Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Re: Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:10 pm

Seppun Hideo wrote:He turned to Kitakuhime, taking a moment before speaking quietly so that only Kitaku and Samai could hear.

"Otaku-sama, forgive me for approaching a...perhaps sensitive subject, but may I enquire as to the...reason behind the choosing of your song target?"

She takes a lot of time to reply, as thoughts race her head to find a way to synthesize the myriad of reasons in a sentence or two. Something would prevent unnecessary questioning and further discord.

"Why would Seppun-san want to know that: Simply because of curiosity or are there ulterior reasons?" Kitakuhime asks –– innocently worried.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:11 pm

Moto Baatar wrote:"Oh... it was a joke!" Baatar feigned a confused smile, but it was obvious that he didn't really understand the joke.

"So the Crab fight a lot at weddings, too?" he asked. "I guess they must have a lot of those 'duelist' types then?"

"The Crab fight a lot in general. Probably more wrestling for non-fatal fights. And more heavy weapons for the fatal kind. They are not as a rule, duelists. Their duty is to protect the Empire from the Enemy who has little interest in formal duels."
Scorpion Merchant * Kuge * Blessed By Daikoku * Wealthy * Black Sheep

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Seppun Hideo on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:20 pm

Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:She takes a lot of time to reply, as thoughts race her head to find a way to synthesize the myriad of reasons in a sentence or two. Something would prevent unnecessary questioning and further discord.

"Why would Seppun-san want to know that: Simply because of curiosity or are there ulterior reasons?" Kitakuhime asks –– innocently worried.

"I am curious, Otaku-sama" Hideo said honestly "the competition was set up for the participants to sing out for those they have a romantic interest in, which is a very unusual contest. However, while Moto are very...unique in their thinking, I would be surprised if they had expected the dedications you and some of your kin have made."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:29 pm

Seppun Hideo wrote:"I am curious, Otaku-sama" Hideo said honestly "the competition was set up for the participants to sing out for those they have a romantic interest in, which is a very unusual contest. However, while Moto are very...unique in their thinking, I would be surprised if they had expected the dedications you and some of your kin have made."

She frowns a bit at his response. "I understand it is odd, but I didn't want to offend the Moto. So, I sang," She tilts her head a bit, "In the same fashion Seppun-san and all the other guests did." Kitakuhime opens a hand, indicating everyone else.

"Proper etiquette, of course, tells us this is not 'adequate'. I am fully aware, and will bring this matter to Ide Dabo-sama 'later'." The Otaku princess looks into his eyes. "Be sure: I am not offended by your song, and I hope Seppun-sas has found no offense in mine."
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Moto Baatar on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:31 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:"The Crab fight a lot in general. Probably more wrestling for non-fatal fights. And more heavy weapons for the fatal kind. They are not as a rule, duelists. Their duty is to protect the Empire from the Enemy who has little interest in formal duels."

"That does sound a lot more like how we settle arguments," the young Moto admitted. "I had heard before that the Crab had a duty to fight monsters; that must be an exciting life. Do the Scorpion have a special duty, as well?"
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:33 pm

Asako Hirase wrote:Freshly finished and flush with a certain degree of satisfaction, if not pride, Hirase made his way to the group of listeners. He hoped to talk to Yue and take any ill-will he might have coming head on like a samurai should, but saw she was in conversation.

So he moseyed in her general vicinity, trying to catch her eye, but did not move to intrude.

{{Waiting for Yue but happy to chat to whoever, PM please!}}

Yue walked over to Hirase with her fan covering her face to entire way. She took a seat next to him and looked at him. It was clear that behind her shield that her face was mortified. "Your song was interesting, Hirase-san."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Seppun Hideo on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:36 pm

Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:She frowns a bit at his response. "I understand it is odd, but I didn't want to offend the Moto. So, I sang," She tilts her head a bit, "In the same fashion Seppun-san and all the other guests did." Kitakuhime opens a hand, indicating everyone else.

"Proper etiquette, of course, tells us this is not 'adequate'. I am fully aware, and will bring this matter to Ide Dabo-sama 'later'." The Otaku princess looks into his eyes. "Be sure: I am not offended by your song, and I hope Seppun-sas has found no offense in mine."

Hideo considered the answer as he met her eyes with his. He didn't seem offended, and nodded as she explained. "Before I offer my opinion on the matter, I have one last question to ask, Otaku-sama; have none of the male candidates garnered your interest enough to be worthy of a song?"
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:40 pm

Mizuki nods. "All Clans do. The Scorpion discover the hidden threats to the Empire and deal with them. If something falls outside of the other Clans' duties, it is ours. These threats can range from traitors to tsukais."

His response to the Crab duty made Mizuki feels like she at least needs to warn him. "Though I do have to you warn you that the Crab face danger beyond the monsters they fight. Those monsters spread the Taint which can warp even the most honorable samurai into the Enemy's pawns. If you ever go to Crab lands, make sure you have jade on your person."

Honor: Untrustworthy * Status: 3.0 * Glory: 1.0 * Infamy: 0.2 Courtship Points: 6
Yogo Mizuki

Postby Asako Hirase on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:41 pm

Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:Yue walked over to Hirase with her fan covering her face to entire way. She took a seat next to him and looked at him. It was clear that behind her shield that her face was mortified. "Your song was interesting, Hirase-san."

He smiled at her, admittedly a bit sheepish now, rubbing the back of his head with one hand.

"I hoped...it might help. On a few levels." Growing more serious, he said, "I meant what I said about not minding. But I also thought it might be useful, given how many of your Clan sisters have declared similarly, to remind everyone that just because a partner doesn't desire you in the flesh, it doesn't mean you can't still make a happy life together. I wouldn't have ever said such a thing publicly anywhere but here, but, well..." He shrugged, then looked at her sidelong. "If I've offended you, I humbly apologize."
Phoenix Clan * Courtier * Widower * Single Father * Husband-elect of Shinjo Liu Yue
Glory: 1.0 Status: 1.0 Honor: What is Expected

Orange Text = Speaking Yobanjin * Description

Always Carries: Writing materials, healthy snacks, fan
Asako Hirase

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:42 pm

Seppun Hideo wrote:Hideo considered the answer as he met her eyes with his. He didn't seem offended, and nodded as she explained. "Before I offer my opinion on the matter, I have one last question to ask, Otaku-sama; have none of the male candidates garnered your interest enough to be worthy of a song?"

"Quite a few have. But I don't understand: Wasn't the intention of the song to be a romantic interest –– any one romantic interest?"

She puts both palms of her hands up. "Perhaps Seppun-san is making a bit of a confusion here. I do not need to show or have romantic feelings with my future husband. I am here at this miai to honor my clan, to marry and have healthy, honorable children to serve the Unicorn and the Emperor. That is my duty, and I intend to see it realized. My romantic preferences have nothing to do with duty."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Matsu Kogo on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:44 pm

Kogo entered the stands, slightly dazed after her performance and seeking a chair. She sits down towards the back of the stands, watching the others move and seeing Shinjo Akil sitting with Shinjo Liu Yue. She looks around for Monkhbaatar, but doesn't find him easily. She decides to have some more water and wait.

(PM if approaching)
Lion Clan • Beastmaster • Gullible • Idealistic • Paragon: Courtesy
Honor: What is expected l Status: 1 l Glory: 1 l Courtship : 1

Carries: Wakizashi, sweets, traveling game of Go, jade

internal thoughts
Accompanied by Warcat Noburu at most times.
Matsu Kogo

Postby Moto Baatar on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:44 pm

Yogo Mizuki wrote:Mizuki nods. "All Clans do. The Scorpion discover the hidden threats to the Empire and deal with them. If something falls outside of the other Clans' duties, it is ours. These threats can range from traitors to tsukais."

His response to the Crab duty made Mizuki feels like she at least needs to warn him. "Though I do have to you warn you that the Crab face danger beyond the monsters they fight. Those monsters spread the Taint which can warp even the most honorable samurai into the Enemy's pawns. If you ever go to Crab lands, make sure you have jade on your person."

"Huh!" Baatar said again. "Jade, eh? I'll be sure to remember," he promised.

"Hunting traitors and tsukai must be Serious Business," Baatar commented. "I bet coming to something as pleasant as a miai must be a welcome respite from that, eh?"
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:47 pm

While he was watching the whispered conversation, Kemuri heard Kogo's voice. For the duration of her song, he was distracted, smiling in appreciation of the performance. He was surprised and pleased that she had chosen to sing, regardless of who the subject was.

As she joined the other observers, he gave her an encouraging smile and a nod. Then, his attention returned to the matter at hand.
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Shinjo Liu Yue on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:48 pm

Asako Hirase wrote:
Shinjo Liu Yue wrote:Yue walked over to Hirase with her fan covering her face to entire way. She took a seat next to him and looked at him. It was clear that behind her shield that her face was mortified. "Your song was interesting, Hirase-san."

He smiled at her, admittedly a bit sheepish now, rubbing the back of his head with one hand.

"I hoped...it might help. On a few levels." Growing more serious, he said, "I meant what I said about not minding. But I also thought it might be useful, given how many of your Clan sisters have declared similarly, to remind everyone that just because a partner doesn't desire you in the flesh, it doesn't mean you can't still make a happy life together. I wouldn't have ever said such a thing publicly anywhere but here, but, well..." He shrugged, then looked at her sidelong. "If I've offended you, I humbly apologize."

Yue blinked and looked at him with bemused eyes. "Are you certain that my song was sincere? I may have sung it because I did not want to choose a suitor so blatantly in front of the crowd."
Unicorn - Bushi - Horrible Burns - Missing Left Arm - Damaged Eye - Rather Tall - Unfamiliar (Gaijin) Name - Dauntless
Status 1.0 - Glory 2.0 / Infamy 0.2 - Honour: Untrustworthy - Courtship: 5
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin

Typically Carries: Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Fan, Small Hand Mirror, Finger of Jade, Coin Purse, Small Knife, Medicine Kit, Sake Cup

Riding Horse: Hikazume, Puppy: Gon
Shinjo Liu Yue

Postby Yogo Mizuki on Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:50 pm

"The miai has been lovely. Though while my Clan's duties are to hunt the hidden threats, my personal duty is to support them by ensuring trade flows in and out of my Clan. Admittedly, less exciting, but necessary. I'm curious, how do you see the Unicorn's role now that they have returned?" Honestly, Mizuki wasn't sure why she never asked anyone this yet.

Yogo Mizuki

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields