[D6 LM] Open spaces

Re: [D6 LM] Open spaces

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:22 am

He smiled warmly, "I do as well! Perhaps you'd be so kind as to enjoy a bit of sport with me? Whatever kind of contest you'd like. Perhaps a game from your people?"
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:35 am

"I have never been good at games and contests of sport," she admits. "These things are more for warriors than priests. I never needed rules for my play, or wanted any."
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description
"I'm not good, I'm not nice, I'm just right/I'm the Witch/You're the world."

Speaks Mekhem (with an Ujik-hai accent) and Rokugani.
On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:38 am

He smiled and nodded, "Very well. What is something you'd enjoy doing? I'm up for anything. Like I said, I'm interested in learning more about you."

He tilted his head and smiled pleadingly, "Come on. Give me a chance. I'm not that bad a guy."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:54 am

"When did I say you were?" Saksaha raises an eyebrow. "I suppose you have no horse to go riding with me. That is a great pity. It is how most of my kin court, you know."

She laughs a little and then rubs her cheek. "And I would not swim in the water we have here now. What else is there to do here besides walk, or sit in tents and drink tea like in winter camp? We might borrow bows and go shooting, maybe? I have no great skill at this, either, but it is at least interesting." She shrugs diffidently.
Unicorn Clan • Priestess • Spiritwalker • Gives Love A Bad Name (Infamy)• Future Togashi???
Honor: What is Expected • Glory: 0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Status: 1 • Courtship Points: -1 • Description

On her person: embroidered wool robes, various dangling meishodo charms, belt pouch, kiseru, tanto, wakizashi.
Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:59 am

He smiled, "What of your meishodo? Perhaps you could show me how it is done? How does one learn to use these 'words of power'... is that what you called them?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:25 pm

"I could show you how it looks to a layperson, though I do not know how much you will make of it," she says, smiling openly enough. "I have talked somewhat with shugenja of other Clans since I came here, and I learn that while our disciplines are different, we pass through long studies of a similar kind."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:27 pm

He smiled and nodded, "I'd like to see it if you have a chance. Can you imbue any object with your blessings?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:31 pm

She shakes her head. "Not anything." One hand goes to the collection of charms and amulets dangling at her breast. "You must make a specially prepared charm for each prayer, not too big or too small, with the proper rituals. Though once it is made, any meishodoka can use it, if she knows what it is for."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:23 pm

"That's rather impressive... Perhaps next time we meet you can show me a bit of what it is you do?" He said with a smile.
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:00 am

"Why not?" She tilts her head and shrugs, still smiling somewhat. "In a day or two, maybe?" If I am alive after tonight. She pushes that thought far away. Right now she's in a sunny field of flowers with a cute if slightly silly boy, and there's no sense dwelling on darkness.

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:03 am

He smiles and nods, "Sounds wonderful."

Had he known he as both cute and silly he might have chuckled a bit more, but since mind-melding was not one of his skills yet, he merely smiled as they walked through the field.

"So... what is it you are looking for in a spouse then Iuchi-san?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:45 am

"Mm." Saksaha looks rather thoughtful at this. "When I first come here I think I should not have too many expectations. I do not know what men of other Clans are like, after all, and the choice maybe will not be mine. But after these several days, I find this is not as wise as I thought. Really it is a kind of fantasy, even though I thought I had none of this." She sighs. "Because what I am really expecting is that I will know the right man when I meet him, like in some tale, or he will know me."

She gives the yellow flower, now a little draggled, another twirl between her fingertips. "Now I have taken some more thought. I think it is best to find someone with good sense and responsibility, but not boring. Someone who thinks, and will still be good company when we are both old and ugly. I do not mind a man who likes to have his head sometimes"--a horsey expression which might perhaps be misinterpreted in several other ways by a non-rider, though of course this does not occur to her--"but he cannot always have the bit in his teeth, or we would not get on--I am enough my grandmother's granddaughter in this. And I would not be happy if I am an oddity to his family, or some prize foreign artifact to collect.

"Of course," she sighs again, "depending how things fall out, any of this this may be only wishes. But I may have my preferences all the same."

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:51 am

He smiled and nodded, "So if I heard you right, a man who is responsible but fun, got a good head on his shoulders and can have a conversation, who can be somewhat independent... now this is where you'll need to help me... what did that bit about the bit mean?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Iuchi Saksaha on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:15 am

"Huh? The bit about the bit about... Oh, that." It takes her a moment or three to figure out what he's asking. Then she has to think again about how to explain something that's almost as basic to a Unicorn as walking. Well, first you step with your right foot, then your left foot... "Um. Well, have you ridden horses before? Or... have you seen a horse tacked up to ride?"

Iuchi Saksaha

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:17 am

He nodded, "The bit goes in his mouth to help control him right? A man having a bit in his mouth... what would that mean'? You said you wouldn't want that too much."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

PreviousNext

Return to Archery Field