Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Re: Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:58 pm

"His voice is like the wind," she says with a shrug.

"Handsome too."
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Ide Amaya on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:11 pm

Matsu Nintoku wrote:"Did Iuchi-san not dedicate his song to Usagi-san? I believe his choice is as clear as this sake," he took another sip.

She refrains from shrugging, if a song was all it took... she leaves the thought unfinished and wished her cup was full again. His comment makes her think of a different sake, harsh and strong and warm. Sometimes a little roughness can be a good thing.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:19 pm

Ide Amaya wrote:She refrains from shrugging, if a song was all it took... she leaves the thought unfinished and wished her cup was full again. His comment makes her think of a different sake, harsh and strong and warm. Sometimes a little roughness can be a good thing.

Tomonaga came along and filled her cup with a bow and a murmured "Ide-san", before continuing on his way.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:22 pm

Kogo sees Tomonaga-san wandering and saw him filling cups. Though she had no desire for more sake, she would like to know what she had missed arriving late. "Yasuki-san, how are you this afternoon?"
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:26 pm

Nintoku frowned slightly "He seems to be an amazing man. I look forward to meeting him one day."

The Matsu turned to the Yasuki that had just arrived. "Amazing sake Yasuki-san."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Ide Amaya on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:28 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:Tomonaga came along and filled her cup with a bow and a murmured "Ide-san", before continuing on his way.

"My saviour," she jokes, and takes care to sip from the cup, not gulp.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:28 pm

Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo sees Tomonaga-san wandering and saw him filling cups. Though she had no desire for more sake, she would like to know what she had missed arriving late. "Yasuki-san, how are you this afternoon?"

"Ah, Matsu-san!" Tomonaga said, making his way over to her. "May I?" He offered her a cup, handing it off to someone else if refused.

"I am... well, I guess." He said. His expression is just a little more guarded than usual. "And what of yourself? I heard your song." He bowed. "I was impressed, Matsu-san. Very impressed." He gave her a firm nod.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:35 pm

Khulun looks around at everyone drinking and seems thoroughly confused.
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:42 pm

The Matsu nodded as the Crab made his way to his flatmate. He smiled at Khulun's puzzled looks. "Nothing like good sake to reward the throat."
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:43 pm

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:Kogo sees Tomonaga-san wandering and saw him filling cups. Though she had no desire for more sake, she would like to know what she had missed arriving late. "Yasuki-san, how are you this afternoon?"

"Ah, Matsu-san!" Tomonaga said, making his way over to her. "May I?" He offered her a cup, handing it off to someone else if refused.

"I am... well, I guess." He said. His expression is just a little more guarded than usual. "And what of yourself? I heard your song." He bowed. "I was impressed, Matsu-san. Very impressed." He gave her a firm nod.

She refuses the cup, but gently. She notices his pause, but notes it would be improper to ask in such a crowd. "I am...better than I had hoped. I have never sung in front of a crowd before. " She laughs. "It is not something that the Matsu precisely value, though I suspect few would enjoy it. It was not bad though. There is something...vital in doing so."

She looks at him and then realizes. "Did I miss your singing as well? I fear I arrived so late I missed a great deal."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:58 pm

Matsu Nintoku wrote:The Matsu nodded as the Crab made his way to his flatmate. He smiled at Khulun's puzzled looks. "Nothing like good sake to reward the throat."

"Oh yes it is decent," she says with a nod.

"Does he just go around pouring sake?" she says still confused.
Moto Khulun

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:00 am

Matsu Kogo wrote:She refuses the cup, but gently. She notices his pause, but notes it would be improper to ask in such a crowd. "I am...better than I had hoped. I have never sung in front of a crowd before. " She laughs. "It is not something that the Matsu precisely value, though I suspect few would enjoy it. It was not bad though. There is something...vital in doing so."

She looks at him and then realizes. "Did I miss your singing as well? I fear I arrived so late I missed a great deal."

Tomonaga's expression brightens a bit at Kogo's enthusiasm. "It is, huh? That's a good way of putting it. I found it kinda exhilarating."

At the mention of his singing, Tomonaga's expression flickered again, a swirl of emotions before he brought it under control. "You did." He said. "And yes, a great deal did happen. Umm, lots of singing. It's... I hardly know where to begin, really." His eyes flickered over to where Kitakuhime and Mei had been.
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:08 am

Yuuru watched the people milling about talking, and paid special attention to the Yasuki passing out drinks.

The other Soshi singing about Yukarin was a surprise... but for some reason was less concerning than the Yasuki.
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Matsu Kogo on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:18 am

Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:
Matsu Kogo wrote:She refuses the cup, but gently. She notices his pause, but notes it would be improper to ask in such a crowd. "I am...better than I had hoped. I have never sung in front of a crowd before. " She laughs. "It is not something that the Matsu precisely value, though I suspect few would enjoy it. It was not bad though. There is something...vital in doing so."

Tomonaga's expression brightens a bit at Kogo's enthusiasm. "It is, huh? That's a good way of putting it. I found it kinda exhilarating."

At the mention of his singing, Tomonaga's expression flickered again, a swirl of emotions before he brought it under control. "You did." He said. "And yes, a great deal did happen. Umm, lots of singing. It's... I hardly know where to begin, really." His eyes flickered over to where Kitakuhime and Mei had been.

She smiled as he brightens. Perhaps he was concerned I did not compliment his singing. "Who were the best singers? I am sure we have seen some excellent ones today."

internal thoughts
Matsu Kogo

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:32 am

Matsu Kogo wrote:She smiled as he brightens. Perhaps he was concerned I did not compliment his singing. "Who were the best singers? I am sure we have seen some excellent ones today."

Even while chatting with Kogo, Tomonaga continued to pour out sake to anyone who passed nearby.

"Ummm... hmmm." Tomonaga said, frowning. "Well, there were a lot of very good singers. Togashi Udo and Doji Fukawa were especially good... as was Ide Amaya, I'd say. I was really proud of my clansman, Kaiu Hiroji. I didn't know he had it in him." He said, shaking his head.

"There were a number of other good singers, too." His frown deepened. "It's... so weird though, singing directly about people like that. Ide Samai..." He shook his head. "I guess it should be fine to talk about who sang for whom, right? I mean, it all happened so publicly."
Description
Yasuki Tomonaga

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields