Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Re: Power Ballad Observation Thread (D7, EA & LA)

Postby Seppun Hitako on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:15 am

Having finally finished her own poor efforts, Hitako escapes to the stands, to watch. Which turns out to be a surprisingly busy area, as she notes her cousin moving to the new Miya that showed up late. Something, she wasn't sure what, had happened.
Seppun Hitako
Imperial • Shugenja • Sahir • Friendly Jinn
Honor: What is expected • Glory: 1 • Status: 1.5 • Courtship: 9
Mekhem
Seppun Hitako

Postby Usagi Tomoe on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:12 am

Moto Khulun wrote:“Well I think you better thajeg n whoever else wants the Great Dong-Ha. Good match for him, smart and think big. I will pray that you find way to his side if you wish it,” she replies.

“None have sung for me, not surprised. I am hard woman.”

"Would you want Matsu-sama to sing for you?" Tomoe asked with a grin. The sight would be rather funny.

Aaaand then random Seppun out of nowhere also dedicating it to Dong-Ha. How the hell did she end up fighting for the most wanted guy? And this one was even further ahead of her than the Scorpion.

Why do I bother...? I can't catch up at this rate...
Hare Clan • Sly Courtier • Sage • Soul of Tamamo-no-Mae • Herbalist • Fox-Child
ProfileMusic
Honor: Exceptional • Status: 1.0 • Glory: 1.0 • Courtship: 6!

Has: Wakizashi, pet tortoise (Ganko), fan, scroll or book, jade, stone, med-kit.
Usagi Tomoe

Postby Shinjo Akil on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:35 am

Miya Mei wrote:"My displeasure is in that she would not listen to the urgency of my desire to speak with the three of them. I simply wished to pull them aside as you have me, and discuss it with them. I am embarrassed at having to shout my love for Shinjo Kemuri-san to the Four Winds, but I understand there are differences between our people and I accept that."

"What I am not accepting of is refusing to allow me to assist in helping the three of them know what to say should the rest of the day come difficult for them due to their actions. Thrice I offered to talk in private, thrice I was denied. Otaku-sama wanted to wait until tomorrow and have tea. By then, the whole camp would be abound by rumors! I impressed to her that the Unicorn name had already been drug through the mud, and pushing me aside would only do so further."

"When everything is said and done, my frustration is no longer even about the minor etiquette dispute, it is more about her insulting my honor to assist, and for her, it was me insulting her ability as a leader, her clan's honor and traditions, and many other things that might have been said in the heat of the moment in my urgency."

Mei shakes her head.

"There is no need for a duel to the death. A duel to first blood is acceptable and all I wish for."

He moved as indicated.

"With respect, she had not denied you the opportunity to assist. Did you ever ask her why she wished for the delay to tomorrow? It strikes me, at least, that a woman of Kitakuhime-sama's name and stature would have reason to act as she has."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Permanent Injury | Hero

Honor: What is expected | Glory: 3.0 | Status: 1.0 | Courtship Points: 1

"Want to be a hero? I have some advice for you. It hurts like hell."

Mekhem

Equipment: Daisho, tanto, flute, sturdy clothing, sake cup

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Iuchi Dong-Ha on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:47 am

Somewhere, further away from the gathered crowd Dong-Ha was sitting on the ground, fanning his face with his hand. Well this is awkward...
Unicorn Clan • Mystic
Honor: Expected • Status: 1.0 • Infamy: 0.3 • Courtship: 2

"Power is what you think it is."
Languages: Mekhem
Carries: Wakizashi, assorted shamanistic trinkets and baubles, woolen robes, knife
Gaijin riding horse: Poppy
Iuchi Dong-Ha

Postby Matsu Yurio on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:31 am

Shinjo Liu Fei wrote:Suteichi's performance had caused Liu Fei to raise the fan he had given her, concealing her expression with a practiced effort. When she settled enough from it she allowed the fan to drop and keep her inner delight to herself.

While discussions happened elsewhere, Fei did her best to do the proper Rokugani thing and just continued with her conversation unhindered. Well, she tried to, but Suteichi's words gave her a few seconds pause that were used to compose herself again.

When she finally did, however, she tried to do the right thing by not turning to Suteichi. "Perhaps not, Matsu-sama, but it does seem a rather strange time to be so confident she will be doing so. Or.. the Crane are also more artistic?" she seemed to ask earnestly but continued with or without a quick answer. "Maybe it is from that sense, one where it is an art?"

That she had the Scorpions fan was noticed but Yurio was not crass enough to turn around and give Suteichi a high five just yet. He could big up the Scorpion in other ways.

"Oh the Crane are artistic enough, but they tend to two extremes. Idealised courtly things and that dark, deathly pale stuff that came out of the Kakita Academy a few years back. For proper entertainment you want a Scorpion. Their actors and actresses are far superior in every way."

You'd better thank me for this later, Scorpion I don't know the name of yet-san.
Lion Clan * Bushi * Scout * Small * Daring * KITTEH *
Soon to be Purple KITTEH Doggeh Trainer

Glory 1.0 * Status 1.0 * Honour Exceptional * Courtship 3!

Carries: Daisho, fan, sake cup.
When permitted: No-dachi, light armour.
Sometimes accompanied by: Neko

Panthera leo matsu militarus-minimus
Matsu Yurio

Postby Miya Mei on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:59 am

Shinjo Akil wrote: He moved as indicated.

"With respect, she had not denied you the opportunity to assist. Did you ever ask her why she wished for the delay to tomorrow? It strikes me, at least, that a woman of Kitakuhime-sama's name and stature would have reason to act as she has."

"While I did not ask, she gave reason. Otamu-sama believed it would be disrespectful to the Moto hosting this event if we were to have our discussion now."

Mei takes a long, slow breath.

"In the end, we were more disrespectful than anything I originally had planned to say."
Imperial | Duelist | Kakita Trained | Unmarriable
Honor: Exceptional | Glory: 1.0 |Infamy 1.0 | Status 1.5 | CP: -2

Description

Wielder of an elegantly decorated katana, Meng. D8+ carries Shinjo Kemuri's Fan
Miya Mei

Postby Shinjo Akil on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:00 am

"So it seems," is all he said with a shrug. He bowed calmly, "thank you for an enlightening conversation, Miya-sama."

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Miya Mei on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:08 am

Mei bows

"And you for yours. Please, if you have any sort of relationship with Otaku-sama, can you express that a duel to the death is much too serious? Even the outcomes of duels to first blood can make clan relations turn sour for centuries. A duel to the death can cause wars"

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Shinjo Akil on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:10 am

"It is not my place to question the wisdom of Otaku-sama," is all he stated in reply. "But perhaps my reputation will convince her to at least here my thoughts."

Mekhem

Character image

Setem- his Horse

Description
Shinjo Akil

Postby Miya Mei on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:13 am

"You have my thanks."

Mei bows again and turns back to watch the performances.

Description

Miya Mei

Postby Asako Yuki on Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:52 am

Seppun Hideo wrote:
Asako Yuki wrote:Yuki blushed a little. "Perhaps not so much talented as determined." She paused. "I think Doji-san and Ide-san have put up the best performances so far." Her gaze lingered for a moment on those that were still lined up to go. "Though there are a few I am eager to hear from as well."

"Ah, hai. There are a few..." he started, before all jigoku breaks loose between Kitaku and the Miya. He cannot quite hide the stress on his face as he closes his eyes then opens them slowly.

"Asako-san, I hope you will forgive me for rudeness, but there is something that needs my immediate attention. Perhaps to apologise for cutting our conversation short, you could join me tomorrow for tea? It has been too long since I shared tea with the Phoenix, and your company would make tea a far more enjoyable experience."

"Tea sounds lovely, Seppun-san." She bowed. "I would not want to keep you."
Asako Yuki • Phoenix Clan • Bushi • Dangerously Beautiful • Gullible
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 1.0 | Honor: What is Expected | Courtship Points: 5

Carries: Daisho, Smoking Pipe, necklace
Languages: Mekhem, Yobanjin
Asako Yuki

Postby Seppun Hideo on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:03 am

Hideo bowed. "Fortunes watch over you Asako-san."

He turned to head over to what would be a painful conversation, pausing...
Ide Amaya wrote:
Seppun Hideo wrote:He cannot quite hide the stress on his face as he closes his eyes then opens them slowly.

Her Clan-sisters were rapidly taking the spotlight away from the performers on the field below. Scanning the other spectators, she catches Hideo's expression and frowns behind her fan.

As he catches Amayas eyes. He smiled at her, which gave him the energy to deal with the next thing, as he made his way over to where Kemuri and Kitakuhime were, bowing to them.
Imperial * Shugenja * Scholarly * Description
Courtiship Points: 7
Always carries: Robes/Kimono, Amaya's Fan, Wakizashi, School Satchel, Calligraphy kit, Paper, Chopsticks, Medicine Kit
Seppun Hideo

Postby Moto Khulun on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:28 am

Usagi Tomoe wrote:"Would you want Matsu-sama to sing for you?" Tomoe asked with a grin. The sight would be rather funny.

Aaaand then random Seppun out of nowhere also dedicating it to Dong-Ha. How the hell did she end up fighting for the most wanted guy? And this one was even further ahead of her than the Scorpion.

Why do I bother...? I can't catch up at this rate...

“Well I hope you have a backup plan? There’s always young, handsome Baatar,” she adds trying to add a silver lining to the dark cloud.
Bushi | Tough | Barbaric | Wealthy | Kuge | Strange Name | Description
Status: 1.0 | Glory: 0.0 | Infamy: 0 | Honor: Untrustworthy | Theme | Courtship Points: 4
Possessions: Daisho, Sturdy Clothes (Furs and Leather), Riding Armor, Unicorn Horse, Red Steel Katana "Massacre", Nintoku's Fan
Moto Khulun

Postby Bayushi Suteichi on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:56 am

Matsu Yurio wrote:
Shinjo Liu Fei wrote:Suteichi's performance had caused Liu Fei to raise the fan he had given her, concealing her expression with a practiced effort. When she settled enough from it she allowed the fan to drop and keep her inner delight to herself.

While discussions happened elsewhere, Fei did her best to do the proper Rokugani thing and just continued with her conversation unhindered. Well, she tried to, but Suteichi's words gave her a few seconds pause that were used to compose herself again.

When she finally did, however, she tried to do the right thing by not turning to Suteichi. "Perhaps not, Matsu-sama, but it does seem a rather strange time to be so confident she will be doing so. Or.. the Crane are also more artistic?" she seemed to ask earnestly but continued with or without a quick answer. "Maybe it is from that sense, one where it is an art?"

That she had the Scorpions fan was noticed but Yurio was not crass enough to turn around and give Suteichi a high five just yet. He could big up the Scorpion in other ways.

"Oh the Crane are artistic enough, but they tend to two extremes. Idealised courtly things and that dark, deathly pale stuff that came out of the Kakita Academy a few years back. For proper entertainment you want a Scorpion. Their actors and actresses are far superior in every way."

You'd better thank me for this later, Scorpion I don't know the name of yet-san.

"Matsu-sama is indeed correct. Scorpion have quite an art form but I also must say, there are no other greater bards than the Ikoma. They are more than just the voice of the Lion. They are their spirit, their roar. I have always been fascinated by the tales of their great heroes, Liu Fei-ch...san." Suteichi cleared his throat.

"Please forgive this one's rudeness Matsu-sama. My performance for the good lady here spent a deal of my energy. I am Bayushi Suteichi, apprentice courtier." he greeted with a very proper bow. "An honor to meet another of the redoubtable and valiant Lion Clan."
Bayushi Suteichi
Scorpion Clan*Courtier*Poet*Musician*Dangerously Handsome*Heartless*Blessed By Benten

Status 1.0|Honor: Untrustworthy|Courtshp Points: 3

Carries: Fan, Sweets, Wakizashi, Aiguchi (when applicable), Samisen

Image Suteichi's Mask

Theme| Profile
Bayushi Suteichi

Postby Otaku Kitakuhime on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:09 am

Ide Samai wrote:"Ie,you were not holding back Soshi-san. Alas... Duty calls." She gave a short bow, and joined the others near Kitukahime.

"Minnasama, konnichiwa." She offered tamely for now.

Kitakuhime bows to Samai. "Konnichiwa Samai-san, have the Fortunes blessed your day?"

Seppun Hideo wrote:As he catches Amayas eyes. He smiled at her, which gave him the energy to deal with the next thing, as he made his way over to where Kemuri and Kitakuhime were, bowing to them.

She continues the series of bows. This time, a slightly deeper one to Hideo, in deference.
Unicorn Clan • Kuge • Shiotome • Heir • Benten's Blessing • Dangerous Beauty • Contrary • Gullible • Overconfident
Status: 4.0 | Glory: 0.2 | Honor: Strength of a Thousand Ancestors | Courtship Points: 6
Carries: Ornamented Choker, Sturdy Clothing, Daisho, Riding Armor + Daikyu + Quiver (when appropriate) • ProfileTheme
Carried by: Gekko (Otaku Battle Steed, where appropriate)

Otaku Kitakuhime

PreviousNext

Return to The Dueling Fields