Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Re: Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Postby Shinjo Monkhbaatar on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:49 am

Mokhbaatar was present for the performances and appreciative of those dedicated to him. The format may fly in the face of propriety and etiquette and be generally considered dishonorable by the empire at large... but that was not why he wasn't participating.

He wasn't participating because the Moto were getting ahead of themselves as usual and it was not time to make a decision. He was not going to do so before it was time and the Moto can suck an egg if they don't like it. From his point of view this event can only serve to lead to broken hearts and hurt feelings. But he wasn't going to let the feelings of those who chose to share them fall on deaf ears.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Fortunate • Daring
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 2

Equipment: Daisho, armor, yumi, sake cup, bottle of water, knife, Meushi
Shinjo Monkhbaatar

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:50 am

Yuuru nodded, "I'm sure wherever you'll go you'll thrive Moto-san. You've shown yourself to be quite diverse in your skills during this miai."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:51 am

Seppun Hideo wrote:"I cannot speak for Miya-san. I don't know exactly what was said that has offended you so. I just...wish to find a resolution" Hideo sighed sadly, looking in the direction of the Miya for a moment as he brought his purple fan up to tap his chin thoughtfully.

She will be just as stubborn, and will not admit wrong. She's Crane trained, and they're all the same after all.

He turned back to Kita, a nod to her. "I shall converse with her, and hopefully explain the reasons behind your actions.
However...perhaps it is now unrecoverable, as much as it pains me to admit. Know that regardless of the result, this Imperial will think no less of you. He will just wish it could have been resolved without more blood being spilt. Is there any more I can do to assist, Otaku-sama?"

"I already ask too much, but if Seppun-san could provide his testimony before the judges, and perhaps to Dabo-sama, this one would feel obliged to return the favor." She nods, but adds, "I have invited Otomo-san and Seppun Aramoro-san for a meeting at their best timing in order to properly meet the latter. I extend the invitation to Seppun-san to meet the Shiotome and solve any unpleasant issues that may transpire after the dispute, whichever result Heavens see proper. Otaku Imane-san will be my second."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Doji Ameka on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:54 pm

Ameka takes a breath and finally heads over to the Shinjo she'd sung for. What was his name? Taichi, that was right. It sounded right. She took a casual glance into her pouch that normally held candy to read the paper. Yup, that was it.

Once she gets to him, she bows. "Shinjo-san, it is an honor to finally meet you... I am Doji Ameka. I hope you will forgive my forwardness in singing to you before we had met properly."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Bad Health | Confectioner

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 4

Equipment: Wakizashi, fan, candy sculptures, parasol, beautiful clothing
Doji Ameka

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:57 pm

Kitsu Takashi wrote:After his song, Takashi circulates in the audience, trying to catch impressions of the decidedly un-Rokugani event and how it might influence the miai results. Though he is rarely one to seek a drink, the emotion of the performance makes him more motivated than usual. Seeing a rather famous Yasuki with drink in hand, conversing with a Lion cousin--it's too convenient to pass up.

"Yasuki Tomonaga-sama, I presume," Takashi says with a bow and a wide smile. "Word of your product's quality precedes you."

He also gives a small bow to his clanmate. "Matsu-san, please forgive my intrusion into your conversation."

Kogo bows to the Kitsu, unperturbed by the addition. ""Kitsu-sama, it is good to see you again. I hope the miai has been going well for you?"
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:58 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:Tomonaga perks up a bit to be addressed in such a way, although his expression becomes a bit more guarded again as he recognizes that he'd just sung for Yukarin as well. "Ah, Kitsu-san! Your words are too kind. Here, please..." He makes way to pour a bit of the sake for the newcomer.

Takashi accepts the cup gratefully. He shows no indication of concern about their dueling ballads. "I only relay the words of sincere and honest samurai. The kindness is of your thankful patrons."

He takes a small drink. "Ah, and I believe I shall become one of them!" He smiles broadly, clearly at ease.

To Kogo he says, "I am far from an expert in traditional miai, although I have heard this is far from traditional anyway. But I was sent to learn about the Unicorn, and that work is going well. How are you--and Yasuki-sama," he ensures the Crab remains in the conversation, "finding the efforts of our hosts?" His eyebrows rise, signaling his curiosity.
Lion Clan * Bushi/Courtier * Sensational * The jolliest Kitsu
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: As expected | Courtship points: 4
Always carries: Daisho, unremarkable clothing, and some writing supplies (calligraphy set if planning ahead, but always a bit of charcoal and parchment).
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:06 pm

Kitsu Takashi wrote:Takashi accepts the cup gratefully. He shows no indication of concern about their dueling ballads. "I only relay the words of sincere and honest samurai. The kindness is of your thankful patrons."

He takes a small drink. "Ah, and I believe I shall become one of them!" He smiles broadly, clearly at ease.

To Kogo he says, "I am far from an expert in traditional miai, although I have heard this is far from traditional anyway. But I was sent to learn about the Unicorn, and that work is going well. How are you--and Yasuki-sama," he ensures the Crab remains in the conversation, "finding the efforts of our hosts?" His eyebrows rise, signaling his curiosity.

After a quick glance at Kogo, Tomonaga speaks. "I feel as though it is a learning experience, but I mean that in entirely a good way." He said, his tone polite. "We are learning a great deal about the Unicorn, and they about what has changed since they've been gone. And they're very good at learning, I've found."

"And... they are very earnest, too. Honest. It makes their efforts all the more sincere, which I find that I appreciate." He glanced again at Kogo, waiting for her response.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Asako Yuki on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:10 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:Seeing Yuki smile, which was a happy change of pace from when she last saw her, Tomoe smiled as she returned the bow. "You're too kind, Asako-sama. I rather thought your piece was quite touching too."

"So Moto Butaj-san has caught your eyes, neh?" The Hare grinned behind her raised fan. "He dedicated quite the masterpiece to you."

"But yours was much better performed." Yuki replied with a smile. Mention of Butaj got Yuki to look his way again and their eyes meet for a moment. Yuki unconsciously licks her lips before blushing furiously and moving to cover her face with her sleeves once again.

"Hai... It was spectacular. I..." Yuki stopped herself from finishing that potentially scandalous statement. "I am very flattered, and wish that my piece had been worthy of such a recitation." Her eyes flitted towards Butaj occasionally but she was trying very hard to be good.

Closing her eyes for a moment, Yuki focused, "I suppose I should congratulate you, Usagi-sama. Of all the women that sung to Dong-Ha, he sang of you." She tried, hoping to get the attention away from her for a moment.
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:10 pm

Kitsu Takashi wrote:
Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:Tomonaga perks up a bit to be addressed in such a way, although his expression becomes a bit more guarded again as he recognizes that he'd just sung for Yukarin as well. "Ah, Kitsu-san! Your words are too kind. Here, please..." He makes way to pour a bit of the sake for the newcomer.

Takashi accepts the cup gratefully. He shows no indication of concern about their dueling ballads. "I only relay the words of sincere and honest samurai. The kindness is of your thankful patrons."

She pauses, noting that the Kitsu is more chatty than she has noted before. Perhaps all of this heart sharing song is catching. She nods along with Tomonaga's remarks. "I would agree with what Yasuki-san has said. They are quick learners, honest, sincere and noble. " Kogo's eyes seem to wander for a moment and she returns to the present. " I did not anticipate how much I would enjoy their company. It is a pleasant surprise."
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:13 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:She pauses, noting that the Kitsu is more chatty than she has noted before. Perhaps all of this heart sharing song is catching. She nods along with Tomonaga's remarks. "I would agree with what Yasuki-san has said. They are quick learners, honest, sincere and noble. " Kogo's eyes seem to wander for a moment and she returns to the present. " I did not anticipate how much I would enjoy their company. It is a pleasant surprise."

Tomonaga lifted his cup to her with a smile. "Well said, Matsu-san." He said.

He looked back to the Kitsu. "And you, Kitsu-san? Ah, I'm afraid you have the advantage of me." He said gently.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Kitsu Takashi on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:21 pm

Takashi nods as they speak. "I quite agree," he comments as Kogo finishes. "I had expected more... discomfort... as we learned about each other." He pauses, almost mid-sentence. "My apologies, Yasuki-sama. I am Kitsu Takashi, student of the Ikoma school." He bows his head, acknowledging the correction.

He seems to pick back up right where he'd paused. "It is fortunate that we've avoided that discomfort. Unfortunate, though, that some have perhaps found too much comfort in these days of learning. If one believes the many things they hear, that is." He punctuates the comment with another drink, this one slightly larger.
Lion Clan * Bushi/Courtier * Sensational * The jolliest Kitsu
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: As expected | Courtship points: 4
Always carries: Daisho, unremarkable clothing, and some writing supplies (calligraphy set if planning ahead, but always a bit of charcoal and parchment).
Kitsu Takashi

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:24 pm

Asako Yuki wrote:"But yours was much better performed." Yuki replied with a smile. Mention of Butaj got Yuki to look his way again and their eyes meet for a moment. Yuki unconsciously licks her lips before blushing furiously and moving to cover her face with her sleeves once again.

"Hai... It was spectacular. I..." Yuki stopped herself from finishing that potentially scandalous statement. "I am very flattered, and wish that my piece had been worthy of such a recitation." Her eyes flitted towards Butaj occasionally but she was trying very hard to be good.

Closing her eyes for a moment, Yuki focused, "I suppose I should congratulate you, Usagi-sama. Of all the women that sung to Dong-Ha, he sang of you." She tried, hoping to get the attention away from her for a moment.

Tomoe debated whether or not suggesting that they move over to Butaj and Yuuru would be akin to inviting someone sin greatly when she saw the long looks Yuki was giving her Moto-love.

But the Asako was making a valiant effort to resist it, so it would've been cruel, she decided.

"Ah... hai..." she blushed a little too and took more cover behind her fan. "I just wish I was as highly regarded as my competition, as it is more and more unlikely I will have the chance to choose or be chosen by him. But it did make me happy that of all the girls, he did choose to sing about me. It would've been a little depressing to not have one song sung in one's name for an event like this, I find..."

But if not Dong-Ha, who on earth? Ugh... I just need to hope I can excel at the next tests.

"Girls like us have to work hard to catch up to the leads, neh?" Tomoe said with a wry smile, feeling certain that Yuki felt the same.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:29 pm

Kitsu Takashi wrote:Takashi nods as they speak. "I quite agree," he comments as Kogo finishes. "I had expected more... discomfort... as we learned about each other." He pauses, almost mid-sentence. "My apologies, Yasuki-sama. I am Kitsu Takashi, student of the Ikoma school." He bows his head, acknowledging the correction.

He seems to pick back up right where he'd paused. "It is fortunate that we've avoided that discomfort. Unfortunate, though, that some have perhaps found too much comfort in these days of learning. If one believes the many things they hear, that is." He punctuates the comment with another drink, this one slightly larger.

Tomonaga returned the bow as the Kitsu introduced himself.

"Ummm... yeah." Tomonaga said, rubbing the back of his head with one hand. "I certainly agree on the first point." His lips twisted into a wry smile. "Maybe until about an hour ago. This Moto challenge seems to be causing a bit of difficulty." One again, something flickered in his expression, although it didn't seem directed at either of his companions.

Seeing the Kitsu drink so deeply, Tomonaga smiled, reaching out to pour him a refill. "The second... I guess so. The Unicorn are very, ah, expressive, I guess. But surely this sort of thing happens at a miai from time to time? Emotions high, couples thrown together, marriage imminent." He shrugged. "I don't know. It is my first miai, of course."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:45 pm

Asako Hirase wrote:"Quite a lot of cross-training, neh?" He was surprised, but only a little. "That's less common in my Clan. My Cousin, Yuki, is the only one I know personally who trained with another Family than the one she was born in. Not that it's a bad thing...it may well have help keep you bonded together while apart." Curious, he asked, "What was it about a Moto warrior that better fit you than being a Shinjo one?"

Yue shook her head. "It is not as common as I have led you to believe. I originally trained with my Family." She closed her fan for a brief moment and pointed it to her missing arm. The fan then went back over her lips. "I trained with the Moto after my injuries. Their techniques allowed me to fight despite the impediment."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Asako Yuki on Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:59 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:Tomoe debated whether or not suggesting that they move over to Butaj and Yuuru would be akin to inviting someone sin greatly when she saw the long looks Yuki was giving her Moto-love.

But the Asako was making a valiant effort to resist it, so it would've been cruel, she decided.

"Ah... hai..." she blushed a little too and took more cover behind her fan. "I just wish I was as highly regarded as my competition, as it is more and more unlikely I will have the chance to choose or be chosen by him. But it did make me happy that of all the girls, he did choose to sing about me. It would've been a little depressing to not have one song sung in one's name for an event like this, I find..."

But if not Dong-Ha, who on earth? Ugh... I just need to hope I can excel at the next tests.

"Girls like us have to work hard to catch up to the leads, neh?" Tomoe said with a wry smile, feeling certain that Yuki felt the same.

Yuki nodded at that, familiar with the plight. "Hai, I've been trying hard. Though I hope some will come by that I have more talent in... or that some of the others have less talent in." She smiled a little and shrugged. "You've been well, I hope, since our last talk?" Anything to keep her distracted right now. Yuki's right hand fidgeted a little under her sleeve that she was using as a cover for her face.
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Asako Yuki

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields