Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Re: Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Postby Ide Amaya on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:18 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:She smiles at Nintoku with a rather pleasant if feral smile.

"That's my cue to depart," she says to no one at all, bobbing a facsimile of a polite bow and seeking out another cup of sake.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:21 pm

Asako Hirase wrote:The tiniest of nods followed. He would happily act as social yojimbo for her.

"There are some fine musicians here, both in your Clan and otherwise." It was meaningless conversation, meant to ease her discomfort. "I admit, I'd expected the first event of the Moto to be more physical. I suppose that's Butaj's influence, though...have you met him?"

"Hai. I expected a martial event too." Yue thought back to Butaj, speaking to Mizuki, a bit of jealousy coming back. But she suppressed it for now. "Moto Butaj," she started, unsure on how to approach the topic. She leaned in. "I would not say he has any influence on these events. Instead, I would say that the Family shaped that part of him."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:22 pm

“It pierced my soul, it was beautiful,” she says with a nod.

“I did not expect you to… it is as the wind. I did not mean to disturb your moment of glory,” she says watching the Ide retreat.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:31 pm

"A quiet Lion still knows how to roar," he joked and nodded about the ululation. "It was liberating that is for sure."
It
He noticed the Ide leaving and intervened. "Ide-san, I take you're acquainted with Moto Khulun?" he inquired. "The wielder of massacre, conqueror of Lions and devourer of hearts. I think I am not forgetting any titles?"

He filled his cup and downed it as fast hiding a smug smile behind it which Khulun most likely caught a glimpse of.
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Ide Amaya on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:44 pm

She caught the smugness, I never took you to be cruel, she thinks, perhaps you are not who I thought.

Her smile widens for her Clan-sister, even if it does not reach her eyes. "We are acquainted. I've even had the pleasure of meeting the wrong end of Massacre," could you say the same, Nintoku-sama? adds an uncharitable inner voice.
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Ide Amaya

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:46 pm

“I did not mean you any harm cousin,” she adds lightly unsure if the woman was upset about that.

“Your song was beautiful, sayyeda.”
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Asako Hirase on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:57 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:"Hai. I expected a martial event too." Yue thought back to Butaj, speaking to Mizuki, a bit of jealousy coming back. But she suppressed it for now. "Moto Butaj," she started, unsure on how to approach the topic. She leaned in. "I would not say he has any influence on these events. Instead, I would say that the Family shaped that part of him."

Hirase nodded, slowly. "I had wondered if it was the Shinjo teaching or simply Unicorn culture as a whole. He mentioned he trained with your Family. You've never mentioned a fondness for it before now, but you showed talent enough."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:57 pm

The Lion did not understand the sudden mood change in the Ide though he dismissed it with little afterthought.

"Indeed," he admitted. "Your voice was excellent. Seppun-sama should feel honored." he avoided mentioning the blunder that had been the Seppun's own song.

"Yours was... peculiar Moto-san," he said cautiously. "This Moto Silvia... is he a great hero of the Unicorn? I keep hearing about him."
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:02 pm

Khulun frowns and then says, “Otaku-hime and I have been… at each other’s throats lately and I wanted to say that I am sorry. It was not supposed to be a declaration but I'm sure I chose the wrong place to say I am sorry, it is what it is now. Besides I could not allow my sister to be alone in singing about another woman.”

“We ride together, we die together.”

She grins at the mention of Silvia and says, “Very great sage… perhaps one day he may introduce himself to you. Silvia is tricksy and only found when he wishes it. I hear he is quite taken with the Yogo though, perhaps he shall sweep her away!”
Moto Khulun

Postby Ide Amaya on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:07 pm

Moto Khulun wrote:“I did not mean you any harm cousin,” she adds lightly unsure if the woman was upset about that.

“Your song was beautiful, sayyeda.”

"You are surely too kind, sister. Many years of Moto ballads from horseback have given my voice some semblance of strength, nor can I claim credit for words from the heart." She seemed to thaw somewhat. "You sang... well," she finishes diplomatically, giving little sign if she disapproved of its contents.

Matsu Nintoku wrote:"Indeed," he admitted. "Your voice was excellent. Seppun-sama should feel honored." he avoided mentioning the blunder that had been the Seppun's own song.

"Hopefully as honoured as I was by his words," and she also makes no mention of any flaw in the Imperial's performance.

Ide Amaya

Postby Bayushi Hotaru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:10 pm

Hotaru was a bit tardy to join the gathering of samurai here. She, unfortunately, missed a majority of the drama that played out earlier and focused more on herself. How could she do so horrendously at a decent performance?
The problem was in the root. Much like that divination I gave Shimizu-san...

(OOC: Please PM if approached, Hotaru is merely just lingering around.)
Scorpion Clan • Shrine Maiden • Diviner • Dangerously Cute • Slightly Short
Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Honour: Untrustworthy • Courtship Points: 9

Description, Artist Details in Description
Personal Effects: Wakizashi (where appropriate), scroll satchel, fan, jade charm, mask, fortune sticks, kawaru coins

Mamoru, Protector of Shrines
Bayushi Hotaru

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:32 pm

The Lion raised his eyebrow at her grin, perhaps Moto Silvia was not a great sage? He shrugged and took another sip of the delicious Yasuki sake. "Then I'd like to meet him eventually."

"It was a curious choice your cousin did, to say the least," he admitted. "I must say some of the songs have been very interesting and I am happy that Usagi-san performed so well. She and Don.. Donu... Iuchi-san," he frowned at his inability to pronounce the name "will make a good pair."
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Ide Amaya on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:36 pm

"It seems she may have some competition. I wonder of Dong-Ha's thoughts on such."

Ide Amaya

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:46 pm

"I will let him know, he is Silvia, he comes and goes like the wind," she says with a wave of her hand.
Moto Khulun

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:57 pm

"Did Iuchi-san not dedicate his song to Usagi-san? I believe his choice is as clear as this sake," he took another sip.

He eyed the Moto suspiciously "Will he be singing today?"
Description
Matsu Nintoku

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields