D7, EE, Open)

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:01 pm

Hiroji could not help himself. He looked up at the tiny Moshi, and grimaced. He spoke, his tone angry, control slipping and judgment clouding. "This creature, this MONSTER... You called it a visitor, unwelcomed or not... And you have met it, yes? Why are you still here? Or is it dead by your hand? WELL?! Did you even battle it?!"
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:32 pm

Kogo steps up in front of the Hiroji, looking him straight in the eye, squaring up to him, steel in her eye. "Hiroji-sama, I am the host of this function, casual though it may be. I ask you to stand down for a moment. Though these words are deeply disturbing, screaming at others will not help, and it plays into the hands of those who might seek to divide those of the Empire against each other." She looks at him, a moment of compassion in her eyes along with the steel. "You do your family honor. Stand down."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:39 pm

Hiroji responds to Kogo's stare. There is fire behind his eyes, their flames only slightly dampened by his impressive self control. He is silent for a moment as he wrestles with himself. "I..." He stops the sentence before it starts. He closed his eyes, bows deeply to her and sits back on the ground. He keeps his eyes closed, but his face is still contorted in a grimace. Words are a blade. This is not a battle to be fought by me. He thinks, as he falls into silence.
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:44 pm

She bows to him as well, acknowledging the difficulty of his choice. "Moshi-san, could you start from the beginning of your tale? I suspect that a little more clarity would help in this matter."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:36 pm

Taichi had been taking this all in with patience. The survivors of the Dark Ride knew that some threats were too large for a small group, and needed to be brought to the attention of all. His voice and manner was very carefully measured to encourage her to speak freely.
"I'm aware that there was some talk among members of my clan about meeting with a visitor, but beyond that I don't know anything. Would this be what you are referring to, Moshi-san?"
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:00 pm

"Hai Shinjo sama..."The Moshi nodded as her voice was a soothing one trying to calm the young Kaiu. "I had a dream two nights ago. It bore the mon of the legions Kaiu sama fights more a nightmare than a dream. It guided me to the fields. I arrived a bit late at this gathering. The people departed from this tsukai. Except a few of us." She took a deep breath. "He claimed to be the Onyx champion... and wanted to share a proposal with them. It seems that Shinjo no Kami is being captured... if I understood correctly..." She tried to deliver this as slowly as she could so Asakiko paused.
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:16 pm

Kogo takes several deep breaths as she listens to the Moshi's story and Shinjo Taichi's words. She seeks her balance but inside, her emotions roil. " Moshi-san, Shinjo-san, what you say is....deeply disturbing. You say that several of the Unicorn met with this Tsukai, claiming to be the Champion, as well as yourself. And that...he had information of Lady Shinjo. But even the act...of meeting with one such as this.." She breathes deep.

"You are not the first person this miai to ask me where one might find jade. " I will not hesitate, as I did before. Who knows if it would have saved Chi-pu's life? She pulls out her finger of jade. "The last one did not live to hear the answer." She looks at Hiroji-san, thinking of saying something, but deciding against it. "What do you need it for?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:20 pm

His face had visibly hardened at the mention of Shinjo's capture, his whole body suddenly very tense. "I... was not aware of the nature of the visitor, only that there was one." His tone carried a mix of regret at his lack of knowledge and some frustration at being excluded.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:21 pm

Kogo's body relaxes a tinch at Taichi's admission. Perhaps few knew. But who did? Could the disease the Moshi speaks of be taint? Is this the War of Hidden Honor all over? "I am glad of that Shinjo-san." She waits with the jade in hand for the Moshi's response.

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:25 am

Hideo, who had remained quiet while his player recovered, listened to the tale with a neutral expression.
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:55 am

Hiroji opened his eyes and looked to Taichi and the Tiny Moshi. He had calmed a bit, but was still quite visibly angry. His voice was steady, although dripping with anger and bafflement. "Several Unicorn? And the Tsukai is not dead? What, you heard out his proposal and did not recognise it for the lies and deceit it obviously is?"

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Moshi Asakiko on Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:47 am

"Hai... He lives. If we had attacked then we wouldn't be here to give the message." She looked at the Matsu. "It is better to know the enemy's plan than attack blindly, neh?"
☆Centipede Clan ☆Shugenja ☆Small (4'8") ☆Peaceful ☆Kind of famous for divination

Honor: What it is expected. Glory: 2 Status: 1 CP: 1
Moshi Asakiko

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:12 am

Hiroji sighs. "In my experience a plan is a rarity among this particular enemy... But I suppose you are right Moshi-san." He says, his grimace fading slightly, but not disappearing. "Still, I find it strange the unicorn would accept an invitation to a meeting like this. How would one even be invited to it?" He says, teeth gritted again.

"..."

Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Seppun Hideo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:18 am

"It is not our place to question the Unicorn, Kaiu-san" Hideo commented as he turned back to the fire "if you are concerned, I'm sure you can inform the Jade magistrates."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Matsu Kogo on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:26 pm

Kogo watches the conversation spiral, still not having received an answer to why the jade is required. She still holds it in her hand but brings it closer. "Akodo-no-kami says, 'Allow the scout to pass, and the true target will reveal itself shortly thereafter.' There is possible wisdom here. But there is great danger as well." She looks to the Hiroji who seems tense, but calm enough. "Moshi-san, have you told others of this meeting?"

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

PreviousNext

Return to Northern Yurts