[D7 EM] Close Combat

Re: [D7 EM] Close Combat

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:43 pm

Tomoe carefully began to stretch her arms.

"Well, it happened the year 442, so it was some time ago. Two years before the battle, a group of foreigners from the distant land of Merenae approached the Empire, and according to some records, it was said they had an ancient banner of the Ki-Rin clan even to show as a sign of goodwill to grant them audience. They were allowed a two-year period to prove themselves in the eyes of the Empire, by the grace of Empress Hantei Yugozohime. When the two years were up, it was decided that they would no longer be welcome and they were ordered to leave. And well... to cut a long story short, they took offense to that and launched an attack on the Imperial City with cannonfire, killing the Empress and the Lion Clan Champion who was protecting her. They were successfully beaten back by the superior tactics of the Lion and the justified outrage of the city's people who rose up to avenge their Empress, their fleet shattered and defeated."

"It is an event that certainly affected the Empire's view on gaijin for centuries to come; the use of cannons and firearms were banned by Imperial proclamation, for instance."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:47 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:He smiled, "What does she like?"

He paused for a moment before asking, "And what does her master like?"

"Hikazume enjoys apples, Soshi-san." She perked her brow at his question but decided to answer anyways. "I have enjoyed the sweets of the Empire. I must also admit that I enjoy drinking a lot of kumis."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:48 pm

He chuckled, "A drinking woman eh? Seems like it's a pretty common thread among the Unicorn I've met here."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:50 pm

Yue shrugged. "I do not get drunk easily. I drink kumis for the taste."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:51 pm

Usagi Tomoe wrote:Tomoe carefully began to stretch her arms.

"Well, it happened the year 442, so it was some time ago. Two years before the battle, a group of foreigners from the distant land of Merenae approached the Empire, and according to some records, it was said they had an ancient banner of the Ki-Rin clan even to show as a sign of goodwill to grant them audience. They were allowed a two-year period to prove themselves in the eyes of the Empire, by the grace of Empress Hantei Yugozohime. When the two years were up, it was decided that they would no longer be welcome and they were ordered to leave. And well... to cut a long story short, they took offense to that and launched an attack on the Imperial City with cannonfire, killing the Empress and the Lion Clan Champion who was protecting her. They were successfully beaten back by the superior tactics of the Lion and the justified outrage of the city's people who rose up to avenge their Empress, their fleet shattered and defeated."

"It is an event that certainly affected the Empire's view on gaijin for centuries to come; the use of cannons and firearms were banned by Imperial proclamation, for instance."

"Merenaw.. I have never heard of their tribe." he admitted, wondering for the umpteenth time how he'd ever have the time to catch up with everything that had happened. "Though, they say that some of us sailed over a great sea. Perhaps it is the Merenaw the stories are referring to." On the other hand, being close to Tomoe seemed to help with the whole 'catching up' part, a thought that set off butterflies in his stomach.

"Well.. I can see them being upset after the trial period, but... one should respect one's word." he shrugged. "Shows that these gaijin... like most gaijin, have no sense of honor." Dong-Ha's view of honor also probably different from Tomoe's, but at leas they shared some common ground. "They never returned, then?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:52 pm

He smiled and nodded, "I don't think I'd expect any of you to get drunk easily."

He then smiled, "It was definitely an interesting beverage when I had it at the banquet."
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:57 pm

"If they were ever sighted again, there have been no official reports of it. Who knows... the Mantis might've seen something, as it is their duty to watch the seas. Or perhaps they realised that the honor and courage of the samurai of Rokugan will not be easily cowed." Tomoe shrugged. "I just wish there was more information available on these foreigners... to think of what we could have learned about them, what might have compelled them to react so violently to the Empress' edict. With more understanding of one another, things could have turned out differently."
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:04 pm

"I guess... Merenaw meeting Moto would explain how they new where to look for the Empire." he noted, eyes gleaming. "Tomoe-san would like to learn more about foreigners? The Ide told us that the topic is... taboo within the Empire." The courtiers had not bothered to explain why, though Tomoe's story had shone some light on that matter. "The Ide are apt at that. They served Shinjo-kami as diplomats in foreign lands. They would find a way to talk and be understood as they'd learn to understood the ways and languages of the others."

"Is Tomoe-san interested in these Merenew people, or all foreigners in general?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:10 pm

There was some pink in her cheeks. "Well... I like to think that violent misunderstandings can be avoided the more knowledge one has. And I am always interested in learning more." Especially since the Unicorn seem to have brought foreign tribes into their fold.

"It's not illegal, but yes, there is a social taboo around gaijin knowledge... which is probably why many find it, uhm... a little awkward, with some of the traditions of the Unicorn that seem foreign," she murmured in a quiet tone, not wanting to cause any offense.
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:18 pm

"I cannot claim much, but I do know few things about Ujik-Hai, the Dahabi, Ra'Shari and Yodotai." Dong-Ha listed the four tribes his small group had interacted with before the Unicorn had been called to return the Empire. "Well, I mean I guess Ujik-Hai of the past. They are Moto now, as you know," He was almost certain he had told her.

If the young Iuchi was offended, he didn't show it. "Eh, I am sure they do, just as some of your traditions seem foreign to us." Dong-Ha shrugged. "As long as we can sit down and talk things through, it should be fine, neh?" he offered her a disarming smile. "So, would you like to hear an another story about foreign lands and their people, then?"
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:22 pm

She nodded. "Ah yes, I believe it was you who told me of the Ujik-hai becoming the Moto Family..." Clearly, the Ujik-Hai had been of a better breed than these other gaijin, seeing as they had acknowledge the Celestial Order and sworn fealty to the Ki-Rin.

"I imagine some of the things we do must look weird to you, yes," Tomoe grinned, trying to imagine a Unicorn's first encounter with something like an Onsen, or a proper Tea Ceremony... or a more likely one soon, the Rokugani wedding traditions. At least she had learned of their traditions around that particular ceremony.

"I'm always ear for a new story to learn, Dong-Ha-san, if you'd be so kind."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:26 pm

"Uh, I'd love to.." he looked at the wrestling duo. "But perhaps this is not the place or time for that. I can try to think something for later." Dong-Ha added to ward of her disappointment.
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:29 pm

"Of course," she nodded, understanding that it was indeed not the place for this kind of exchange. "... Tomorrow, perhaps? I heard that today's challenge set forth by the Moto will take up most of the afternoon, and I've already taken up much of your time."
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:45 pm

"Ah, and I have enjoyed every moment." Dong-Ha quipped in return, standing as well. "But let's meet tomorrow then." he had hoped he'd gotten closer to her, but that had not happened. Luckily, there was always the next day. "Good luck for the event today."
Unicorn Clan • Mystic

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:22 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:He smiled and nodded, "I don't think I'd expect any of you to get drunk easily."

He then smiled, "It was definitely an interesting beverage when I had it at the banquet."

Yue smirked. "What was your favorite meal at the dinner? I tried every plate that I could stomach," she boasted.

Shinjo Liu Yue

PreviousNext

Return to Calm Heart Dojo