Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Re: Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Postby Asako Hirase on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:23 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:Yue sat there with her expression covered by her fan. She remembered when she had considered him highly in terms of suitors, perhaps even at the top. But much had changed over the last week. I wish for a warrior by my side. I'm sorry, Hirase-san.

She closed her fan and looked at him with her On completely intact. "Arigatou gozaimasu, Hirase-san. I do not know what I did to deserve such kindness." She nodded. "I too wish for a partnership in marriage with a dear friend. I believe I would also be happy to marry you." She took a deep breath. "However, I believe the likelihood that we are wed to be low. In addition, I plan on choosing another suitor if I have the chance."

The Shinjo gave him a bow. "Gomennasai. If you climb in standing, I will not dissuade you from selecting me."

A nod showed his acceptance; Hirase was unsurprised.

"In whose name would you like me to pray, then?" He smiled. "I assure you, the name will be between myself and the Fortunes."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Kaiu Hiroji on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:25 pm

Hiroji dragged himself into the stands, with the strength he still had left. Singing was harder than he thought.
*Crab Clan *Rather Stoic *Large *Possibly has a drinking problem *Allergy to Milk based Products *Dragon-Slayer

Status: 1.0 - Honor: What is Expected - Glory: 3.0 - Courtship Points: 2

"..."

Carries with him: Sturdy Clothing, Walking Stick, Chopsticks, Small Mirror
Kaiu Hiroji

Postby Seppun Hideo on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:30 pm

Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:She nods in agreement. "Likeminded. Yet, honor demands satisfaction for offenses given, even if by mistake. In such case, apologies are always accepted –– specially in the Unicorn."

Kitakuhime closes her fists, bringing them up. "I had hopes not to draw steel and blood, but I also cannot offend the ways of the Empire. It is a conundrum, see: if I am not granted victory, the Unicorn will be marred by Miya-san's words until someone else cleanses it. If Heavens see that I am victorious, I protect the honor of my Clan."

There's a deep sigh, and she smiles again, looking up to him with sparkling eyes.

"I have a deep respect for Otaku-sama, and I know beyond doubt that she is a woman of honour and duty. I hope that Otaku-sama can say that she holds my opinion in high esteem, and knows that I only speak as an ally as well as a friend."

He held the Unicorn fan in his hand, tapping it against his side but not opening it as he considered what to say. He looked to Samai for a few moments, wondering what the Ide woman was thinking, before turning to Kita and continuing.

"I believe this issue can be resolved by a clarification of misunderstandings from [i[both[/i] sides. Not just from Miya-san. Miya-san is unaware of your intentions with your declaration, and views it much like many will - that by choosing Tonbo Misa-sama as your song choice, you have disregarded every male here as worthy of your attention. That you have come to a miai and only have eyes for another woman, when there are countless males here who have hoped to earn the attention and the hand of the Heiress of the Otaku, including the man who sang for you."

He sighed.

"It was not your intention, and I understand that, but I ask you to consider the greater appearance of your actions.
Miya-san is very much wrong for her words, and I intend to speak with her also to see if I can come up with a peaceful solution - a kharmic strike agreed with words if you will. Honour would be satisfied by this. I am certain you do not wish to see more blood spilt over a misunderstanding."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:38 pm

Asako Hirase wrote:A nod showed his acceptance; Hirase was unsurprised.

"In whose name would you like me to pray, then?" He smiled. "I assure you, the name will be between myself and the Fortunes."

Yue opened up her fan once more to cover her lips. "Soshi Taira-dono," she replied. She saw no reason to hide it from the man. After all, she expected the Scorpion to make an appearance on the stage and profess his love to her.

But instead, another creature possessing pincers took the stage: Kaiu Hiroji. He sang an objectively beautiful piece for her, one that even made her blush. She had not received such an artistic venture dedicated to her before. She looked back to Hirase and searched for his reaction to the Crab's declaration.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:42 pm

Seppun Hideo wrote:"I have a deep respect for Otaku-sama, and I know beyond doubt that she is a woman of honour and duty. I hope that Otaku-sama can say that she holds my opinion in high esteem, and knows that I only speak as an ally as well as a friend."

He held the Unicorn fan in his hand, tapping it against his side but not opening it as he considered what to say. He looked to Samai for a few moments, wondering what the Ide woman was thinking, before turning to Kita and continuing.

"I believe this issue can be resolved by a clarification of misunderstandings from [i[both[/i] sides. Not just from Miya-san. Miya-san is unaware of your intentions with your declaration, and views it much like many will - that by choosing Tonbo Misa-sama as your song choice, you have disregarded every male here as worthy of your attention. That you have come to a miai and only have eyes for another woman, when there are countless males here who have hoped to earn the attention and the hand of the Heiress of the Otaku, including the man who sang for you."

He sighed.

"It was not your intention, and I understand that, but I ask you to consider the greater appearance of your actions.
Miya-san is very much wrong for her words, and I intend to speak with her also to see if I can come up with a peaceful solution - a kharmic strike agreed with words if you will. Honour would be satisfied by this. I am certain you do not wish to see more blood spilt over a misunderstanding."

The girl shakes her head a bit, and her eyes catch the purple in his hand. "She offered the challenge, Seppun-san. If you are capable of showing Heaven's light and ask her to back down and apologize, I would be forever grateful to you and the Seppun family. I cannot back down on the offense she offered. As yourself just agreed, there was no dishonor in my actions when I sang, and thus, her whole claim for a duel becomes null."

Kitakuhime purses her lips, in worry, and continues, "It will take wisdom such as yours to glimpse this truth, though. I hope she is also granted these blessings. I have great esteem for the Imperial Families. You are, after all, the shining example of how all samurai should be."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Suki on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:45 pm

Suki watches as the suitors and lovers present their ballads, keeping her distance from the samurai. Every so often, a hint of a smile tugs at the corner of her mouth.

As conflict arose, her focus turned there, though she stayed back. Her thoughts turned to the lessons taught to her by the masters at the temple. Before the Order's pilgrimage, her interactions with samurai had been limited. She had learned much since then.

This does not need to end with bloodshed... but I don't forsee it resolving in any other way.

(Sorry about the very slow arrival. PM if you approach)
Monk * Blessed by Benten * Sensation * Pacifist * Magpie? * Probably Barefoot
Honor: What is Expected Glory: 0.0 Status: 1.0

Carries: Satchel with scrolls on the Tao

Radiate boundless love towards the entire world.
Suki

Postby Asako Hirase on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:53 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:Yue opened up her fan once more to cover her lips. "Soshi Taira-dono," she replied. She saw no reason to hide it from the man. After all, she expected the Scorpion to make an appearance on the stage and profess his love to her.

But instead, another creature possessing pincers took the stage: Kaiu Hiroji. He sang an objectively beautiful piece for her, one that even made her blush. She had not received such an artistic venture dedicated to her before. She looked back to Hirase and searched for his reaction to the Crab's declaration.

"Ah." His fan came up. "To follow your sister...I see the appeal." A sharp, decisive nod. "Prayers will be offered this very night."

Then the Kaiu sang and Hirase looked...surprised. "Hmm. Crab are not generally noted for artistic ability...good for him, showcasing a talent no one expected." A smile, but then a sidelong glance. "Did you want to go talk to him?"
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue

Asako Hirase

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:04 pm

"We fought alongside each other against the orochi," Yue explained. "I trust him with my life."

She met Hirase's gaze after his final question from behind her fan. Her answer was simple. "No." For all the protection a fan could offer, it was clear that she found the situation incredibly uncomfortable.
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:13 pm

After spending quite some time trying to think up a song, Taichi gave up. Some people were meant to have songs sung about them, not the other way around. After having been sitting and watching for a while, he saw Matsu Kogo take the stage.

Here it comes. Ballad #1 for Taichi.
Sadly, that wasn't the case. Still, he was happy that she had someone to sing for. As she moved away though, he noticed that something seemed... off about her. He'd have to make sure to talk to her later. For now though, the mood in the room seemed like something he may have to deal with.

[ooc: pm me if approaching.]
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Shinjo Liu Fei on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:06 pm

When Suteichi made more of an effort to join in the conversation, or invited in by the Matsu, rather than sneaking up behind her and whispering in her ear that was. Fei stepped to the side and made it easy for the conversation to naturally include the three.

"I have never been a very artistically minded sort, a life spent traveling makes it hard to find the time. Performance is something that does not really need that sort of greater appreciation though, so I am sure I will enjoy any time I get to spend witnessing one of their performances," she added, flashing a glance to Suteichi.

"But I need to ask," she said, looking back to Yurio. "What do you mean by, dark, deathly pale stuff?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Cursed - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Friend of Fire
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship: -1
Carries: Sturdy Clothing (Leather, Fur), Courtiers Fan, Small Knife, Coin Purse, Wakizashi, Tanto, Naginata (Where Appropriate)
Description
Shinjo Liu Fei

Postby Shinjo Taichi on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:15 pm

Finally.
He was surprised it had taken that long, but he could overlook that. He listened to Doji Ameka's song with rapt attention, not wanting to put to waste the efforts of the woman who could no longer contain her passion for him. He didn't think he'd properly met her, but that was irrelevant. All it probably took for her was his mere presence.
Unicorn Clan • Bushi • Vain and Glorious • Tough • Idealistic • Bad with Money • Shiny Metal Shield
Glory: 0.2 • Status 1.0 • Honor: What is Expected • Just a little bit (in)famous • CP: 0
Carries: Daisho, Targe, Yumi, Knife
Wears: Expensive kimono, haori, Light armor when appropriate.
Horse: Harukaze
Shinjo Taichi

Postby Moto Baatar on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:20 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:Mizuki nods. "Hai. I am fascinated by many of the things I've heard about your Clan's travels. I see the value in the knowledge your Clan has gained. I would like to learn more."

"Well, you're in the right place to learn more about the Unicorn," Baatar grinned. "Behold, cultural exchange!" He gestured theatrically at the spectacle surrounding them: the boisterous singing, the milling crowds, couples almost shouting at each other in order to be heard over the din.

"Are you quite sure you wouldn't like to take a turn at singing, Yogo-sama?" Baatar asked encouragingly. "No one even cares if you're any good... as long as you put some feeling into it."
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Mizuki nods. "Hai. I have been certainly learning a lot. I think it is too late for me try to sing. And singing here would only insult those on strange. Maybe I can sing for you another if you desire?"
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Doji Ameka on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Doji Ameka headed over to the group observing the rest of the singing, considering heading over to introduce herself to the man she'd sung about. It might come up that she picked his name at random and wasn't actually overcome with passion for him, and that seemed like an awkward conversation for both of them. So she found a place to be in the crowd and looked around to see if anyone she'd met was present.

[pm if approached!]
Crane Clan | Artisan | Bad Health | Confectioner

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 1.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 4

Equipment: Wakizashi, fan, candy sculptures, parasol, beautiful clothing
Doji Ameka

Postby Asako Hirase on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:31 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:"We fought alongside each other against the orochi," Yue explained. "I trust him with my life."

She met Hirase's gaze after his final question from behind her fan. Her answer was simple. "No." For all the protection a fan could offer, it was clear that she found the situation incredibly uncomfortable.

The tiniest of nods followed. He would happily act as social yojimbo for her.

"There are some fine musicians here, both in your Clan and otherwise." It was meaningless conversation, meant to ease her discomfort. "I admit, I'd expected the first event of the Moto to be more physical. I suppose that's Butaj's influence, though...have you met him?"

Asako Hirase

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields