Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Re: Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Postby Moto Baatar on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:32 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:Mizuki nods. "Hai. I have been certainly learning a lot. I think it is too late for me try to sing. And singing here would only insult those on strange. Maybe I can sing for you another if you desire?"

"You can't possibly be more insulting than some of the people who have already been up on stage," Baatar laughed. "And besides, you have a mask! No one will know who you are!"

"It's your choice, though."
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:17 pm

"That may be true, but..." Mizuki shakes her head. "Would you like tea tomorrow? I sing for you, though I give you caution for that. And you can see what is behind the mask."
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:29 pm

Upon finishing his ballad he returned to the stands where he took a spot sufficiently distant to avoid interrupting any conversation but sufficiently close to not dissuade any one that would approach him.

[PM if approached]
Lion Clan • Bushi • Hero • Kuge • Sometimes Smiles • Cuter Than A Goat
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 3
Carries: Daisho, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Khulun's EXQUISITE fan.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Ide Amaya on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:41 pm

The stands were growing more crowded, crowded enough that one might be able to slip through without attracting obvious attention. She fired one more narrow look at the Otaku princess and moved closer to Nintoku. The Seppun fan still shielded her face. You sang well, no, powerfully, she weighed the words. I hope Khulun-san returns your affections, she tried, but that might lead to embarrassment and acknowledgement of Khulun's performance.

Maybe just 'ohayou' would suffice? she despaired. Finally she said nothing.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:43 pm

The Matsu noticed her and the fan she carried and although he made a mental note of both of them he did not seem to be bothered. "Ide-san," he spoke his voice the ever calm and polite tone.
Description
Matsu Nintoku

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:44 pm

Nintoku on stage?! Oh this was going to be good. Tomoe was practically grinning throughout the Matsu's performance, but she also watched Khulun to see the Moto kuge's reaction.

"Oh my..." she had to fan herself when it was over.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Yasuki Tomonaga on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:57 pm

It had taken Tomonaga a little while to arrive in the viewing area, because he'd been gathering up a number of bottles of sake. He carried them now, along with a collection of cups, distributing both as needed.

(PM if approached)
Last edited by Yasuki Tomonaga on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crab Clan • Courtier/Brewer • Benten's Blessing • Hero of the People (Golden Carp sake brand) • Gullible
Status: 2 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Courtship points: 6
Carries: Sake bottle, sake cups
Description
Final Drinking Count: 22/38 threads
Yasuki Tomonaga

Postby Ide Amaya on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:02 pm

Matsu Nintoku wrote:The Matsu noticed her and the fan she carried and although he made a mental note of both of them he did not seem to be bothered. "Ide-san," he spoke his voice the ever calm and polite tone.

"Nintoku-sama, a declaration to woo the kami themselves, your intended is lucky indeed." She lowered the fan enough so that he could see that she smiled.
Yasuki Tomonaga wrote:It had taken Tomonaga a little while to arrive in the viewing area, because he'd been gathering up a number of bottles of sake. He carried them now, along with a collection of cups, distributing both as needed.

It was needed, and the sake burnt her already sore throat, but all the same it seemed to help her feel less faint.
Last edited by Ide Amaya on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Unicorn Courtier • [Profile - Updated 4/29]
• Small • Gullible • Voice • Inner Gift (Animal Ken) • Love Actuary •
• Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.2 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 5 •
Carries: Wakazashi, Seppun Fan, Personal Chop, Book of Poetry, Hand Mirror, Wooden Hair Comb, Partial Makeup Kit, Satsujin - a weasel.

Image Tokma - a Gaijin riding horse
Ide Amaya

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:02 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:Nintoku on stage?! Oh this was going to be good. Tomoe was practically grinning throughout the Matsu's performance, but she also watched Khulun to see the Moto kuge's reaction.

"Oh my..." she had to fan herself when it was over.

He response was a broad hungry smile, she wasn’t sure when it was over it didn’t end when the singing stopped, it didn’t end when he sauntered off to join the crowd… the song was still going and she had to shake herself to not go down that bad road of a fawning Crane girl… but damn if she wasn’t feeling a powerful urge to ride a Lion into battle.

“Yeah, that one is mine,” she finally says after a long moment of thought.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:04 pm

Tomoe giggled. "Don't let med stop you if you want to go and congratulate him on his performance."
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:06 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:Tomoe giggled. "Don't let med stop you if you want to go and congratulate him on his performance."

“He… I… the whole world needs a moment to collect ourselves,” she says keeping her eyes on the Lion.

“I would hate to leave you here alone.”
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:08 pm

"While I appriciate your concern, I believe I will manage. Now go claim your Lion before someone else try to steal him from you," she gave Khulun a wink.
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:13 pm

“Hai, Rabbit-sensei. Just promise me you won’t sit over here sulking… or reading or whatever forever,” she says as she walks back towards the group.

As she approaches the Lion and her kin she lets out a powerful ululation and says, “The earth trembled with such song, such fire… such strength! I am twice blessed to have such a warrior sing my name, and now I owe him a song… perhaps on the wedding night he shall hear it!”

She smiles at Nintoku with a rather pleasant if feral smile.
Moto Khulun

Postby Togashi Udo on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:15 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"While I appriciate your concern, I believe I will manage. Now go claim your Lion before someone else try to steal him from you," she gave Khulun a wink.

Udo walks up to Tomoe as Khulun leaves.

"She seems happy," he says with a smile.
Tattoo of a Crane * Tattoo of a Lion * Slightly Distracted * Simple robes & hat

Status: 1 | Glory: 1.1 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: 15
More info.
Togashi Udo

Postby Matsu Nintoku on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:17 pm

"Yours was not too shabby either," he replied as he nodded in gratitude at the offer of sake. "Although it is a bit redundant given everything that has already happened between you two," he motioned towards her fan.

Before he could continue he was interrupted by Khulun's arrival and while normally her words would have made him blush, the rush of the song had made him, at least temporarily, immune to such. A small smile surfaces though it is quickly covered by his cup as he downs the sake offered to him.

"I had been practicing the ululation," he joked. "It gave it a nice touch I think."
Description
Matsu Nintoku

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields