[D7 EM] Close Combat

Re: [D7 EM] Close Combat

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:45 pm

"Maybe you're underestimating me because I am smaller than you?" she teasingly suggested and ready herself for the next ground.

Perhaps fatigue was setting in, as she failed again to grab onto Dong-Ha when he was ready.

---

D7 EM Jiujutsu/Agility to grab Dong-Ha. TN 15: 3d10o10k2 13
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:10 pm

"Perhaps." Dong-Ha muttered, turning to the side as she dashed in. He caught Tomoe by her left arm and tried to toss her over his hip.

Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Kitsune Kumahime on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:12 pm

Moto Baatar wrote:Moto Baatar wandered in soon after, glancing at the others as he arrived. "Good morning, minna-san," he goodmorninged with as much sincerity as he could manage, before selecting a bokken from the rack.

The young Unicorn began practicing sword moves, but as he noticed Kumahime doing a kata by herself, he offered, "Hey! Want to practice together?"

Somewhere along the way, Kumahime slows her own practice to watch the match, smiling as Tomoe does well, all things considered. Even with little training, the way of the Hare is as strong as she remembers.

Still, she does not comment. Rather, he turns to the Moto who approached her before the fight distracted them.

"I would be honored by the opportunity to spar, Moto-sama. I am Kitsune Kumahime, Student of the Proud Bear," she drops into a low stance, ready to charge, favoring no weapon. She will not insult the little Unicorn by pretending he isn't a threat. Trained as she is to take on armed swordsmen barehanded, she can't afford to take any armed opponent lightly.

((Fair warning. I am still quite limited availability.
Initiative, so'st you don't have to wait on me if you want to roll straight into violence vice some more banter first.
Initiative: 3d10o10k2 25
Attack stance, ATN15.))
Fox Clan • Bushi • Large • Gullible • Student of the Proud Bear • Amateur Veterinarian • One Eye
Status 1.0 • Glory 1.0 • Honor 3.5 • Courtship 0
Carries: Daisho, tanto, medicine kit
Kitsune Kumahime

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:19 pm

Iuchi Dong-Ha wrote:"Perhaps." Dong-Ha muttered, turning to the side as she dashed in. He caught Tomoe by her left arm and tried to toss her over his hip.

It was a close call, Tomoe nearly breaking free of his hold, but Dong-Ha finally managed to throw her down.

"Oof!" A surprised breath was knocked out of her. "... Guess I got cocky..."

---

D7 EM Jiujutsu/Strength to oppose Dong-Ha: 3d10o10k2 11
ProfileMusic

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:25 pm

"A bit." he nodded. "But still, you are doing pretty well for someone who hasn't done this that much." Dong-Ha admitted willingly. And someone so damn small... and cute. As soon as Tomoe had gotten up, Dong-Ha pressed in to her, grasping her waist and tried to push her down while using one of his legs to trip her. If he's succeed, they'd both tumble down, though Dong-Ha would land on top.

Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:31 pm

Feeling his weight bearing forward, Tomoe avoided his leg-sweep and tried to use the momentum against him so she could pin him down instead.

---

D7 EM Jiujutsu/Strength to oppose having Dong-Ha land ontop of me!: 3d10o10k2 23
D7 EM Jiujutsu/Strength "No, you go down with me on top!": 3d10o10k2 15
ProfileMusic

Usagi Tomoe

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:33 pm

Dong-Ha saw what Tomoe was trying to do and yielded, only to twist so that her momentum would carry her to the ground.

Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:46 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:Yuuru smiled as he watched the exchange.

She's doing quite well. Buff Bunny...

He chuckled.

Yue arrived a bit early for her planned meeting with her sister, Fei. She approached the Soshi because he did not seem otherwise engaged. "Ohayou gozaimasu, Soshi-san." She figured he did not remember her referring to him as 'Yuuru-dono' beforehand. She gave him a small smirk. "Are you a skilled wrestler like your cousin? I have heard that the Soshi Family is prized for their magistrates."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Moto Baatar on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:51 pm

Kitsune Kumahime wrote:"I would be honored by the opportunity to spar, Moto-sama. I am Kitsune Kumahime, Student of the Proud Bear," she drops into a low stance, ready to charge, favoring no weapon. She will not insult the little Unicorn by pretending he isn't a threat. Trained as she is to take on armed swordsmen barehanded, she can't afford to take any armed opponent lightly.

((Fair warning. I am still quite limited availability.
Initiative, so'st you don't have to wait on me if you want to roll straight into violence vice some more banter first.
Initiative: 3d10o10k2 25
Attack stance, ATN15.))

"I'm Moto Baatar," the young Unicorn replied. "Did you really study with a talking bear? Wow!"

Baatar readied his bokken, but was startled at how cat-quick the large woman proved to be.

--
Initiative 11
Attack stance (ATN15)

No worries if you don't have enough bandwidth to do an actual fight - if you prefer we can just RP it out.
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:53 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:
Soshi Yuuru wrote:Yuuru smiled as he watched the exchange.

She's doing quite well. Buff Bunny...

He chuckled.

Yue arrived a bit early for her planned meeting with her sister, Fei. She approached the Soshi because he did not seem otherwise engaged. "Ohayou gozaimasu, Soshi-san." She figured he did not remember her referring to him as 'Yuuru-dono' beforehand. She gave him a small smirk. "Are you a skilled wrestler like your cousin? I have heard that the Soshi Family is prized for their magistrates."

Yuuru turned and smiled, "Ah, Shinjo-san! It's a pleasure to see you again."

He nodded, "I've had a bit of training, yes. I too was trained in our magistrate school. Have you done much bariqu?"
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Honor: Untrustworthy - Glory: 1.0 - Status: 1.0 - Courtship Points: 5
Carries: Daisho, Parangu, Sturdy kimono, Travel pack, Naga-shaped Netsuke
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:57 pm

Soshi Yuuru wrote:Yuuru turned and smiled, "Ah, Shinjo-san! It's a pleasure to see you again."

He nodded, "I've had a bit of training, yes. I too was trained in our magistrate school. Have you done much bariqu?"

Yue shook her head. "I did not wrestle much after my injuries," she stated plainly, "However, I have learned a bit here at this miai." She glanced at Dong-ha and the Hare briefly. I wonder what this man is thinking. Could it be that their little escapade was just a rumor?

She knew better now to ask about that, at least directly. "How has the miai treated you, Soshi-san?"
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:59 pm

"It's been quite interesting so far Shinjo-san. I've learned a great deal about your people and where you come from... I have to say that I've grown quite fond of most of the people I've met." He smiled.

"And how about you? Find any handsome prince to marry yet?"
Scorpion Clan • Unlucky • Bushi • Cartographer • Explorer • 'Big Fish' Honesty • Engaged to Moto Khulun
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:01 pm

"I am glad that you have come to appreciate my Clan," she said with a warm smile. As for the matter of suitors, she tried to stay amused. "I have a few suitors," she tossed out. She was suspicious about Yogo Yuichi and she was starting to believe there may be even more men lurking about, vying for her affection.

Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Soshi Yuuru on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:04 pm

He smiled, "Anyone I know?"
Description
Soshi Yuuru

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Yue thought, briefly, on being coy about it. However, there was nothing to be gained from it. "One suitor is Soshi Taira-dono. I am sure you know him."

Shinjo Liu Yue

PreviousNext

Return to Calm Heart Dojo