Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Re: Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Postby Ide Samai on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:12 am

"Hai, I have been blessed." With headaches. Upon headaches.

She bowed to the Imperial too. Oh joy.

"Konnichiwa Seppun-sama."
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Seppun Hideo on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:16 am

"Mina-sama" Hideo said with a polite smile "good afternoon. I hope you are all well?"

He paused to consider wording.

"This has been a quite...unique event, ne?" stick with polite for now...
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:23 am

Kitakuhime keeps her flat, thin smile stamped. "Good afternoon. I am and hope the Fortunes blessed Seppun-san today as well."
Last edited by Otaku Kitakuhime on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Shinjo Kemuri on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:23 am

Kemuri turned to find the Ide and the Seppun approaching. He bowed deeply to greet them both.

"Konnichiwa, mina-sama."

He took a step back, but remained, observing quietly.
Unicorn Clan Marta Family Bushi Hunter Explorer Storyteller Completely Honest Rides Sarangerel
Honor: Expected • Status: .5 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4

Carries: Water, Knife, Sake Cup, Chopsticks, Dice
As Appropriate: Daisho, Light Armor, Daikyu, Quiver, Lantern, Cloak, Hat
Shinjo Kemuri

Postby Moto Baatar on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:28 am

Yogo Mizuki wrote:"Ie. I'm a merchant, so my methods tend to be tried and true. Well, I did find an expert to try my product and give testimony to his lord. The Ikoma had some thoughts about that, but he did pick me over the Yasuki."

She shrugs. "I heard in Crab lands, if there's not at least three deaths at a wedding, it's considered a boring affair."

Baatar blinked in surprise at this new information. "And they call us uncivilized," he remarked sardonically.

"I haven't met many Crab so far; only that Yasuki that always brings sake. He seemed like a nice guy, are most of them not like him?"
Unicorn Clan • Samurai • Gaijin Name • Failure of Courtesy
Honor: Untrustworthy • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 0.0 • Courtship: 4
carries: scimitar, wakizashi, shochu, puppy. when appropriate: Unicorn horse, riding armor
Moto Baatar

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:54 am

Kitakuhime was about to reply goodbye to Kemuri when Takeo starts singing for her. Her eyes immediately fall over him. Hearbeat accelerates, and her guard nearly drops into tears. She persists in defense, inspired, perhaps, by his very song.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Ide Samai on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:58 am

"Hai, quite so Seppun-san." Samai's tired, beaten heart was not moved by the song. At least our cousin has some sense.

"It seems that you have been blessed by Benten, perhaps?" Her voice was polite, artificial warmth put in. She wanted to drag the Shiotome kuge away and give her a good talking to, but hey, Courtesy is a pain.
Unicorn Emissary * Gaijin Rose * Storyteller
Honor: What is expected * Status: 2.0 * Glory: 0.0 * Courtship: 2
Carries: Wakizashi, Fan, perfume (rose), coin purse
Ide Samai

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:06 am

Kitakuhime snaps out in time not make this even more awkward, replying to Samai in a proper tune so those engaged in the conversation would not be left out, "As the Iuchi proclaimed. I devote prayers to Benten-no-kami in gratitude."

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:11 am

Moto Khulun wrote:“Well I hope you have a backup plan? There’s always young, handsome Baatar,” she adds trying to add a silver lining to the dark cloud.

"Backup plan?" Tomoe scoffed softly. Of course she didn't have one, because she had realised some time ago she was far enough down on the listings, it didn't matter what she did. "I keep fighting, that is my backup plan," she said with a wry smile.
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Butaj on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:24 am

Butaj enters the fray, or whatever frayed fray has been left after all the indignation, angst and accusations of dishonor that rolled through when he was waiting for his turn to sing a song. He is mightily confused, and many thoughts fly across his head like drunk herons or sun-blinded bats, about the romantic inclinations between Kitaku and Misa and between Yue and Mizuki. And about Hanashi's song for Misa too. For the record, he knows exactly where Khulun's thoughts were coming from and doesn't see any flaw in them, understanding something for once. But in this floating mush of ambiguity there is one someone who shines bright in his eyes without it, and this is who his eyes set on when he enters the area. She is in a conversation so he doesn't rush, but he remains spellbound moving among people as if they were dim and grey, and only she has sharp contours and vivid colors he can perceive with accuracy and detail.

(Butaj can be approached)
Scorpion Clan | Bushi | Big Bad Keshig | Black Horse | Slacker | Soul of the Steppe | Honest
Profile | Expected Honor | Status 1 | Glory 0

Has: furs & leathers, daisho, knife, one of musical instruments, skin of kumis, keepsake, Yuki's fan
Sometimes also: bow, horse, light armor, other musical instruments, tent
Moto Butaj

Postby Seppun Hideo on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:26 am

Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:Kitakuhime keeps her flat, thin smile stamped. "Good afternoon. I am and hope the Fortunes blessed Seppun-san today as well."

"I certainly feel blessed" Hideo nodded politely, pausing for the next songs...to Kitakuhime.

Ide Samai wrote:"Hai, quite so Seppun-san." Samai's tired, beaten heart was not moved by the song. At least our cousin has some sense.

"It seems that you have been blessed by Benten, perhaps?" Her voice was polite, artificial warmth put in. She wanted to drag the Shiotome kuge away and give her a good talking to, but hey, Courtesy is a pain.

"Hai, Benten has smiled upon me it seems. I have been duly blessed to find one that I would be blessed to marry, not that I ever expected to be asked to sing her name like so" he looked over at Kita..

Otaku Kitakuhime wrote:Kitakuhime snaps out in time not make this even more awkward, replying to Samai in a proper tune so those engaged in the conversation would not be left out, "As the Iuchi proclaimed. I devote prayers to Benten-no-kami in gratitude."

...and nodded with a smile. "It seems Otaku-sama has found one that wishes to sing to her."

He paused before adding "mina-sama sang very lovely songs, both...unique in their own ways."
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:00 am

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"Backup plan?" Tomoe scoffed softly. Of course she didn't have one, because she had realised some time ago she was far enough down on the listings, it didn't matter what she did. "I keep fighting, that is my backup plan," she said with a wry smile.

“Good, never stop fighting. I think they all want Great Dong-Ha because he knows magic, just my guess who knows with the Imperial samurai,” she says honestly.

“I would see you succeed.”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:04 am

Seppun Hideo wrote:...and nodded with a smile. "It seems Otaku-sama has found one that wishes to sing to her."

He paused before adding "mina-sama sang very lovely songs, both...unique in their own ways."

She nods thankfully, and waits to see what else they wanted to say in silence.

Otaku Kitakuhime

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:04 am

"Thank you," she bowed her head. When she first came here, she hadn't expected someone like Khulun to be her big supporter, but there she was... and Tomoe appriciated it.

"I hope you will succeed in getting your lion too. You two make a good couple."
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:07 am

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"Thank you," she bowed her head. When she first came here, she hadn't expected someone like Khulun to be her big supporter, but there she was... and Tomoe appriciated it.

"I hope you will succeed in getting your lion too. You two make a good couple."

Seeing the Dragon make a play for Imane she nods and adds, “I think he would look great in furs atop a horse. Very strong, very fierce. We would have good children, and much fun in making them.”

“You know he is named after giant killer, fierce name.”
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields