Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Re: Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:39 am

Tomoe considered pestering Yuuru after Khulun went to Nintoku, but he got caught up elsewhere it seemed.

Well damn...

((PM if approached please))
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:50 am

Kitsu Takashi wrote:After his song, Takashi circulates in the audience, trying to catch impressions of the decidedly un-Rokugani event and how it might influence the miai results. Though he is rarely one to seek a drink, the emotion of the performance makes him more motivated than usual. Seeing a rather famous Yasuki with drink in hand, conversing with a Lion cousin--it's too convenient to pass up.

"Yasuki Tomonaga-sama, I presume," Takashi says with a bow and a wide smile. "Word of your product's quality precedes you."

He also gives a small bow to his clanmate. "Matsu-san, please forgive my intrusion into your conversation."

Tomonaga perks up a bit to be addressed in such a way, although his expression becomes a bit more guarded again as he recognizes that he'd just sung for Yukarin as well. "Ah, Kitsu-san! Your words are too kind. Here, please..." He makes way to pour a bit of the sake for the newcomer.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Seppun Hideo on Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:25 am

Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:The girl shakes her head a bit, and her eyes catch the purple in his hand. "She offered the challenge, Seppun-san. If you are capable of showing Heaven's light and ask her to back down and apologize, I would be forever grateful to you and the Seppun family. I cannot back down on the offense she offered. As yourself just agreed, there was no dishonor in my actions when I sang, and thus, her whole claim for a duel becomes null."

Kitakuhime purses her lips, in worry, and continues, "It will take wisdom such as yours to glimpse this truth, though. I hope she is also granted these blessings. I have great esteem for the Imperial Families. You are, after all, the shining example of how all samurai should be."

"I cannot speak for Miya-san. I don't know exactly what was said that has offended you so. I just...wish to find a resolution" Hideo sighed sadly, looking in the direction of the Miya for a moment as he brought his purple fan up to tap his chin thoughtfully.

She will be just as stubborn, and will not admit wrong. She's Crane trained, and they're all the same after all.

He turned back to Kita, a nod to her. "I shall converse with her, and hopefully explain the reasons behind your actions.
However...perhaps it is now unrecoverable, as much as it pains me to admit. Know that regardless of the result, this Imperial will think no less of you. He will just wish it could have been resolved without more blood being spilt. Is there any more I can do to assist, Otaku-sama?"
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:42 am

"It looks like Butaj has been very lucky indeed." He smiles sweetly as he relives his own composition in his mind, wondering how it has come to his soul.

No other thing did give me such pause
Like when your cheeks bloomed akin desert rose;
While petals of lips to a feeling laid claim
To us and the world four winds did expose.

Truth do I see in the shape of your name!
Of the sparks your gaze sheds not one is the same
They tug at my heart like at horse manes - the gale
With snow set ablaze wild soul's yours to tame

All things of beauty by yours fade to pale
To silence my heart's thumping was to no avail
As to each other beholden through plains did we rove
Galloping in dreams lined with finest percale

With your firelit hues the gods my skies wove
I could not rein my breath, it sprang like a drove
of songs, like black steeds; on hooves my heart rose
To the steppe in the Heavens where Benten grants love
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:44 am

Moto Baatar wrote:
Yogo Mizuki wrote:"That may be true, but..." Mizuki shakes her head. "Would you like tea tomorrow? I sing for you, though I give you caution for that. And you can see what is behind the mask."

"I... I think I'd like that," Baatar replied, sounding a little tentative at first.

Then, in a steadier voice, he added, "I bet you sing very nicely." He smiled at her.

Mizuki gives a(n albeit hidden) smile back. "Good I look forward to it. Though I am curious, who do you think gave the best performance so far?"
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Ide Amaya on Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:49 am

Soshi Yuuru wrote:He smiled, "I'm sure they will. Not many would be willing to come between an Imperial and his bride without good cause."

"Then I have been doubly blessed," she smiles.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Seppun Aramoro on Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:52 am

Although he was embarrassed at his performance, it was only courteous to join the group after, and he did so. He did not speak much, but greeted those that were near enough.

(PM if you approach)
Imperial • Hazy Pupils • Shugenja • Knowledgeable • Conservative • Wealthy
Status: 1.5 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Expetional | Courtship Points: 9
Carries:Robes, Kimono, Wakizashi, Scroll Satchel, Fan, Sweets • Profile
Seppun Aramoro

Postby Asako Yuki on Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:58 am

Usagi Tomoe wrote:Tomoe considered pestering Yuuru after Khulun went to Nintoku, but he got caught up elsewhere it seemed.

Well damn...

((PM if approached please))

Finally spotting her opening, Yuki approached the Usagi and bowed to her. "Usagi-sama. Your piece was wonderfully done." She said with a smile, bowing to the woman.
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Moto Khulun on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:00 am

Khulun watches Amaya leave again and says, "I don't think she likes us much, did you do something to her?"
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:54 am

Yuuru smiled politely and nodded, "And how have you been friend? It appears that fair Asako lady over there has caught your eye. I hope you are ready for a different style of life than you have previously experienced."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:03 am

"Butaj thinks it will be good when it happens. Asako Yuki likes to ride, her family has horses, the Phoenix have plains and they are people who are not running away from learning new things. Butaj doesn't fear new things either." Everything is rosy in the pink world of Butaj now. "Butaj is ready to start a new life."
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Moto Butaj

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:09 am

He smiled and nodded, "Do you enjoy reading Moto-san? The Asako are known for their expansive libraries and reservoirs of knowledge."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Asako Hirase on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:32 am

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:Yue let out a small laugh. "I am a Shinjo trained by the Moto and he is a Moto trained by the Shinjo." She then shook her head. "I am not a performer and neither is my sister. However, our stories were passed down via oral tradition."

"Quite a lot of cross-training, neh?" He was surprised, but only a little. "That's less common in my Clan. My Cousin, Yuki, is the only one I know personally who trained with another Family than the one she was born in. Not that it's a bad thing...it may well have help keep you bonded together while apart." Curious, he asked, "What was it about a Moto warrior that better fit you than being a Shinjo one?"
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:39 am

Asako Yuki wrote:Finally spotting her opening, Yuki approached the Usagi and bowed to her. "Usagi-sama. Your piece was wonderfully done." She said with a smile, bowing to the woman.

Seeing Yuki smile, which was a happy change of pace from when she last saw her, Tomoe smiled as she returned the bow. "You're too kind, Asako-sama. I rather thought your piece was quite touching too."

"So Moto Butaj-san has caught your eyes, neh?" The Hare grinned behind her raised fan. "He dedicated quite the masterpiece to you."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Butaj on Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:43 am

"Butaj enjoys hearing more that reading because Butaj is very accustomed to oral traditions. but Butaj will find a way." Yuki speaking to that Bunny throws him off a little but today everything is good even if it's bad.

Moto Butaj

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields