The way or the day. (Day 7 Early Evening.)

The way or the day. (Day 7 Early Evening.)

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:31 pm

Anger had been Daisuke's primary feeling as he left the field where the ballads were being sung. These Unicorn didn't seem to possess a ounce of compassion, and he was starring to feel a bit sick at the idea of marrying one.

It had taken a few hours of walking before he started to feel himself again, the anger fading away to be replaced by, he wasn't quite sure what to call it.

Finding that he needed time to think he made his way to the edge of the new pond. Watching the ocean had always calmed him, and while this was not the same it would have to do. Taking a sip from the bottle he had carried all day he found a comfortable looking rock and took a seat. Retrieving some familiar tools from his kimono he watched the water and carved .
Badger Clan * Bushi * Scout * Archer * Tough * Engaged to the best Otaku

Courtship points: 3

Carries: daisho, sake cup, chopsticks

For combat: light armor, daisho, tanto, yumi and quiver, masakiri
Ichiro Daisuke

Re: The way or the day. (Day 7 Early Evening.)

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:02 am

Yue came to the pond to gather her thoughts. This is where it all began. Who would have known that the scars I carry are not of the flesh.

She noticed, when she was close, who else was present. "Konbanwa, Daisuke-dono." She put on a smile. "I hope you are well."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:20 am

This was decidedly not who he wished to see this evening, but Daisuke wasn't the type to retreat from a encounter. Tucking the piece he was working on into his kimono he offered the Shinjo woman a bow from his seat.

"Good evening Shinjo-san."

"Me? I'm in good health, just out here enjoying the evening air. How about you?"

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:27 am

The woman had no idea the Badger was so displeased with her. "I came here to revisit the past." She looked at the pond and then back to him. "It was the most difficult battle in my life."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:33 am

It was probably for the better it would make the conversation easier, at least for one of the two of them. "Can't say I've heard much about it myself." Nor at the moment did he particularly care.

He should probably ask something. "Have you been in many battles in your life?"

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:15 am

"It was hard fought and cost one of our lives." Yue sighed. "It was all because the orochi was tricked into attacking us."

She scratched the back of her head. "I have not been keeping count. One could say that the Ride was one huge battle."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:30 am

"Tricked?" That piqued his curiosity, at least a little bit, and would probably provide something to talk about for a few moments at least.

"I haven't heard much about the ride." He admitted. "Only heard it mentioned in passing a couple times."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:36 am

"The orochi was tricked by," she trailed off. She was unable to remember what the creatures of Sakkaku were called. "They were trickster spirits. The beast claimed it was them and Yogo Yuichi-dono confirmed it was their fault." She paused. "Yuichi-dono is a priest," she added in as clarification.

Yue retained a small smile. "My injuries are from the Ride. We lost many good people of our Clan. However, we may be bloodied, but we are unbroken."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:18 am

It all sounded rather convoluted, and honestly he thought it best to forget the part where the beast was tricked, It made it seem like some sort of accident that that caused the death of Chi-pu. Nodding he immediately dismissed the information from his mind. Chi-pu died fighting a Orochi, that was all that was important.

"It sounds like difficult times." The Badger were familiar with those at least recently. "You are here now though, for whatever that counts for."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:40 am

Yue tilted her head. "'Whatever that counts for?'" she repeated. She swallowed. "Did I do something to offend you, Daisuke-dono?"

Probably the ballad...

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:24 am

"My apologies Shinjo-san, I believe I will make for poor Company this evening," He smirked. "I've just come to the conclusion that perhaps I came to the wrong miai."

"Nothing you need concern your self with honestly, and my apologies if my words might have offended."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:32 am

"You do not need to apologize. You have not offended me." Yue walked a bit closer. "May I take a seat next to you?" Regardless of his answer, she continued to speak. "Why do you believe you came to the wrong miai?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:55 am

"You may do as you wish." Kami knows she had already done what she pleased at least once today. Reaching a hand over he plucked up his bottle of shochu and took a sip from the bottle. "I don't believe it wise we talk further about that matter Shinjo-san, if I haven't offended you yet, I'm sure to if we continue."

Ichiro Daisuke

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:58 am

The Shinjo plopped down next to him and looked at the bottle. "What is that? Is it sake?"

She looked to the water for her next words. "I am not fragile, Daisuke-dono. I can handle criticism." Her gaze turned back to him, her smile apologetic. "If you do not think it will ease your annoyance, then I will not press you further."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Ichiro Daisuke on Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:13 am

"Shochu." He muttered in response to her question. "The fact of the matter is it won't help matter Shinjo-san, what is done is done, and can't be undone, voicing matters won't change them."

"I will ask one thing though, as my curiosity is getting the better of me. Did you consider the consequences your actions today may have for your future husband?"

Ichiro Daisuke

Next

Return to Orochi's Fall