[D7 EM] Close Combat

Re: [D7 EM] Close Combat

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:43 pm

He chuckled, "I think I was most comfortable with the seafood, but I also enjoyed some of the mutton... I believe it was called."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:21 am

Soshi Yuuru wrote:He chuckled, "I think I was most comfortable with the seafood, but I also enjoyed some of the mutton... I believe it was called."

"Mutton is tasty!" she said with a smile. "I enjoyed the lobster very much." The Shinjo's mouth began to water at the thought of food. "I wish I had gone to the Mantis' dinner! The food must have been quite good."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:22 am

He smiled, "I'm afraid I missed it too. There was a place in town I went to a couple days back for dinner. Perhaps I could take you out for a meal after a lesson?"
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:38 am

Yue's cheeks flushed a bit. Again, seriously? No, wait, he can't be in love with me already. She stayed silent for a few moments afterwards and then nodded. "I accept," she said, her voice a bit more meek than she had anticipated.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:40 am

He smiled and extended an arm, "I'm told that you shake hands on any such agreement among your people."
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:41 am

"I heard that it is not a custom among the other Clans of the Empire." Still, Yue extended her hand and held it there for Yuuru to take. "I find bowing to be acceptable as well."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:46 am

He smiled, "We're in your home. We'll do it your way."

He reached out and took her arm.
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:48 am

"Hai," she said, this time more resolute. She shook his hand firmly, a gesture she had been accustomed to. Then a thought occurred to her. "What food is served at this establishment?"

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:49 am

"A variety. But mostly more Rokugani food from what I could tell." He replied and let her arm go.
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:42 am

She placed the arm back at her side. "I will get to experience more of your cuisine. It is unfortunate that I cannot extend the same to you." Yue smirked. "You can ask my sister about my cooking."

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:11 am

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:"Ah, and I have enjoyed every moment." Dong-Ha quipped in return, standing as well. "But let's meet tomorrow then." he had hoped he'd gotten closer to her, but that had not happened. Luckily, there was always the next day. "Good luck for the event today."

"You too. I look forward to seeing you perform," Tomoe said with a playful grin. Had she only known exactly what the rules would be, how embarrassing it would be.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:34 am

"Take care then." he bowed to the Hare one more time. "We'll see tomorrow, latest." If only he had known how much they'd have to discuss the next time, he might not have smiled as happily as he did.

With that, Dong-Ha turned and took his exit, not even stopping at the door to bow at the dojo as was customary. He simply didn't know the custom existed.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:41 am

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:She placed the arm back at her side. "I will get to experience more of your cuisine. It is unfortunate that I cannot extend the same to you." Yue smirked. "You can ask my sister about my cooking."

"Oh? Not much of a cook?" He asked with a half-smile.
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:03 am

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:"Take care then." he bowed to the Hare one more time. "We'll see tomorrow, latest." If only he had known how much they'd have to discuss the next time, he might not have smiled as happily as he did.

With that, Dong-Ha turned and took his exit, not even stopping at the door to bow at the dojo as was customary. He simply didn't know the custom existed.

"Carry the Fortunes, Dong-Ha-san," Tomoe offered a small bow to the departing Iuchi... and took a note of his failure to observe custom, though she assumed it was something Unicorn might not be familiar with. Add another thing to the list to teach them...

With a weary sigh, Tomoe knelt down in seiza and closed her eyes to enter a light meditation, making sure she wasn't working her body up too much.

((not Meditation-meditating, just regular meditating))
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:10 pm

Moto Baatar wrote:\"I'm Moto Baatar," the young Unicorn replied. "Did you really study with a talking bear? Wow!"

Baatar readied his bokken, but was startled at how cat-quick the large woman proved to be.

--
Initiative 11
Attack stance (ATN15)

No worries if you don't have enough bandwidth to do an actual fight - if you prefer we can just RP it out.

((Let's go with the no dice option.))

The Fox smiles at the thought, "I haven't had the pleasure," she admits, and lunges in. She is not fast, but she is long-limbed and well trained, knowing just the angle to approach in order to get past her opponent's guard and make a grab to control her opponent's weapon hand. From there, she has the advantage in strength, grip, bulk, and leverage.

"The Proud Bear is one of the great guardian spirits of our forest," she explains calmly as she fights, "And holds the title of grandmaster of our dojo, but only a few of our eldest masters have had the honor of meeting her personally. Land gods seldom grace mortals with their physical presence."
Fox Clan • Bushi • Large • Gullible • Student of the Proud Bear • Amateur Veterinarian • One Eye
Status 1.0 • Glory 1.0 • Honor 3.5 • Courtship 0
Carries: Daisho, tanto, medicine kit
Kitsune Kumahime

PreviousNext

Return to Calm Heart Dojo